The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Before I click on ignore thread, let me try again:

But seriously who really cares. I can't believe you guys are still arguing about this. Weise was never going to be in Chicago to score goals, though he could. He was here to be a grinding 4th liner who played north/south hockey and got under people's skins. Perhaps with the occasional move up the line-up if he's going well, but nothing more... and as trivial as that sounds it isn't. Not in the playoffs.

This thread should be renamed if it is more than just about DW.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Stanley gave away Danault + 2nd for a 4th liner and fading vet in Fleischmann

Thanks for again supporting my argument that it was blunder at time and worse in hindsight

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So Stanley gave away Danault + 2nd for a 4th liner and fading vet in Fleischmann

Thanks for again supporting my argument that it was blunder at time and worse in hindsight

The team needed a physical player for the 3rd line and a scorer for the 3rd line. That is what he traded for. Instead Q played Mashinter and failed to establish a 3rd line.

Keep pushing your uninformded agenda bud and you will continue to look clueless.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The team needed a physical player for the 3rd line and a scorer for the 3rd line. That is what he traded for. Instead Q played Mashinter and failed to establish a 3rd line.

Keep pushing your uninformded agenda bud and you will continue to look clueless.

No they did not

Ladd acquisition meant Shaw was moving to 3rd line and Kruger was expected back before playoffs thus another player strengthening our bottom 6

Hawks 3rd line was an issue last year because Stanley hurt team badly when he created the 1st line LW hole that was problem all year and forced Shaw's/TT/etc to be tried in that role

If not for the god awful Flash/Weise deal the Hawks could have fielded a bottom 6 come playoff time that included

Shaw-Kruger-TT
Desi-Danault-Panik

Would have been fine as a bottom 6 unit

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No they did not

Ladd acquisition meant Shaw was moving to 3rd line and Kruger was expected back before playoffs thus another player strengthening our bottom 6

Hawks 3rd line was an issue last year because Stanley hurt team badly when he created the 1st line LW hole that was problem all year and forced Shaw's/TT/etc to be tried in that role

If not for the god awful Flash/Weise deal the Hawks could have fielded a bottom 6 come playoff time that included

Shaw-Kruger-TT
Desi-Danault-Panik

Would have been fine as a bottom 6 unit

You can't even put together proper lines.

TT-Danualt-Panik would be the line you should have listed but Q did not like Panik and Danualt was a black hole offensively last year. It is amazing how you forget these facts (it is not really that surprising I lied).

Shaw-Kruger-Desi is the defensive line that Q uses and has used for a while. Again you miss.

TT should have been paired with Flash and DW on the bottom 6 non-shutdown line.

Flash provided a player that could be moved up and down the lineup while playing responsible D. DW was a north-south aggressive player who goes to the net and actually has a decent shot. He performed this same role in Montreal and was a solid player. These are obvious concepts you don't understand.

Danault is a solid player but his loss is not that big of a deal. Moose is proving to be a solid prospect that could possibly replace Kruger long term. The 2nd round pick is the part of the trade that I considered over payment. I think Stan should have moved a 3rd-4th round pick and not a 2nd.

The trade did not workout because the players did not play up to expectations and Q did not like DW (for no reason and played Mashinter). There was a slight over payment in the pick (a round or two early).

It is so obvious that you don't have much to grab onto this year with your agenda so this is all you got. It is amazing how you have gotten very quiet with the prospects and signings all turning out solid. Your "he drafts poorly" agenda is looking even more uninformed than before...hilarious.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Q did not like Panik? That is why he played him so much?

Again the blaming of Q and creating false narratives is laughable. Weise was trash and your boy Stanley made mistake giving away Danault + 2nd for him and Flash.

Its so obvious that you don't have much to grab onto that is why you continually blame Q rather then acknowledge the mistakes of Stanley which have cost Hawks dearly in recent years

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Q did not like Panik? That is why he played him so much?

Q actually sat Panik quite often when he was playing well (he even sat for Mashinter). This is a fact. Q has now warmed to Panik and his game this season.

Again the blaming of Q and creating false narratives is laughable. Weise was trash and your boy Stanley made mistake giving away Danault + 2nd for him and Flash.

How have I blamed Q? You might not be smart enough to do this but blame can be spread across multiple parties, this is what my post does. Stan overpaid, DW/Flash did not play up to expectations, and Q failed to put together lines once the trade was made. These are all facts that you continue to ignore because Stan pissed your Lucky Charms or something.

ts so obvious that you don't have much to grab onto that is why you continually blame Q rather then acknowledge the mistakes of Stanley which have cost Hawks dearly in recent years

It is obvious to who? I post facts and logical thoughts most of the time support my claims. You post "theories" that are based on the mind of someone who doesn't understand most concepts that go into the game. I have asked you multiple times to explain theories and concepts but yet each time you ignore it and try and change the subject.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can we actually have a separate Weise/Fleischmann/2016 Trade Deadline thread and start a new "Hawks of Yesteryear" thread as well?

This Weise talk is like taking a shower with Comet.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It was said that Bowman wanted Hamhuis but Q wanted a LWer for JT? Wonder who would have won out had Benning not go full idiot.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Avalanche
Smith = no pts and a -2 in 4 games (2 goals + 1 assists for 3 pts in 24 games for Leafs this year as well)

Jets
Byfuglien = 4 goals + 17 assists for 21 pts in 33 games
Dano = 3 goals + 6 assists for 9 pts and a +1 in 23 games

Stars
Johns = 3 goals + 3 assists for 6 pts and -1 in 26 games
Oduya = 1 goal + 5 assists for 6 pts and +4 in 23 games
Sharp = 1 goal + 1 assist for 2 pts an da -7 in 11 games
Niemi = 6-10-3 with 2.85 GAA + .913 sv pct in 17 games

Blues
Hutton = 2-4-1 with 2.92 GAA + .889 sv pct in 9 games

Flames
Brouer = 7 goals + 8 assists for 15 pts and a -10 in 33 games
Frolik = 6 goals + 9 assists for 15 pts and a -1 in 33 games
Versteeg = 4 goals + 8 assists for 12 pts and a +4 in 21 games

Coyotes
Vrbata = 8 goals + 12 assists for 20 pts and a -8 in 31 games

Canucks
Skille = 3 goals + 1 assists for 4 pts and a -3 in 24 games

Flyers
Weise = 2 goals + 2 assists for 4 pts in 29 games

Hurricanes
Teravainen = 8 goals + 7 assists for 15 pts and a -2 in 31 games
Stalberg = 7 goals + 2 assists for 9 pts and a -3 in 30 games
Nordstrom = 3 goals + 4 assists for 7 pts and a -4 in 31 games
Dahlbeck = 1 goal + 2 assists for 3 pts in 9 games
Leighton = 2-1 with 3.53 GAA + .875 sv pct in 3 games

Islanders
Leddy = 4 goals + 9 assists for 13 pts and a -12 in 29 games
Ladd = 4 goals + 3 assists for 7 pts and a -7 in 30 games

Jackets
Saad = 9 goals + 14 assists for 23 pts and a +13 in 28 games

Penguins
Daley = 3 goals + 8 asists for 11 pts and a +6 in 31 games

Rangers
Hayes (K) = 11 goals + 12 assists for 23 pts and a +16 in 33 games
Pirri = 6 goals + 6 assists for 12 pts in 32 games
Clendening = 3 assists for 3 pts and a +3 in 8 games
Niemi = 8-2 with 1.69 GAA + .941 sv pct + 2 SO in 11 games

Bruins
Hayes (J) = 1 goal and a -7 in 27 games

Sens
Blunden = no pts in 1 game
Anderson = 12-6-1 with 2.46 GAA + .924 sv pct + 3 SO in 19 games

Habs
Shaw = 6 goals + 9 assists for 15 pts and a +12 in 29 games
Danault = 6 goals + 7 assists for 13 pts and a +2 in 31 games

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Didn't realize Sharp's numbers were so poor. Any particular explanation as to why?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I still get a feeling Sharp will retire a Hawk. His team stinks this year and he has been fighting concussion symptoms all season. Comes back on a one year mimimum deal if we end up having a spot

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Ah, that's right.... forgot about that concussion.

And he's 34 BWC, not 44.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
You could have said the same for Hossa last year, and look at him now.

I was worried about whether Hossa's shot/scoring would ever return but I didn't question the other parts of his game (skating, strength, checking) that make still make him a solid player without scoring. I don't watch the Stars enough to know if Sharp is just not converting or if he is not creating opportunities at all.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Its funny, I look at that list and the player I really want back is Frolik (other than Saad of course).

Kruger and Frolik we're by far the most annoying shutdown pair in the league. Just nasty anti-topline play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad