Post-Game Talk: This Is Not The Day I Die - Jets 4 Blues 0

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
As mentioned, JoMo was great.
And I really think that Poolman will be a VERY GOOD 2nd pairing defenseman in a year or two. Love his game and he’s gaining confidence every day. Love that he’s shooting the puck so much now. And he’s so steady defensively. What a steal in the 5th round!

Reactions: GNP

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice breakdown confirms what I saw! You were really high on Conner last year, I never saw it.....now I do, loving his game.
Many of us were really high on him, he just wasn't quite ready last year which had me a little disappointed, but man is his talent showing through now, wait till he gets a little stronger yet.

Reactions: GNP

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You called this performance after last night, well done!
Helly was a stud in the first, glad Mason is back so we can get both these guys going moving forward, too bad Mason got hurt for that stretch cause if he doesn't I think we win more of those games. Having goal tending like this the rest of the year will get us in the playoffs no doubt, I love where this team is heading.
They played as I expected. They are a good team that works hard. Their coach just might be a bit underrated in some areas.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Goaltender is the big difference this year
I can’t recall when the last time Helly was pulled out during the game
Last year Helly and Hutch were pulled out like yo-yo after letting in some loose goals

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that was a fun game to be at.

I didn't care for Myers game but apart from that everyone played well.

JoMo is starting to resemble Keith more and more. The kid is a legit all around top pairing dmen and the skies the limit. Trouba also continuing to round back into form. We are pretty set with them as our top pairing moving forward.

Kulikov looks like a solid number 4 that can help stabilized a pairing. Poolman has looked very good in his limited role. I am interested in seeing how the pairings shake up next season.

Nice to see Chef and Laine get off the snide tonight, both had good games. The second line keeps flashing some good play here and there, but it would be nice for them to go on a bit of a run.

Time to for the team to go on the road and get some results prior to the holiday season.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Every athlete in every sport will make mistakes. All you need to do is make less of 'em than the other guys.

Yep. As the statistician father of Big Sami Niku might say, hockey is the art of not making as many mistakes as often in the direction of being scored on as your opponent. Amen to that.

Reactions: ps241 and DRC

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I am so green with jealous rage.
It was only one game last season and one the season before and today's game. We are probably going to a game closer to the playoffs.
I'd like to get tickets to the Preds on March 25th.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Sat beside a guy that complained about Trouba all night long.....I cudda thrown him onto the ice.
8 and 44 looked really good as did Lowry, Armia, Ehlers, Laine, Kuli and MP. Helle was a wall and really deserved that goose egg.
Everyone still want to can Maurice, Huddy, Flaherty and every body else or did the get a one day reprieve?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Conventional wisdom is that Trouba is the one with Norris potential...but if you ask me Josh is more of a Norris potential than Jake. Josh is so smart , just watching his interviews gives you that impression. Trouba is more of a break down the front door type of player while Morrissey picks the lock if you get my drift.

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
Did I tell you Morrissey is my favorite player on this team?! He is a coaches dream, I gotta dig up a post from this summer where I beamed about him but I should also say I would clone dmen after him.

Yea my fav player too and I’m pretty sure we are cloning him in the spring when we draft Jett Woo ;)

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I love this team.

This is a team of superb hockey players on just the right deals to make it all work.

Trouba may want to keep a look out. Josh Morrissey is comming for the fututre #1 spot. Frankly, I think he has it right now. Troubs $ figures have been creeping down since the holdout IMO.

Fun, fun, fun.... Buff and Toby put me in a happy place.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I love this team.

This is a team of superb hockey players on just the right deals to make it all work.

Trouba may want to keep a look out. Josh Morrissey is comming for the fututre #1 spot. Frankly, I think he has it right now. Troubs $ figures have been creeping down since the holdout IMO.

Fun, fun, fun.... Buff and Toby put me in a happy place.

In my opinion, Morrissey passed Trouba last year.
And now he’s miles ahead.
Trouba has a bit of Bogosian in him. Just a bit.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Just putting this out there-

Players with 5 goals:

Little
Lowry
Myers
JMo

Hoping for more goals from the 2C.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets should play them all like that! Wow. Not surprisingly that was a season high for adj Corsi% (70.81!) and xGF% (74.26!).

WLOTGFGADiff
adjCF% > 5012436640+26
xGF% > 5013315928+31
adjCF% < 507624653-7
xGF% < 506745365-12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: MardyBum

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree. hopefully the paychecks show this as well. A JoMo/Trouba for under 14$ mil will make me a happy camper.

Morrissey's market is pretty defined so its a fairly safe bet He's getting between 5 and 5.5 on a long term deal. Given the way he's played this season he will likely be at the top end of it with Slavin 7 at 5.4 or Lindholm 6 and 5.3 as his closest comparibles.

Trouba i have no idea what he will sign for. Given how he's played he should be looking at around 6 per year given his arb rights and RFA years left.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Not sure if this was posted yet, but here's a nice interview with Thorburn on his experience in Winnipeg.

This should be mandatory viewing for anyone before they start making a post referring to marginal NHL players with all kinds of derogatory invective. His skills are what they are, and even being what they are, this is a goddamn class act from a goddamn classy guy and deserves respect as such. I'm glad he's found a second home. Love that joke at the end about preserving his franchise GP record by mowing down Bryan Little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->