The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VI: RIP To Our Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If he moves most of the veterans this summer - if that happen we are looking for a (5-6) years rebuild for sure with our current defense core - I`ve even included Libor Hajek in that brief estimation and team evaluation. ;)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Spooner pacing for 59 and people are still going to tell you we should trade him for a 2nd and a B prospect.
Yes, I`m afraid he is too good too early scenario - we need to wait for our new prospects to compete properly just in case we draft elite talents in the next two years.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Digging through goaltending metrics just now.

Carey Price, uh....sucks?

Can I say that? I'm saying it.
He's having a trash season.

That contract. Plus Weber. Plus Alzner.

You want to be pessimistic about a team's future? Go to the Habs CapFriendly page.

Man, holy shit. He has the 8th highest xSv% and the 2nd worst GSAA holy f*** nuggets. (5v5 corsica)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

You want to be pessimistic about a team's future? Go to the Habs CapFriendly page.

Man, holy ****. He has the 8th highest xSv% and the 2nd worst GSAA holy **** nuggets.

Ok, so if you take out 14-15 when he was God, and this season in which he's been an IHL goalie, he's sporting a 22.35, good for 7th in the NHL.

Not a bad goalie, but he's making -without exaggeration- double what he's worth.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Not to mention shooting.

Watching how often Gilmour, Pionk, and even O'Gara fire the puck makes it clear that AV eventually coaches guys out of shooting, particularly defensemen.

Any attempt to bring in volume shooters -Stalberg, Pirri, Letteri, Shattenkirk to an extent- has been a disaster.

Shattenkirk had 5 goals the first month. He still has 5 goals. His iCF rates are tanking compared to career average.

True. I definitely don't discern AV as a coach who promotes volume shooting. Shattenkirk's individual numbers dropping drastically has to have some kind of correlation with the system. Obviously he was playing injured as well, but besides that.

Reactions: Ori and Machinehead

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
statboy Stevey Vals just called miller a great player on the pregame show. wonder if he legitmately believes it

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Man, holy ****. He has the 8th highest xSv% and the 2nd worst GSAA holy **** nuggets. (5v5 corsica)

They're legitimately Browns level bad.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If Price were on any team other than the Habs or Leafs he'd be seen as no better than Rask back in the day (and I assume this year, haven't checked) or Bobrovsky. He's with the Habs so he's OMG the bestest goalie of allll tiiiiiiime.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Did you miss the near 60 point pace or did you choose to ignore it.

I don't trust his production at all. Boston is the best possible team to be playing on as a soft playmaking winger. His career pace is like 13g/82 games. His production here so far 1g, 6a in 5 games has been just as likely as him having 0g, 1a in 5 games.

Boston was always trading him this offseason, and if they couldn't they weren't gonna qualify him bc they couldn't afford his 3M hold. There's a reason he got included for "free" in the Nash deal, it's because he was.

Like, he's fine-ish, but Zucc is a 60 pt. playmaking winger, and he's very, very obviously significantly better at hockey.

Reactions: Off Sides

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't trust his production at all. Boston is the best possible team to be playing on as a soft playmaking winger. His career pace is like 13g/82 games. His production here so far 1g, 6a in 5 games has been just as likely as him having 0g, 1a in 5 games.

The team that was using him as a third liner was the best possible destination? Hot take right there.

Boston was always trading him this offseason, and if they couldn't they weren't gonna qualify him bc they couldn't afford his 3M hold. There's a reason he got included for "free" in the Nash deal, it's because he was.

The reason is because Boston made an absolutely horrid deal. Even the main boards thought so.

Like, he's fine-ish, but Zucc is a 60 pt. playmaking winger, and he's very, very obviously significantly better at hockey.

Very, very obviously significantly better at hockey Zuccarello has a lower scoring rate over the last three seasons.

There's no reason at all to not like Spooner except you've decided he's "soft," whatever that means, after six viewings.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The team that was using him as a third liner was the best possible destination? Hot take right there.

The reason is because Boston made an absolutely horrid deal. Even the main boards thought so.

Very, very obviously significantly better at hockey Zuccarello has a lower scoring rate over the last three seasons.

There's no reason at all to not like Spooner except you've decided he's "soft," whatever that means, after six viewings.

Zuccarello is also going to be 32 to start the season of his next contract. He is not long for the Rangers.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Call me crazy, but honestly, I'm going to be slightly upset if the Rangers win the draft lottery. I'll get over it pretty quickly, I'm sure... but something about positive reinforcement for bad management just seems wrong.

Instead of being chastised for putting a bad team together, Gorton looks great for drafting Dahlin under his watch.

Just doesn't sit right.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad