The New Little Caesers Arena Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
With the prices you have to remember two things. If the team sucks - which it probably will for the next few years - there will be plenty of cheaper tickets on Stubhub and ultimately they won't be able to avoid promotions. So what I'm saying is, in a way you're probably hoping for those tickets to be quite expensive. ;)

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I'm still hoping that with Mr. I passing, that the family decides to give up the Little Caesars naming rights and simply names the arena after him. Call it the The Mike Ilitch Arena, and like we had "The Joe" for years and years, we could call this one "The Mike".

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Usually they attempt to make some kind of acoustic accommodations for music and performance shows that will be rolling through. So given that, they create surfaces that aren't going to bounce the sound around like a tin can creating that deafening echo.

For example, I know Bose (among others) makes these giant sound panels they install in stadiums to dampen noise generated, so events other than sports have clearer sound. Old stadiums have them retrofitted, but I can't imagine the most expensive arena in the entire NHL foregoing any kind of noise treatment.

All of this is to say... it probably won't be a loud arena by design. It will be up to the fans to make up the gap.

Thanks for the very detailed response.

And what Winger said. I'd also like to make sure that the fans will be able to fight Ron Artest and shower the opposition in concession items with ease. That and the crowd noise are my primary concerns.

Meanie

Apr 21, 2017
I'm still hoping that with Mr. I passing, that the family decides to give up the Little Caesars naming rights and simply names the arena after him. Call it the The Mike Ilitch Arena, and like we had "The Joe" for years and years, we could call this one "The Mike".

I don't like the Little Caesar name but I like naming it Mike Illitch even less. I thought it would be nice to name it after Gordie Howe.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I don't like the Little Caesar name but I like naming it Mike Illitch even less. I thought it would be nice to name it after Gordie Howe.

The new bridge spanning from Detroit to Windsor is named after Gordie Howe, Don't see them naming that arena after him. Plus all the new arena's in the league now have corporate names.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I must have just spaced on all that talk. Has there ever been an owner to own 3 sports franchises in one city lol.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment owns 5 or 6 teams in Toronto if you count minor league teams as well as ones from the big 4.

The Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC, the Marlies, Raptors 905, and Toronto FC II

They are also known to be trying to bring an NFL team to Toronto.

Meanie

Apr 21, 2017
The new bridge spanning from Detroit to Windsor is named after Gordie Howe, Don't see them naming that arena after him. Plus all the new arena's in the league now have corporate names.

Yea, I thought the bridge name was a bad idea as well.

Corporate names is their method of advertising. I have a problem with that when using tax dollars to help fund a build.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Always amazes me what a sweetheart deal sports teams get for building new stadiums. A few cities have played hardball, but most cave.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Always amazes me what a sweetheart deal sports teams get for building new stadiums. A few cities have played hardball, but most cave.

Aren't politics great?

If a city lost a sports team, you know opponents and voters would hang the government for it. Which is such a stupid concept.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Detroit wasn't worried about losing the Wings (it's too iconic a brand for that). The carrot that was dangled in front of their faces was urban regeneration, essentially an extension of the 'safe zone' downtown, and city politicians love that stuff.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010

Does that mean tax payers are now on the hook for 400 million instead of the originally projected $261.5M tax payer dollars the city gave to the Illiches?

Edit:
found an article that listed the public financing of the project is now $324M taxpayer dollars

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment owns 5 or 6 teams in Toronto if you count minor league teams as well as ones from the big 4.

The Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC, the Marlies, Raptors 905, and Toronto FC II

They are also known to be trying to bring an NFL team to Toronto.

Interesting I was trying to think of more of an individual owner though I think the Leafs organization s a conglomerate somehow associated with a teachers union or something like that.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Based on the interactive view it seems the jumbotron hangs considerably lower than the gondola seating, it may be possible to see it still in the last row of the upper bowl.

Edit: now that I'm looking again I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad