Post-Game Talk: The 2017-18 New Jersey Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Well, we *DID* have Stevens and Niedermayer as a pairing for years. I'd say those two LHD worked out pretty well :)

Did either of them switch sides in the middle of their career? Or come to a new team and switch sides? (Serious question, i don't know if Stevens was RD before he came here) And you're talking about Hall of Fame type guys. We are talking about John Carlson lol.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
couple Kings fans on the trade board agreed to a Severson + McLeod OR Zacha for Muzzin deal

if we did that and signed Carlson, I would be ecstatic

Muzzin-Carlson
Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Butcher
Lovejoy

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Did either of them switch sides in the middle of their career? Or come to a new team and switch sides? (Serious question, i don't know if Stevens was RD before he came here) And you're talking about Hall of Fame type guys. We are talking about John Carlson lol.
Not really sure, but when I google Scott Stevens and Capitals, the pics show him mainly on the left boards.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
couple Kings fans on the trade board agreed to a Severson + McLeod OR Zacha for Muzzin deal

Muzzin-Carlson
Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Butcher
Lovejoy

Hmm

I think I'd do Severson and McLeod for Muzzin. Of course only if we sign Carlson. Definitely an interesting proposal

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Muzzin-Carlson
Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Butcher
Lovejoy
oh my god, is that actually a trade proposal that actually... works for both sides?!?!

usually, those threads end up in "LOL the _________s would never do this! this is f***ing terrible!"

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Not really sure, but when I google Scott Stevens and Capitals, the pics show him mainly on the left boards.

Regardless it's a different time and he's a Hall of Famer. I am just saying it's not something that typically happens now without some hiccups. I'd rather explore trading for a bonafide top pairing LD. Obviously signing Carlson would be great but I'd still question the left side if he's dragging Andy Greene's corpse around all night.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I like Muzzin but his contract expires when Hall's, Vatanen's, Hischier's, Bratt's, Butcher's expires. So I wouldn't want to give up so many young pieces for a guy who is turning 30 next season and might not be a prime re-sign candidate when his contract expires if the Devils also have Carlson's contract on the team as well.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I like Muzzin but his contract expires when Hall's, Vatanen's, Hischier's, Bratt's, Butcher's expires. So I wouldn't want to give up so many young pieces for a guy who is turning 30 next season and might not be a prime re-sign candidate when his contract expires if the Devils also have Carlson's contract on the team as well.

Good point on extended outlay for compensation

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Muzzin-Carlson
Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Butcher
Lovejoy

I would not add anything substantial to Severson. Muzzin for Severson straight up would be a great get.

If LA wants Severson, his age and contract should balance out the value. They're getting the younger guy on a cheap long-term deal who also has potential to improve.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I would not add anything substantial to Severson. Muzzin for Severson straight up would be a great get.

If LA wants Severson, his age and contract should balance out the value. They're getting the younger guy on a cheap long-term deal who also has potential to improve.

theres no way the Kings would make that deal.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

you also subtract Severson's $4 million. Greene and Lovejoy are gone by then too, thats another ~$7.7 million

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Even that I'm skeptical of. NJ would have to be pretty down on Severson. Which, given he was a healthy playoff scratch they are to a pretty large extent, but they have to think that he is not going to improve with time. Muzzin is going to begin trending downwards, and as has been said, is a UFA in a couple years.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Even that I'm skeptical of. NJ would have to be pretty down on Severson. Which, given he was a healthy playoff scratch they are to a pretty large extent, but they have to think that he is not going to improve with time. Muzzin is going to begin trending downwards, and as has been said, is a UFA in a couple years.

you wouldn't trade Severson for Muzzin straight up?

You aren't serious, are you?

Born and Raised

Apr 22, 2018

Muzzin-Carlson
Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Butcher
Lovejoy
You add Muzzin AND Carlson but somehow that defense still looks bad. I think its Greene on the 2nd pair...

Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad