The New Little Caesers Arena Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The outside doesn't have the same wow factor the original concepts held. Maybe because it's not done yet. But the view doesn't have "most expensive NHL arena" look so far.

I was hoping we'd dethrone Nationwide Arena (Blue Jackets):

14600527562.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It certainly appears that the acoustic panels are orange.

I hope it was just and bronze or something and that was the lighting because why wouldn't you do red if any color. Both teams share that one.

It's a small thing, but it would be nice if this was the Wings (and I guess basketball, meh) palace more than a pizza palace.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I hope it was just and bronze or something and that was the lighting because why wouldn't you do red if any color. Both teams share that one.

It's a small thing, but it would be nice if this was the Wings (and I guess basketball, meh) palace more than a pizza palace.

Here's another look -

I don't know what to think. Bronze ceiling? Gonna be painted yet? Could it be special effect lighting - sorta like bringing what was originally promised on the roof to inside? But how would that affect the acoustics for concerts and the like? That would seem like sound would bounce right off and back down on the show and crowd. Or is it just a temporary surface where workers are walking around on the other side installing lighting or spraying some sort of sound muffling foam on the ceiling for acoustics? And we're seeing temporary wood panels?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I mean, could it be fabric to keep falling debris from landing on workers below?

If they really are going with orange for the roof, that makes it just about clear the Ilitch family is focused more on the dollar bill signs than the actual team.

cnwinger

Feb 22, 2012
During a tour I took, they mentioned that it was color changing lighting mesh or some junk like that. Not sure if it's color only or if it will actually display video of some sort. There's also giant 2-way video screens on the concourse walls.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
During a tour I took, they mentioned that it was color changing lighting mesh or some junk like that. Not sure if it's color only or if it will actually display video of some sort. There's also giant 2-way video screens on the concourse walls.

Interesting. So sorta like what they had planned for the roof brought inside. I mean it's not LED screens or anything like that but given it's flat they could probably reflect things off it, and if it's not black but I assume Red during entrances and the like it could really make the ceiling look a lot lower and almost right on top of the players - Wings have said they wanted the whole experience to be rather opposing if you have the "baddest bowl" of fans closest to the action almost hanging over the ice all wearing red and then have the ceiling lit up red, it would be like the opposing team was completely enclosed.

Maybe it's orange during the day as it's the most natural light color, assuming the color changing screens are otherwise black, and white might be too harsh.

cnwinger

Feb 22, 2012
Interesting. So sorta like what they had planned for the roof brought inside. I mean it's not LED screens or anything like that but given it's flat they could probably reflect things off it, and if it's not black but I assume Red during entrances and the like it could really make the ceiling look a lot lower and almost right on top of the players - Wings have said they wanted the whole experience to be rather opposing if you have the "baddest bowl" of fans closest to the action almost hanging over the ice all wearing red and then have the ceiling lit up red, it would be like the opposing team was completely enclosed.

Maybe it's orange during the day as it's the most natural light color, assuming the color changing screens are otherwise black, and white might be too harsh.
I snapped this pic when I was up there in the ceiling, and it definitely looks like it's just orange mesh. Maybe temporary? But it's possible lights will actually reflect off of the orange stuff to change the color. The way they described the color-changing ceiling was that lights would be reflected off of something on the grid.

http://i.imgur.com/vUMC4sC.jpg

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I mean, could it be fabric to keep falling debris from landing on workers below?

If they really are going with orange for the roof, that makes it just about clear the Ilitch family is focused more on the dollar bill signs than the actual team.

I get the sinking feeling Chris Illitch may become our Bill Wirtz. If it happens I hope Wings and Tigers fans take their cue from Piston fans. I'll hand it to them, they do not show up when the team is not good.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I get the sinking feeling Chris Illitch may become our Bill Wirtz. If it happens I hope Wings and Tigers fans take their cue from Piston fans. I'll hand it to them, they do not show up when the team is not good.

We will see the Palace isn't easy to get to for a decent chunk of Detroit. I think that has a lot to do with it, my guess is the Pistons will not hurt the same way once they move back downtown into the Pizza Pizza Arena.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think the Illitch family likes red for the inside roof colour, I expect it to be red yet. I think the orange, is just tarping or whatever to keep debris from falling.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I snapped this pic when I was up there in the ceiling, and it definitely looks like it's just orange mesh. Maybe temporary? But it's possible lights will actually reflect off of the orange stuff to change the color. The way they described the color-changing ceiling was that lights would be reflected off of something on the grid.

http://i.imgur.com/vUMC4sC.jpg

Yeah that just looks like something temporary to keep stuff from falling onto workers below. That is reassuring.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Season saved???
Interesting question.

I suppose that fabric could be used to protect not only the workers beneath it, but any number of other things. And if one or more workers happen to bring their lunch inside the arena, and said lunch happens to include one or more spices or other flavorings (salt, pepper, etc.)...

Then SEASON SAVED!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad