The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VI: RIP To Our Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You can't ignore threads on HF anymore, right? For my own sanity, I need to ignore the spec thread. How can I do this because I don't have the willpower to do it alone.

Also: Shout out to the Maple Leafs, HFNYR's gold-standard of hockey-rebuilds, who are about to get first-rounded again. Feed me the hot takes about how AM34 isn't a gamebreaker.

^ Holy ****, there's an AM34 take in the around the nhl thread I am loooooooooooooosing it.
Along these same lines, I just talked about Messier and I need a hug :(

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Fun note about Jim Montgomery since I just sped through that Athletic article: Denver had a CF% of 58.1 this year. From the few times I’ve seen Denver this year, they played a relative simple, aggressive N-S game. Forecheck looked like a 2-1-2/2-3 hybrid and they skated pretty well in cohesion and 5-man units.

He’s apparently out of the Hitchcock school of coaching, so it makes sense that they play similarly. That type of style is basically how I want to play this year. Nothing fancy, just smart breakouts, 5-man attacks, and an aggressive N-S game that forechecks hard

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
@silverfish Carp wrote for the Athletic earlier this week that Gorton talked to Ruff and apparently they’re going to let the new coach decide if Ruff stays (pls no)

Peters is good, Calgary will be better next season

I’m fine with an “off brand” NCAA coach, depending on what your definition of off brand is

I dunno. If we are going to have a guy who has never coached in the NHL before as our HC, I would want someone with NHL experience as an assistant. I don't think that last season is an indictment of Ruff as much as it was AV (not that Ruff is blame free). I've always liked Lindy so maybe I am a bit biased.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Fun note about Jim Montgomery since I just sped through that Athletic article: Denver had a CF% of 58.1 this year. From the few times I’ve seen Denver this year, they played a relative simple, aggressive N-S game. Forecheck looked like a 2-1-2/2-3 hybrid and they skated pretty well in cohesion and 5-man units.

He’s apparently out of the Hitchcock school of coaching, so it makes sense that they play similarly. That type of style is basically how I want to play this year. Nothing fancy, just smart breakouts, 5-man attacks, and an aggressive N-S game that forechecks hard
Sounds great to me.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad