The New Little Caesers Arena Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
while this will be good for the city of detroit, this is pretty bad for auburn hills. hopefully it's not silverdome 2.0

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
What? :laugh: You think because they share the same building, Wings games are all of a sudden going to be over taken with basketball fans?

Wait until the Wings lose 5-10 games in a row and the Pistons win 5-10 games in a row...

Hopefully it happens during the first period when there aren't enough people there to be loud enough to hear on the tv broadcast.

The state of the new arena is sad. I hold out hope since it was designed by the same folks that did Rogers Place (Edmonton's new barn)... but so far it looks like they used all their good ideas there.

Having a pizza logo on the roof and basketball banners in the rafters is a real turn off.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
while this will be good for the city of detroit, this is pretty bad for auburn hills. hopefully it's not silverdome 2.0

Its right next to a landfill maybe they can just fill it with garbage :sarcasm:

I would think the wings have enough of a legacy to have their own stadium. The cooperate arena name, bait and switch to making the roof an advertising billboard, and now sharing with another sport are all a big bummer. But at the end of the day its just win for a Detroit, just at the sacrifice for those that bleed red. (lol wait we all bleed red).

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Its right next to a landfill maybe they can just fill it with garbage :sarcasm:

I would think the wings have enough of a legacy to have their own stadium. The cooperate arena name, bait and switch to making the roof an advertising billboard, and now sharing with another sport are all a big bummer. But at the end of the day its just win for a Detroit, just at the sacrifice for those that bleed red. (lol wait we all bleed red).

all the other original 6 teams share their arenas with basketball teams with the exception of montreal.

it's just the way things are now. it sucks but people need to get over it

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
all the other original 6 teams share their arenas with basketball teams with the exception of montreal.

So, 4 teams?... so?

The handling of fhe new arena, so far, seems poorly done... I think people have a right to voice their displeasure online and with where they choose to spend their money.

Hey Hey Pizzatown!

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
So, 4 teams?... so?

The handling of fhe new arena, so far, seems poorly done... I think people have a right to voice their displeasure online and with where they choose to spend their money.

Hey Hey Pizzatown!

the point is most teams share their arenas with other teams now, regardless of team legacies. just because the wings are an original 6 team doesn't make them immune to the modern sports business practices. you can complain all you want about it, but that's the landscape of modern sports so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone it's going down this way with the wings new arena

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
the point is most teams share their arenas with other teams now, regardless of team legacies. you can complain all you want about it, but that's the landscape of modern sports so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone it's going down this way with the wings new arena
Yet another reason to watch sports on tv and not support the publicly financed playpens of billionaires.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

As a fan I can talk about how I dislike it as much as I want. :laugh:

I think most fans understand that the sport is becoming more commercialized and more stale as time goes on. But it doesn't mean we have to just accept it and not express our disappointment with that reality.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
the point is most teams share their arenas with other teams now, regardless of team legacies. just because the wings are an original 6 team doesn't make them immune to the modern sports business practices. you can complain all you want about it, but that's the landscape of modern sports so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone it's going down this way with the wings new arena

The public is also paying for a portion of the arena, are they not?

This was not sold as a dual-sport arena until just now.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Don't worry the additional revenue they make from basketball will cover the portion that was going to be publicly funded and that will be returned, oh wait...

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The funny part was whoever was doing the press conference yesterday said "Well for the price of 34 million extra you are getting so much value, because think about how much it would cost to bring them in later!"

It shouldn't cost the taxpayers anything, you ass, and it isn't like this merger was something that came out of the blue in the first place.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
^It shouldn't. But if Gores says "I want a new arena and am willing to move the team for the best deal" you can bet he'd have more than a few cities knocking on his door to poach the Pistons. $34M is really cheap to all but secure the Pistons in Detroit for at least the next 20 years. Any city in America would jump at acquiring an NBA franchise in their city for $34M.

The ugly deal is still the original arena deal. Gores and Gilbert better not come with hat in hand looking for city funding for their MLS Stadium in the near future either.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Dennis Rodman will drop the puck at the Red Wings 1st home game for the 2017/2018 season.
Puck?!? That's SO last year. They'll be using a basketball for all home games from now on. I hear that the goalies have fully endorsed the change.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Put hoops at the bottom of the netting behind the goals. If the puck goes into the netting and comes down through the hoop it's worth two goals. Obviously if it's shot behind the blue line it's worth three. Boom,increased scoring!

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
So, 4 teams?... so?

Hey Hey Pizzatown!

Love it. That better be the new slogan.

The funny part was whoever was doing the press conference yesterday said "Well for the price of 34 million extra you are getting so much value, because think about how much it would cost to bring them in later!"

It shouldn't cost the taxpayers anything, you ass, and it isn't like this merger was something that came out of the blue in the first place.

Thought this thread couldn't get any better, but this kinda stuff is gold.

Has there been any mention of this in the media up there, or is it just the same old line?

redvvingsfan

Nov 26, 2016
The refrigeration equipment for the ice is being installed.....
14676703_1537308276285153_1993604886863806464_n.jpg

LCA virtual venue: http://redwings.io-media.com/web/index.html

You can get a 360 degree view from every seat in the arena. Look at the slope of the upper level seats, the place is gonna be very intimate especially with the sound bouncing off the gondola seats.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
The refrigeration equipment for the ice is being installed.....
14676703_1537308276285153_1993604886863806464_n.jpg

LCA virtual venue: http://redwings.io-media.com/web/index.html

You can get a 360 degree view from every seat in the arena. Look at the slope of the upper level seats, the place is gonna be very intimate especially with the sound bouncing off the gondola seats.

Almost seems to me that you're going to pay 108$ min for a good seat...everything else looks very far away and distant. IMO

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Almost seems to me that you're going to pay 108$ min for a good seat...everything else looks very far away and distant. IMO

Always hard for me to tell from these photos. Perspective from photography is different than the human eye.

I've gone to games in stadiums where the seat photos looked pretty "meh" but getting there the views were much better than I anticipated.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Am I reading that correctly? The cheapest seat in the house is $50?

I might have missed a price point in there somewhere, but if the above is true, then the only way I'm entering that building is if I win the tickets in a contest or at work. I wouldn't pay $100 for two regular season tickets to see a GOOD team, let alone this one.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

The 215-223 sections top rows are $40 a piece.

They came out with a preliminary pricing in June that said upper bowl would cost $40-65. Seems the range is 40-60 now.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

I might have missed a price point in there somewhere, but if the above is true, then the only way I'm entering that building is if I win the tickets in a contest or at work. I wouldn't pay $100 for two regular season tickets to see a GOOD team, let alone this one.

Demand will be up with people wanting to check out the new facility regardless of the product on the ice. High prices isn't unsurprising. If the team remains bad I'd expect prices to drop quite sharply in the coming years.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

You Americans sure are lucky. Gotta spend at least 100 CDN to get through the door in Edmonton.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Always hard for me to tell from these photos. Perspective from photography is different than the human eye.

I've gone to games in stadiums where the seat photos looked pretty "meh" but getting there the views were much better than I anticipated.

Very true. Wonder if the price to a Pistons game will be similar. They can add seats when they take the boards down correct? I've heard basketball games are pretty entertaining..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad