The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Did I drastically alter Hawks roster and proudly proclaim it to media? No

If I did and created this mess of a team then I would certainly deserve to take blame for it

When Stanley made those moves and made his speech last offseason he put 100% blame or credit for results on him

Its time to hold Stanley accountable

Reactions: Blackhawks

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Panik getting it done.

View attachment 93187

Richard panik 4pts in 5gp thus far.

Still happy with Duclair but did not except Panik to produce

It's the "system" (of Quenneville's).

More in the Isles/Hawks GDT but because its locked I cant quote em for here

Yes there was a Panik mania for his two good games in Arizona but has since faded away as Panik faded away

Panzer in multiple posts talked up the success of Panik away from Q

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Didn't need to see into future to know that Seabrook extension , Rundblad trade and Flash/Weiss deal were mistakes moment they happened

This is Stanley's mess

He was one who promised "Major Changes" last offseason

Those changes have taken toll (Along with several other mistakes since 2015) to turn Hawks into a team on cusp of being a dumpster franchise once more

Are you really trying to claim this team is close to a dumpster franchise?

This might be your most ridiculous hot take ever.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Have you looked at cap situations and the untradeable garbage on roster?

No one is going to do Hawks a favor and take Seabrook + Toews off our hands

Keith is already showing signs of decline , Crawford with injuries and age wont be able to play at top level beyond a couple more season at best

Only part of our Core that will likely be productive over next 5 years is Kane

How can we look at situation positively when we already have 17.5M in dead cap space with Toews + Seabrook on roster?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I agree. There is concern in the back end and I can see a trade possibly coming for a seasoned dman before next season in that regard, but up front this team has genuine potential.
Suggested a dump of 50 percent of the players makes no sense whatsoever.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seabrook will be a compliance buyout. Simple as that. Boom 7 million cap space.

Again you are claiming this team is a dumpster fire...this is a moronic claim.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Does Rocky know that?

I cant imagine Rocky will enjoy paying out $$$ to correct another major Stanley mistake

What other major mistakes has he paid for? “Another” implies he has paid before.

I can say with 99% certainly, a Seabrook buyout has been discussed with the senior leadership. How can I say that? Because that is how businesses work, if you see a future issue you identify it so it can be part of future planning.

FYI, Stan has made Rocky far more money that he has lost him.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What other major mistakes has he paid for? “Another” implies he has paid before.

I can say with 99% certainly, a Seabrook buyout has been discussed with the senior leadership. How can I say that? Because that is how businesses work, if you see a future issue you identify it so it can be part of future planning.

FYI, Stan has made Rocky far more money that he has lost him.
Huet? Khabibulin? Ate Olesz' contract in the Campbell trade. Spend money to make money. He'll owe Q quite a bit of money pretty soon.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Huet? Khabibulin? Ate Olesz' contract in the Campbell trade. Spend money to make money. He'll owe Q quite a bit of money pretty soon.

Huet and Khab I agree with. Olesz technically saved him money.

Something tells me John M and Rocky handled Q’s new deal more so than Stan. Don’t see Stan being on the hook for Q.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Huet and Khab I agree with. Olesz technically saved him money.

Something tells me John M and Rocky handled Q’s new deal more so than Stan. Don’t see Stan being on the hook for Q.
while i am agreement, the caveat to that is, there was no salary cap to deal with.

the salary cap changes and trumps all business moves.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
while i am agreement, the caveat to that is, there was no salary cap to deal with.

the salary cap changes and trumps all business moves.

The salary cap was very much a thing. Rocky was willing to go around it and burn a pile of money to keep the team competitive. Which is the same thing he'd be doing with a Seabrook compliance buy out.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The salary cap was very much a thing. Rocky was willing to go around it and burn a pile of money to keep the team competitive. Which is the same thing he'd be doing with a Seabrook compliance buy out.
really, i thought huet and khab was before the hard cap.

my bad.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I just don't see him doing that with Seabrook, you think Rocky will let that one get buried? If so I can guarantee it will be another 2 years before that happens..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad