NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Wiggins is by no means a bad pick, but he's really slender. Forbes is around the same weight, and he got straight bullied last year.
yeah they need to get him into the weight room ASAP

was hoping for either dejean or wiggins so no complaints with the pick

Reactions: Romang67

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WFT has two picks early, they should be in position to get DeJean.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

confused-nerd-steve-brule-eixtr1f0qii8fthl.webp

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
What did I ever do to deserve this shit.

Only had 4 months to determine a no-brainer pick. But no....had to try to out-smart everyone in the room. What a complete crock of shit. This team sucks.
I've seen some very loose speculation that this means the tampering punishment is going to result in a lost 1st rounder, and this was a Hail Mary attempt at securing their QB position after Kirk is done in a couple of years since they then can't do it next year.

It's likely equally as unfounded as the idea that they drafted Penix so they can ransom him off to the Raiders since they just kinda don't have a QB.

Both ideas may still indicate more competence than the provided explanation, that drafting 6 year college starter Penix is an attempt to follow the Packers' example.

Reactions: sneakytitz

sneakytitz

Mar 8, 2023
Atlanta, GA, USA
may be one of the most puzzling picks in draft history

The best I can come up with is that the Falcons know they're going to lose draft picks over this tampering situation, maybe even a first rounder, so they figured they would take Penix Jr. now since they likely won't be in a spot to get a decent QB for a few years, especially if Kirk has us in the playoffs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like Arthur Blank had a heavy hand in this, which is always a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad