Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Toronto - Game 2 - Thursday

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
you think the Matthews era is over if we lose this series?
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the management team gets the boot and then AM says he wants to see how the new GM builds the team before committing to any deal. In that scenario you trade him to get something because chances are he walks if the new GM doesn't impress him. Also, if he doesn't play really well this series...I can see the team trading him instead of MM or Willy.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Lol.

None of them are bottom pairing. Rielly was good last night except for the pinch when it was 6-2. McCabe I thought was physical and ahowed jitters for playing his firat ever playoff game. Brodie was off but they are all legit top 4

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
It's like when Dominik Hasek was injured in 1999 and Buffalo won the series with a Dwayne Roloson. Never underestimate an opponent when they're hurting and never overestimate the Leafs ability to capitalize.
I wonder if these guys can play without having their "Oh Shit" meter go off. Seriously...if they think there is even a slight chance they won't have to try 100% they gladly take it...is hockey just harder for our team than others that they act that way?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Oh I 100% expect us to blow this opportunity, it's this core's MO

My feeling is there will be a big push back in Game 2, followed by a big let down in Game 3. Or hit rock bottom in Game 2, followed by an all-heart triumph in Game 3. But probably not 2 games where they're terrible or two games where they're good. Game 4 and 5 will be strong, win or lose. Game 6 and 7, if it's going the distance will probably revert to Game 1 jitters.

I'm learning lessons, just like the Leafs.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the management team gets the boot and then AM says he wants to see how the new GM builds the team before committing to any deal. In that scenario you trade him to get something because chances are he walks if the new GM doesn't impress him. Also, if he doesn't play really well this series...I can see the team trading him instead of MM or Willy.
From everything I have heard Matthews and Dubas have a very good relationship and if Dubas is gone, it might swing Matthews mind to go as well.

I will start worrying about it after they WIN THE CUP!! LOL

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Worst D-man to play for the Leafs in recent memory. Hell even Marincin was servicable. Gardiner would at least drive play and was solild on PP

Holl is a long d-man who SUCKS and continues to get TOI as if he is a top4 D. Sheldon keefe is a moron

Bunting has been terrible for the latter part of the season. He is really bad defensively, doesn't drive play and can't play heavy. He is a benefactor of playing matthews-marner/nylander.

trust me it is a blessing in disguise
I read your posts in Lewis Blacks voice and emphasis points.. so your capitalized words.. gold everytime :thumbu:

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
If Keefe is a good coach he will play the Us vs the world card. They are f***ing us over left right and centre so we take it out of their control and we own our own fate. That should be the speech.

Will this be the speech probably not

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if these guys can play without having their "Oh Shit" meter go off. Seriously...if they think there is even a slight chance they won't have to try 100% they gladly take it...is hockey just harder for our team than others that they act that way?

It feels like other teams psych themselves up to play Toronto by taking on the tough guy, blue collar spoiler role while the Leafs take the position of the talented front runners who are destined to win...

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Im honestly not so sure Acciari should be higher in the lineup than Lafferty. Lafferty brings a lot of speed and heaviness to the forecheck and I think he can help any line hes on. Acciari is a heavy player as well but lacks that speed.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Lol.

None of them are bottom pairing. Rielly was good last night except for the pinch when it was 6-2. McCabe I thought was physical and ahowed jitters for playing his firat ever playoff game. Brodie was off but they are all legit top 4
Fair enough. I might give you they are 2nd pairing guys but just.
:)

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I’m going to miss this game……..will be at London Knights game 5 but they usually announce scores at Leafs playoff games

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: