Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Toronto - Game 2 - Thursday

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
if new management is in fast and we are not doing any interim bs with freakin' i don't know nth time with cliff fletcher I'd be fine with it assuming new management can have time to get the best deal possible.

i really hope these jackasses find a way to go deep in the playoffs otherwise all of the scortched earth and what not would had been for nothing
Agreed 100%

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Are the Bruins now in state of utter hopelessness having gotten blown out in a home game and leaving town in a 1-1 series?

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I guess the Big dumb Booins are the shits and the entire state is going to fall into the ocean now that they lost big time at home to the lowly Cats ????
Just saying
Can’t wait
I’m addicted to this awful blue and white drug
It sucks , but I’m powerless

GLG
Glg
They tried to end two people, tried to fight 3 separate times, and almost had a full line brawl and they only had about 5 mins to do it. We had a full 20 and we did f*** all except show how weak we are physically and mentally.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Holl is really unfairly dumped on, is a way better defenseman than 90% of this board will ever give him credit for, and should probably play over Liljegren (and Schenn) in most games in these playoffs, but I'm not sure how you don't give Liljegren a shot after last night. If you don't do it at home after a loss, you're never going to.
I was happier to see Holl playing a more physical game of late but that first goal last night can’t happen and reminded me of how he just stood there in game 6 OT last year and allowed Point to jam it past Campbell. He plays way too timid in the playoffs. He needs to step up and toughen up or watch from the press box.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
One game in and we're already seeing drastic changes to the forwards. This is really where you see the difference in preparation. The Lightning had everything set for weeks, and were able to withstand multiple injuries to their defense like it was nothing because they're so structured. Meanwhile, Keefe has zero clue what to do with the lines because he went crazy with trying to experiment
The worst part is that he had two lines that were playing well (Jarnkrok, Matthews, Marner and Knies, ROR, Nylander) and one specific pair that wasn't (Nylander and Tavares) just before the playoffs started.

What does he do?

1) Break up both good lines until late in the first game, and play the worst pair together.

2) Restore the good first line (only by necessity) but make the second line even worse.

Other than him having been told to play JT as though he was actually worth his contract, or he has a major dislike of Willy, I see no reason for it.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
They tried to end two people, tried to fight 3 separate times, and almost had a full line brawl and they only had about 5 mins to do it. We had a full 20 and we did f*** all except show how weak we are physically and mentally.
Did you see how Tkachuk was hitting everything in sight ? Point and Kucherov play that way too. No Leaf star player has that in them.

Last edited:

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
HE STARTED THE O'REILLY LINE FOR THE 40TH TIME.

WHY DO PEOPLE JUST BLINDLY ASSUME THIS IS TRUE?
CE6DEBF1-9955-48AB-B3B7-AB12294F7F8A.jpeg

Pretty conclusive that he started

We went 2nd/4th (d-zone start)

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Keefe is pulling a serious Babcock with that Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander line. It's like the #1 combination that's bound to not give you any offense, but also be a complete liability in the defensive zone.

Kerfoot is to Keefe as Marleau was to Babcock. Just ineffective players that the coach can't get enough of.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Did you see how Tkachuk was hitting everything in sight ? Point and Kucherov play that way too. No Leaf star player has that in them.

What are you watching I wonder? Matthews has 62 hits in his last 15 playoff games and Kucherov has 45 hits in his last 47 playoff games.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
They would rather lose than embarrass themselves by admitting the Tavares signing was a mistake, by demoting him to the third line.

It wouldn't even be admitting it was a mistake, he was already a slow player who's just aging in an increasingly faster league. They really have nothing to lose and everything to gain but there's still no way he's playing on the 3rd line.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Keefe is pulling a serious Babcock with that Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander line. It's like the #1 combination that's bound to not give you any offense, but also be a complete liability in the defensive zone.

Kerfoot is to Keefe as Marleau was to Babcock. Just ineffective players that the coach can't get enough of.
But….but Swiss Army knife

I really think you have to go JT 3C, he provides the least in terms of production 5v5, but he’s good at grinding away, which should result in him having good fancy stats. Let him do that against third lines and hope he grabs his pp points

Let the top 2 lines, who actually gel together, do the heavy lifting 5v5

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
you think the Matthews era is over if we lose this series?
It is.

Matthews isn’t coming back at $15M AAV if they bow out in the first round again.

He’s better off in Arizona.

We aren't going to rebuild. If Matthews is traded, you get some big pieces back and keep going for it. It's still a good team without him. Not that I think they'll trade him.

they’re idiots if they don’t trade him. If he’s in his UFA season and he refuses to re sign for a discount then they must trade him. Similar to Tkachuk in Calgary.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
We will probably win game 2 and everyone will deem "everything is fine" but it's clear we are not fine
What are you watching I wonder? Matthews has 62 hits in his last 15 playoff games and Kucherov has 45 hits in his last 47 playoff games.
Kucherov is mean and dirty and will do anything to win. Matthews hits like a cream puff and won’t stand up for himself or his teammates. That’s where numbers are meaningless.Matthews is a great 200 foot player but he’s soft, just like Nylander, Marner, Tavares and Rielly. When the going gets tough, they disappear and that’s why they can never close out a series. They don’t have the mental or physical toughness to win big games.

Reactions: geo25 and Leterman

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
We’ll see tomorrow, but the way TB is playing Hedman’s status to me doesn’t sound good. I think he’s hurt fairly bad with I don’t know what. The little skate around at the start of the second to go right off again.. we have seen it a million times and it’s usually not good.

Only a guess.. I am wrong all the time, ask my wife.

Reactions: Leterman

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
And when the Wild game went out of reach they had 7 misconducts (I didn't watch, the Kings game resumed). Boston had 5 minutes, Wild had 7, we had 20.

Learning is hard

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kucherov is mean and dirty and will do anything to win. Matthews hits like a cream puff and won’t stand up for himself or his teammates. That’s where numbers are meaningless.Matthews is a great 200 foot player but he’s soft, just like Nylander, Marner, Tavares and Rielly. When the going gets tough, they disappear and that’s why they can never close out a series. They don’t have the mental or physical toughness to win big games.

You really think playing dirty is going to benefit this team in any way besides playing even more of the game shorthanded?

Also I think you're letting this past season where he's been playing hurt cloud your vision of Matthews, he's very far from a soft player who "hits like a cream puff" lol that's impossible to take seriously

Reactions: leafs in five

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
You really think playing dirty is going to benefit this team in any way besides playing even more of the game shorthanded?

Also I think you're letting this past season where he's been playing hurt cloud your vision of Matthews, he's very far from a soft player who "hits like a cream puff" lol that's impossible to take seriously
Playoff strategy is to make teams pay for winning when the game gets out of reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad