The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
That horse has been beat to death a million times. Go back and look at what I said about the Saad-Panarin trade...

This is you:

"I also think you can sign Saad for roughly this cap hit moving forward. With the impending McDavid/Drai/Matthews/Marner contracts that will be handed out, Panarin will probably be pulling in 8+. He wasn't going to be a Hawk after two years. Saad? Could be here for a decade.

I think we gave up the better player. I also think we took a step backward to take two forward."

There aint no forward steps in sight LMAOOOOOOO more like ten steps backwards LOL

Some of you here are funny

"I think we gave up the better player."

Well, uh, thanks for defending me?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Maybe I wasn’t as clear as I intended but my main point is that Panarin helps us significantly more in the regular season than Saad and that trade is one of, among the many reasons, this team fell to the bottom this year. Our best chance of getting that D-man we need is a top 10 pick and alls well that ends well if we do in fact get a good young D with the pick.
fair enuf. i stand corrected.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
"I think we gave up the better player."

Well, uh, thanks for defending me?

You can try to spin it how you want but you were saying taking a step backwards and 2 steps forward but those steps ain’t coming, this is a ten steps back move and Stan should be fired because of it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is BK in the trade thread

"This is a win-win for both teams. Saad is a perfect fit here and Columbus needed more scoring."

"Our lines will have sooooooo much more balance."

LOL oh how funny that looks now, I can keep going really

Nothing I said was wrong actually.

Saad and Panarin have the same amount of goals and that is with Saad slumping. Logically speaking Saad should rebound to being the 50-55 point player and AP will continue at his current pace. Saad 100% provides better balance because Schmaltz slots in to AP’s scoring along with Debrincat.

Thanks for confirming what I have said all along.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Nothing I said was wrong actually.

Saad and Panarin have the same amount of goals and that is with Saad slumping. Logically speaking Saad should rebound to being the 50-55 point player and AP will continue at his current pace. Saad 100% provides better balance because Schmaltz slots in to AP’s scoring along with Debrincat.

Thanks for confirming what I have said all along.

Win win for both reams LOOOOOL

That Kane-Panarin line was lethal and is missed big time.

If by more balanced you mean all the lines are all garbage now then sure you are right...

Reactions: akmuo33

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Win win for both reams LOOOOOL

That Kane-Panarin line was lethal and is missed big time.

If by more balanced you mean all the lines are all garbage now then sure you are right...

Teams*

The trade has not been great for either team.

I have explained this before but you can’t seem to grasp it. AP’s scoring has been replaced in full already by a cheaper and better defensive player in Schmaltz. Saad was brought in to be Hossa lite. Schmaltz’s scoring is replaced by Debrincat.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Teams*

The trade has not been great for either team.

I have explained this before but you can’t seem to grasp it. AP’s scoring has been replaced in full already by a cheaper and better defensive player in Schmaltz. Saad was brought in to be Hossa lite. Schmaltz’s scoring is replaced by Debrincat.

Replaced replaced replaced sure buddy keep telling yourself that, there is deficiency in scoring on this team, nothing was replaced so stop fooling yourself... You can’t say Shmaltz replaced Panarin as you could have Panarin along with Shmaltz, these two are unrelated. Panarin-Kane line was lethal, imagine Panarin-Shmaltz-Kane right now. The excuses and strange theories here make me want to puke...

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Replaced replaced replaced sure buddy keep telling yourself that, there is deficiency in scoring on this team, nothing was replaced so stop fooling yourself... You can’t say Shmaltz replaced Panarin as you could have Panarin along with Shmaltz, these two are unrelated. Panarin-Kane line was lethal, imagine Panarin-Shmaltz-Kane right now. The excuses and strange theories here make me want to puke...

Debrincat-Toews-Duclair
Hartman-Schmaltz-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Hinostroza

Would have been lethal.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Have you even looked at the numbers? Your response implies you have no idea that Schmaltz is scoring at the same rate as Panarin. If you have a replacement for one type of player on the system and you can trade the more expensive of the duplicate type player to replace a player where you don’t have a replacement (Hossa) you do it. Considering all the stats lined up when the trade was made it makes perfect sense. Hell according to you we traded for a superstar...

This is common sense life shit bud.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Have you even looked at the numbers? Your response implies you have no idea that Schmaltz is scoring at the same rate as Panarin. If you have a replacement for one type of player on the system and you can trade the more expensive of the duplicate type player to replace a player where you don’t have a replacement (Hossa) you do it. Considering all the stats lined up when the trade was made it makes perfect sense. Hell according to you we traded for a superstar...

This is common sense life **** bud.

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about, this team is missing two guys like Panarin to have a good forward group. Nothing has been replaced, you can’t replace Shamaltz as shmaltz was on the roster the year before and as he improved this improvement bettered the team and was not to replace other lost tallent, you don’t subtract players from the team, that’s not how you get better, also you can have two similar players on the same team, that’s not a bad thing, this team can use 3 more Panarins if they were available and the team would get soooo much better, all that happened was we gave up Panarin and got Saad back, don’t bring other players in the mix. BTW wasn’t everyone saying Shmaltz replaced TT? How many players is Shamlatz gonna replace exactly??? How long do you think this “cheap” Shmaltz is gonna last? He is due for a raise next year and that’s the end of that, it’s a race against time, guys like Panarin are supposed to be used with good young cheap guys for the team to contend, this guy is telling me Panarin was “replaced” while the team missed the playoffs... LMAO the absolute cluelessness hockey wise on these boards is amazing to say the least...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Dude you have no idea what you are talking about, this team is missing two guys like Panarin to have a good forward group. Nothing has been replaced, you can’t replace Shamaltz as shmaltz was on the roster the year before and he improved this improving the team and pushing the team forward, you don’t subtract players from the team, that’s not how you get better, also you can have two similar players on the same team, that’s not a bad thing, this team can use 3 more Panarins if they were available and the team would get soooo much better, all that happened was we gave up Panarin and got Saad back, don’t bring other players in the mix. BTW wasn’t everyone saying Shmaltz replaced TT? How many players is Shamlatz gonna replace exactly??? LMAO the absolute cluelessness hockey wise on these boards is amazing to say the least...

You truly are the most uninformed poster I have ever experienced.

Slotting, progression, and roster construction learn how they work then come back. This is not NHL on Xbox.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
You truly are the most uninformed poster I have ever experienced.

Slotting, progression, and roster construction learn how they work then come back. This is not NHL on Xbox.

Sorry I am not an expert in the "slotting" "progression" and "roster construction" like you and Stan are! Team is missing the playoffs btw so the replacement really worked!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sorry I am not an expert in the "slotting" "progression" and "roster construction" like you and Stan are! Team is missing the playoffs btw so the replacement really worked!

We are missing the playoffs because Crow got hurt and Q. Crawford is the goalie you claimed to be average at best...lol nice call.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Some things you just have to learn to accept. I've learned to accept that

1) There are people that are completely devoid of any kind of logic. Delusional, even. These people cannot be reasoned with. They are incapable of logical discussion, and only care about facts that support their opinion.
2) Some people just take pleasure in being contrary, pissing people off, and trolling, even if they don't believe what they are saying.
3) The world is full of really stupid people.

Life is so much less frustrating once you accept these things and disregard those above. :laugh:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
We are missing the playoffs because Crow got hurt and Q. Crawford is the goalie you claimed to be average at best...lol nice call.

See this is the problem with homer fans, they think their team is good even when its clearly not, this team is missing two first line players and 3 top 4 D-Men lol, Crawford is not the reason they missed the playoffs, even if Crawford was there and they would barely squeeze in they will be out in the first. Q was handed a bunch of washed out "veterans" and a couple rookies that obviously cant carry the team, Q can only do so much. Can Q tell Toews to start eating meat daily? Can the doctors convince him to with all the BS books telling you how becoming a soy boy is good for you? A coach that has coached the same group to cups and consecutive playoff appearances all the sudden sucks? I dont buy it. Stan is the real culprit here as he just destroyed this team these past 3 years and if you cant see you then you obviously dont understand simple logic, better players on the ice equates to winning, simple as that and Stan traded away great young players for nothing...

Reactions: BrianE

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I liked the Saad trade at time

In hindsight it has turned into disaster as Saad has been infected by Toewism

It wasn't the absolute disaster at first sight of such Bowman specials as the Rundblad move and Fleischman/Weiss deals

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianE

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
See this is the problem with homer fans, they think their team is good even when its clearly not, this team is missing two first line players and 3 top 4 D-Men lol, Crawford is not the reason they missed the playoffs, even if Crawford was there and they would barely squeeze in they will be out in the first. Q was handed a bunch of washed out "veterans" and a couple rookies that obviously cant carry the team, Q can only do so much. Can Q tell Toews to start eating meat daily? Can the doctors convince him to with all the BS books telling you how becoming a soy boy is good for you? A coach that has coached the same group to cups and consecutive playoff appearances all the sudden sucks? I dont buy it. Stan is the real culprit here as he just destroyed this team these past 3 years and if you cant see you then you obviously dont understand simple logic, better players on the ice equates to winning, simple as that and Stan traded away great young players for nothing...

I liked the Saad trade at time

In hindsight it has turned into disaster as Saad has been infected by Toewism

It was the absolute disaster at first sight of such Bowman specials as the Rundblad move and Fleischman/Weiss deals

This is why it's time for a new GM and nothing wrong with it. Lombardi out shortly after 2 cups after he did the same. Really is time for new blood.

I don't hate the guy, if he stays ok but really what does Q have to work with? Tired vets and AHL material, maybe half and more of this team needs to go this summer.

Reactions: Blackhawks

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If only Stan could see the future, then he could be as good a GM as BWC.

Didn't need to see into future to know that Seabrook extension , Rundblad trade and Flash/Weiss deal were mistakes moment they happened

This is Stanley's mess

He was one who promised "Major Changes" last offseason

Those changes have taken toll (Along with several other mistakes since 2015) to turn Hawks into a team on cusp of being a dumpster franchise once more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad