The New Little Caesers Arena Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Yes I hope they will take extra measures. I can remember comments at from other NHL players and commentators throughout following the wings about how the Joe had great ice.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I am not sure which DJ it was but someone on the WRIF 101.1 said they should have the last event in the Joe be a concert and have the band do a back to back one show at the Joe and one show the next day at the Pizzarena. I thought that sounded like a cool idea.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Pistons moving in will take away a lot. Barely gonna be a noteworthy, individual home to the Red Wings. No fan. But well, the price of our regression I guess.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I don't think this would be happening if Mr. I were a younger man. Oh well from the winged wheel being off the roof to the name to not being the only home team all the excitement over this new barn is down the toilet.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't think this would be happening if Mr. I were a younger man. Oh well from the winged wheel being off the roof to the name to not being the only home team all the excitement over this new barn is down the toilet.

I see this as another sign his kids are running most things these days. Chris Ilitch doesn't seem to have anywhere near the same passion that his father does.

I still remember when he gave away A NEW DODGE RAM to Lidstrom at his jersey retirement ceremony. Was such a false gesture.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm setting the over/under at 10 and a half:

Number of games during the first NHL regular season, before you hear the "Deee-troiiit Baaasket-ballllll" chant at a Wings game. :facepalm:

J15

Mar 18, 2009
I'm setting the over/under at 10 and a half:

Number of games during the first NHL regular season, before you hear the "Deee-troiiit Baaasket-ballllll" chant at a Wings game. :facepalm:

What? :laugh: You think because they share the same building, Wings games are all of a sudden going to be over taken with basketball fans?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I see this as another sign his kids are running most things these days. Chris Ilitch doesn't seem to have anywhere near the same passion that his father does.

I still remember when he gave away A NEW DODGE RAM to Lidstrom at his jersey retirement ceremony. Was such a false gesture.

Dodge pays the Wings a lot of money to be involved with things like that. I mean you can say it is a false gesture or they shouldn't be involved at that point, but that is an evolution of sports. Mike Ilitch liked his sponsors too. It is worth pointing out one of the reasons Ilitch a lifelong Baseball junky liked hockey so much was his kids involvement and his wife's passion for the sport. It is interesting that you would point to that as there is actually maybe more passion for the Wings than the Tigers out of the next Ilitch owner.

I don't like the Pistons moving in one bit.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Given the Pistons want to be equal partners in the arena, I assume Gores is paying half the arena price (not the surrounding buildings though) so Olympia is probably getting a nine figure check out of this agreement.

Chris Ilitch is a business man, Mike Ilitch was a sports fan.

I wonder where Piston blue will be added to the decor.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
What? :laugh: You think because they share the same building, Wings games are all of a sudden going to be over taken with basketball fans?
Haha, no - I think that the trend these days in sports marketing is to abandon tradition, and use as many bold things as you can, whether it's bizarre new color schemes for jerseys, or off-the-wall pregame celebrations, complete with pyrotechnics and crowd games. The Palace had used quite a bit of it, and there's gradually been more of it at The Joe, so I'd expect the trend to continue, complete with some Pistons carryover.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Dodge pays the Wings a lot of money to be involved with things like that. I mean you can say it is a false gesture or they shouldn't be involved at that point, but that is an evolution of sports. Mike Ilitch liked his sponsors too. It is worth pointing out one of the reasons Ilitch a lifelong Baseball junky liked hockey so much was his kids involvement and his wife's passion for the sport. It is interesting that you would point to that as there is actually maybe more passion for the Wings than the Tigers out of the next Ilitch owner.

I don't like the Pistons moving in one bit.

Chris Ilitch inserted a Dodge Ram commercial into a jersey retirement ceremony. That is 100% a cash grab. Did Mike Ilitch ever do something to that effect? Did that happen when Yzerman's jersey was retired?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
As the on ice product continues to degrade so does the legacy. Welcome to Hockeyball Town. Joint retirement ceremonies in the future?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Chris Ilitch inserted a Dodge Ram commercial into a jersey retirement ceremony. That is 100% a cash grab. Did Mike Ilitch ever do something to that effect? Did that happen when Yzerman's jersey was retired?

We knew where their hearts were the second they put Amway anywhere near their brand. That was disgusting.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The amount of ********** over something so trivial is astounding to me.

My only question is will this now mean the Pistons no longer support Hungry Howies in favor of the Little Caesers tie-in.

Hungry Howies >>> Little Caesers

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Little Caesar's logo instead of that winged wheel --> Pistons moving in --> ... For sure not the last surprise.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
636154376652504549-insidearena.jpg

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
What does it cost long-term to change between ice rink & basketball court all the time? Anyone having approximate numbers in mind?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
seems like it would be a negligible cost considering what they charge for parking, tickets, and beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad