The New Little Caesers Arena Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You Americans sure are lucky. Gotta spend at least 100 CDN to get through the door in Edmonton.
Yeah...I'll take the option without the lines for the bathroom and the price gouging at every turn. Crowd noise is overrated. #CouchPotato

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah...I'll take the option without the lines for the bathroom and the price gouging at every turn. Crowd noise is overrated. #CouchPotato

You don't seem like the person who is all that interested in going to a game even if the team is that good.

Clearly you are not the target audience for the arena. :laugh:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Just a few recent bad experiences at The Joe and CoMerica that have turned me against attending. If today's crowds were less prone to abundant profanity and drunken shenanigans - even when around little kids - I'd be at least a little less against the experience.

But the combo of the crowd behavior and the cost just isn't at all what it used to be.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I'll be driving by to see the new arena after I'm done at the auto show next weekend. Cant wait to see it in person, even if its still under construction :)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Yuck. I get that those are the colors of Little Cesars Pizza, but c'mon.

C3B0mAOXUAANPGN.jpg:large

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Hi, just dropping by.

Can't wait to see your arena in person when I get back to visiting friends out in MI. Saw the video from CBS Detroit showing the first few seats and damn, that place is gonna be the most physically imposing and intimidating building in the National when it's done. Looks damn good with its steep pitch and close upper levels.

Also, as an outsider who visited the fantastic Comerica Park once, that stadium district is really going to be something Michigan should be proud of. Those venues are marvelous.

Last edited:

Lion Man

Jan 21, 2008
Windsor
The public is also paying for a portion of the arena, are they not?

This was not sold as a dual-sport arena until just now.

Ammmm this has always been sold as a dual sport arena. From the beginning they wanted the Pistons there. They constructed it with the idea that they can later renovate it fit an NBA team. Chris Ilitch has said all of this before the ground was even broken.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Ammmm this has always been sold as a dual sport arena. From the beginning they wanted the Pistons there. They constructed it with the idea that they can later renovate it fit an NBA team. Chris Ilitch has said all of this before the ground was even broken.

Source? I don't remember hearing any of that. The pistons moving into the arean was a complete surprise to me and it seemed like others too

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Basic Logic would tell anyone that if Illitch and Detroit combine to spend hundreds of millions on a centrally located arena that both organizations would want to maximize the use of it.

Further to point one, Id suggest that if the City were spending hundreds of millions on an arena they'd actively want another team "moving to Detroit" to use this arena.

These are just my two cents though

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Source? I don't remember hearing any of that. The pistons moving into the arean was a complete surprise to me and it seemed like others too

I remember them talking about college games early on in the development process. Here's a blurb from an article from September 2016 before any talk of the Pistons:
Not just hockey
The Red Wings will be the main tenants but the arena already has booked many other events including the annual Great Lakes Invitational, 2017 Big Ten hockey tournament, first- and second-round games of the 2018 NCAA men’s basketball tournament and the 2018 Horizon League men’s basketball tournament. The Red Wings also are expected to pursue a future NHL All-Star Game and the NHL entry draft for the new arena.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/09/little_caesars_arena.html

So it was always built with basketball in mind, they needed another like 38 million in additional funding for the Pistons to be in there full time.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

Illitch showed interest in purchasing the pistons a few years back with the intention of moving them to the new arena. so the fact that the pistons are moving to the new arena, even though illitch doesn't own the pistons, shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone. I believe the goal all along was to make it a dual purpose arena

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I must have just spaced on all that talk. Has there ever been an owner to own 3 sports franchises in one city lol.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Anyone know how loud it will be in the new arena? I know that's difficult to estimate, but how do the acoustics of newer arenas compare?

I know it will never be like this, but a boy can dream. I was at this game and it was amazing.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Anyone know how loud it will be in the new arena? I know that's difficult to estimate, but how do the acoustics of newer arenas compare?

I know it will never be like this, but a boy can dream. I was at this game and it was amazing.

Usually they attempt to make some kind of acoustic accommodations for music and performance shows that will be rolling through. So given that, they create surfaces that aren't going to bounce the sound around like a tin can creating that deafening echo.

For example, I know Bose (among others) makes these giant sound panels they install in stadiums to dampen noise generated, so events other than sports have clearer sound. Old stadiums have them retrofitted, but I can't imagine the most expensive arena in the entire NHL foregoing any kind of noise treatment.

All of this is to say... it probably won't be a loud arena by design. It will be up to the fans to make up the gap.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Usually they attempt to make some kind of acoustic accommodations for music and performance shows that will be rolling through. So given that, they create surfaces that aren't going to bounce the sound around like a tin can creating that deafening echo.

For example, I know Bose (among others) makes these giant sound panels they install in stadiums to dampen noise generated, so events other than sports have clearer sound. Old stadiums have them retrofitted, but I can't imagine the most expensive arena in the entire NHL foregoing any kind of noise treatment.

All of this is to say... it probably won't be a loud arena by design. It will be up to the fans to make up the gap.

maybe they'll be able to retract the sound bafflers for hockey games :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad