Post-Game Talk: This Is Not The Day I Die - Jets 4 Blues 0

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Jets bring that every game, they're unbeatable. Unfortunately, they don't bring that every game. And Trevor Kidd, uhhhhhhh.................stick to radio.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Mo has this team playing a game I like. I like it a lot.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jets 31 and SLAYER

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Dominatrix performance. Sky is on hold from falling for a couple days anyway. Lol

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I've seen him make some mistakes in his own zone the last couple games, leaving Kucherov alone in the slot comes to mind but besides that his skating, and puck moving are elite.

I liked how he held the blue line this game, too many times on the powerplay we see our defencemen panic and make a bad play that leads to a turnover. Refreshing

Every athlete in every sport will make mistakes. All you need to do is make less of 'em than the other guys.

Reactions: 204hockey

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That was 2 completely dominant performances against one of the top teams in the west. Glad to see the Chicago game was an anomaly.

Also a big "lmao" to the guy pregame who was criticizing people for being optimistic and saying we were a bad team.

IIRC there was no reason to be optimistic;)

Reactions: Festinator

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Objectivity isn't welcomed here, gotcha.

Maybe you're not up on your linguistic nuances, but your use of "playing like that" for this game implies that their prior game wasn't also very good and would lead to good results especially factoring in the road win.

Objectively (as in, by all metrics that predict success) it was. So if objectivity isn't welcomed here, we're not the ones shooing it away.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Confidence is creeping back into the team.

First line was flying.

On our second line we have started to stretch out our break outs and it's really helping Laine. The other team can't cheat in because if we get behind them our guys are gone. I like that adjustment by Mo.

Third and fourth lines still doing their jobs. Would like to see more of Perreault up the lineup but oh well.

Poolman is easily a third pairing guy. Can't wait for him to bury his first one.

Morrissey is a top pairing d-man which is just mind blowing to me. Can't say I saw that sort of rapid development coming, ala Scheif.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Maybe you're not up on your linguistic nuances, but your use of "playing like that" for this game implies that their prior game wasn't also very good and would lead to good results especially factoring in the road win.

Objectively (as in, by all metrics that predict success) it was. So if objectivity isn't welcomed here, we're not the ones shooing it away.

I wasn't all that impressed last night? Lots of shots that didn't look very dangerous, cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad