The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I just don't see him doing that with Seabrook, you think Rocky will let that one get buried? If so I can guarantee it will be another 2 years before that happens..

Well the rules are changed in terms of "burying" a guy. Before, you could out and out bury a guy. You pay the money but his cap hit didn't count against the cap, like Olesv. That's no longer the case. You can basically bury only 1 mil of a guys deal, with the rest counting against the cap. Burying Seabs would only save the team $1 mil a year against the cap. But Seabs has a NMC so it's a complete non starter as he would have to agree to go on waivers which isn't happening.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It won't get buried, it can't anymore. Do I think they'll pay Seabrook to go away with a compliance buy out in a year or two? Absolutely.

I didnt mean to say it as bury like Olesz, I don't think Rocky does another buyout especially on Seabs for at least another 2 years...he will want some return on that money and we still need the guy as we have few dmen in the system ready to play.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I still question whether Stan actually negotiated any part of the Seabrook contract. It is almost like Seabrook's agent wrote it up and Stan just signed it.

Reactions: RayP

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I didnt mean to say it as bury like Olesz, I don't think Rocky does another buyout especially on Seabs for at least another 2 years...he will want some return on that money and we still need the guy as we have few dmen in the system ready to play.

You can pay a guy that gives you what Seabrook does for half the cost. Rocky, despite my disagreements with some of his public nonsense, has never done anything to suggest he'd put profits ahead of winning hockey games. It's why I don't mind him crying poor as much as his father did.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think there is more at play here than just Stan when it comes to contracts...me thinks he has a few people looking over his shoulders allowing or disallowing these things...

John McD was already reported to have done that with Bickell so Seabrook would make it even more likely. Stan should have stood his ground if it happened but if your boss tells you to make some thing happen you do it (for the most part).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
John McD was already reported to have done that with Bickell so Seabrook would make it even more likely. Stan should have stood his ground if it happened but if your boss tells you to make some thing happen you do it (for the most part).
There have been rumors with Bickell but has there been any actual evidence? It seems plausable to me, but without any actual support to the Bickell or Seabs signings coming from higher up I think you have to lay those signings at Stan's feet.

*Of course Bickell developed an autoimmune disease, likely during the contract, which needs to be mentioned.

(I have no interest in rehashing the Bickell signing)

Reactions: Blue Liner

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
McD always has his say in signings.

It has been well known he came in and forced the Hossa and Huet deals

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So then your saying Mcd deserves credit for Kane/Toews 2nd deals and Keith deal + Hossa

Or is this the usual in which Mcd get blamed for any Stanley mistake and no credit on good

Cant have it both ways and try to give Mcd credit for every Stanley mistake but praise Stanley for any contract you view as positive

Reactions: Blackhawks

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don’t think he had anything to do with either. Hossa was Stan vs Tallon from what has been reported.

The story I got was, Scotty Bowman basically pulled rank and said they were signing Hossa. Everyone got behind that, instead of going with Tallon's guy...Havlat. Thank God!

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Can someone show proof that MiKKy D actually overrules Stan the Man? Why does Stany boy even have a job if Ronald McDonald is in charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad