The Shirt Guy"Geoff" Fan Appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'm not black listed from anywhere lol... but you need to keep it going north of the border now. Many websites have ripped off my shirt from me now and are selling them. Instead of me asking them to stop making them, I will encourage people to buy them and wear them and have a beer in my honor at the Bell center.

Any websites in particular? I was going to recommend you try to sell them. It would be great if it caught fire and everybody was wearing them to games.

If you look back at this thread, many of us had other slogans for more t-shirts.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You have no idea if he's a moron or not. What you believe from your vantage point is FAARRR from what the executives who deal with him on a daily basis believe. He was brought in to the Team Canada fold, he doesn't get that opportunity if he's a moron. Let's not confuse what the fans think of him from what the rest of the league thinks of him.
Is there an intelligence screening for Team Canada that I am unaware of?
The guy is a complete idiot. I don't say this because he traded Subban or let Markov walk. Those are hockey decisions based on evaluations made by a group of hockey men. You can agree or disagree with these moves, it doesn't make any of them stupid.
I also cannot speak for any of the people behind the curtains as we never hear any of their thoughts. I mean, I have no idea what Dudley actually thinks about the PK trade, or what Martin Lapointe even does. So, can't say much about them.
Bergevin and the coaches are the only people front and center that we can have an opinion on, and there is no doubt both of them are f***ing imbeciles. The way Bergevin expresses and handles himself in front of the microphones and cameras is why I think that. Same with MT.
It has nothing to do with hockey decisions. Gainey, Gauthier, Julien, Martin, even Randy Cunneyworth, I hated a lot of their hockey decisions, Gainey and Gauthier completely lost their minds at some point too, but I never thought they were actually dumb.
Bergevin though...an idiot through and through.

As for him getting another opportunity. It means very litte. This league is all about who you know. Heck, our own GM can't even come to fire him despite it being an obvious must-do. Anybody who can constructively look at what he has done (so far), would be wise to stay away. The more this team has changed, the more his fingerprints are all over, the worse it has gotten. As simple as that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is there an intelligence screening for Team Canada that I am unaware of?
The guy is a complete idiot. I don't say this because he traded Subban or let Markov walk. Those are hockey decisions based on evaluations made by a group of hockey men. You can agree or disagree with these moves, it doesn't make any of them stupid.
I also cannot speak for any of the people behind the curtains as we never hear any of their thoughts. I mean, I have no idea what Dudley actually thinks about the PK trade, or what Martin Lapointe even does. So, can't say much about them.
Bergevin and the coaches are the only people front and center that we can have an opinion on, and there is no doubt both of them are ****ing imbeciles. The way Bergevin expresses and handles himself in front of the microphones and cameras is why I think that. Same with MT.
It has nothing to do with hockey decisions. Gainey, Gauthier, Julien, Martin, even Randy Cunneyworth, I hated a lot of their hockey decisions, Gainey and Gauthier completely lost their minds at some point too, but I never thought they were actually dumb.
Bergevin though...an idiot through and through.

As for him getting another opportunity. It means very litte. This league is all about who you know. Heck, our own GM can't even come to fire him despite it being an obvious must-do. Anybody who can constructively look at what he has done (so far), would be wise to stay away. The more this team has changed, the more his fingerprints are all over, the worse it has gotten. As simple as that.

You can debate his hockey decisions all you want, like you said. But when you start calling him f***ing idiot or stupid, it's no longer about hockey decisions. It's a personal attack. I believe there shouldn't be any place for that.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
My name is Rob. And I discovered it thru my daughter, she was sat beside me at the game. I'm really not a social media type, she, being 19, is and was laughing, she said "Dad, you are exploding on social media lol" I do have a twitter account, and so does she. All her friends were hitting her up because she told them she was behind the Habs bench this year and they were asking who the guy was beside her.

Have you noticed any players coming back to bench for shift changes taking looong looks at your shirts? Any smiles?

Reactions: tshirt guy

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You can debate his hockey decisions all you want, like you said. But when you start calling him ****ing idiot or stupid, it's no longer about hockey decisions. It's a personal attack. I believe there shouldn't be any place for that.
He belittles fans on a regular with his ''my job is difficult''...''this isn't PS''..''last center traded is Joe Thornton''..''centers are just not available''.
Who are you kidding man.
Call a spade a spade, there is nothing wrong with that.

But that isn't what you initially said. You claimed he wasn't stupid. That if he was hired by Team Canada, then surely he isn't a moron. That is what I was responding to.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
My name is Rob. And I discovered it thru my daughter, she was sat beside me at the game. I'm really not a social media type, she, being 19, is and was laughing, she said "Dad, you are exploding on social media lol" I do have a twitter account, and so does she. All her friends were hitting her up because she told them she was behind the Habs bench this year and they were asking who the guy was beside her.

Cool story...
Making your daughter laugh is priceless.
As for us many of us are laughing all the time going on 4 years in some cases. :D

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why am I just seeing this thread for the first time? Hmmm. @tshirt guy you were the best part of the Florida game and it was a thing of beauty how you came to the game so prepared with extra shirts. Welcome to hf habs by the way.

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
Any websites in particular? I was going to recommend you try to sell them. It would be great if it caught fire and everybody was wearing them to games.

If you look back at this thread, many of us had other slogans for more t-shirts.
I had mine made at uberprints.com they have much better quality shirts than the ones some guy pirated from me, but it's really up to the buyer. I think the message may be more important than the quality of the shirt for some. If you google "Geoff fire Bergevin" there are a few websites making the shirts now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had mine made at uberprints.com they have much better quality shirts than the ones some guy pirated from me, but it's really up to the buyer. I think the message may be more important than the quality of the shirt for some. If you google "Geoff fire Bergevin" there are a few websites making the shirts now.

You're right. One site has mugs, notebooks, smartphone covers, pillows, laptop cases, totes and several types of t-shirts and hoodies. It spawned a cottage industry but we'll always remember who was first. Quality and esthetics look awful, it's black print on red background.

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
Have you noticed any players coming back to bench for shift changes taking looong looks at your shirts? Any smiles?
yes there were a few that got caught. One had to bury his face in his glove because he was laughing and the coach was trying to communicate with him. But they definitely didn't bother Carey, he made a point to give my daughter a puck at the end of the first period. He scooped the game puck off the ice and tossed it over the glass to her. And its' not like he though she was alone, we had the whole row to ourselves lol. He knew who she was with.

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
@tshirt guy I apologize if this was already asked, but did you have a 4th shirt in case the game went to overtime?
I was going to re-use my Galchenyuk shirt since a smart coach would put his best shooters on the ice first to win as opposed to how Julien plays "Not to lose" No killer instinct in him... that's also a problem. Who do you think Babcock would put on in overtime to start if coached us...His line would be Galchenyuk, Byron and Weber... he'd go for the jugular!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The tshirt guy's efforts have not been replicated to the same extent, however, there was a fan who had a seat behind the Habs bench during the current road trip.

The fan had a message which unfortunately was written on a small, not highly visible sign but it caught the attention of social media. I believe it was taken during the Zona game on Feb. 15th:

24sker.jpg

Last edited:

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
The tshirt guy's efforts have not been replicated to the same extent, however, there was a fan who had a seat behind the Habs bench during the current road trip.

The fan had a message which unfortunately was written on a small, not highly visible sign but it caught the attention of social media. I believe it was taken during the Zona game on Feb. 15th:

24sker.jpg
Hey, It's @ToLegitToQuit !

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Rob the t-shirt guy will be back again during the next Habs game in Florida on March 8th. He'll be sitting in the same seat and this time will have 9 new t-shirts (3 per period) plus his girlfriend will have one. He was just on TSN690 with McKenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad