Oct 4, 2018
Time to move on to the next one.

Go Leafs Go!

Lines at practice.

Jarnkrok Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Knies ROR Accari
ZAR Kamph Lafferty

IMO, you have to run Samsonov out one more time.
I wouldn't run out Sammy .. he can't handle da pressure of playoff hokey .. never has never will .. might as well take a chance on Woll .. but either way if Tampa plays at SPEED of game 1 then it won't matter either way

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Happy we're moving to 3 scoring lines with a 34/91/90 all in the middle. Makes us much more difficult to line match.

Has there been any updates on Hedman/Cernak?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't run out Sammy .. he can't handle da pressure of playoff hokey .. never has never will .. might as well take a chance on Woll .. but either way if Tampa plays at SPEED of game 1 then it won't matter either way
I guess we'll find out. I know they brought Murray for the playoffs but the have to feel Samsonov could play as well if needed.

I'm a big Woll fan so I'd be happy if they gave him a run, I just don't expect it.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Holl is really unfairly dumped on, is a way better defenseman than 90% of this board will ever give him credit for, and should probably play over Liljegren (and Schenn) in most games in these playoffs, but I'm not sure how you don't give Liljegren a shot after last night. If you don't do it at home after a loss, you're never going to.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Time to move on to the next one.

Go Leafs Go!

Lines at practice.

Jarnkrok Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Knies ROR Accari
ZAR Kamph Lafferty

IMO, you have to run Samsonov out one more time.
Not a fan of keeping Marner and Matthews together when Tavares is the #2C. Especially when Nylander is the winger.

Jarnkrok Matthews Nylander
Lafferty
Tavares Marner
Knies ROR Accari
ZAR Kamph Kerfoot

Complete waste of 3.5m of cap space keeping Kerfoot around.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I guess we'll find out. I know they brought Murray for the playoffs but the have to feel Samsonov could play as well if needed.

I'm a big Woll fan so I'd be happy if they gave him a run, I just don't expect it.
If you could take Murrays brain and put it in Sammy's body you' have a hell of a tender .. Woll is inexperienced for sure .. but either way it comes down to can Tampa bring that speed and intensity for 3 more games

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
I really thought they'd win last night.
This game is pretty much a lock, IMO.
If the leafs lose tomorrow it’s a likely sweep 🧹 for Tampa. The bolts are very mediocre on the road this year(they were 18-22-4 in the regular season), but they were elite at home (tampa had the second best home record in the nhl during the regular season , just behind the 1st overall bruins( 28-8-5 record at home, very dominant)

stealing both games in Toronto and going home with a 2-0 Lead, would firmly put them in control of the series. I don’t see the leafs winning all 3 games at Tampa. It will be a very very difficult task to do and I don’t trust this core to do it.

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Tavares-RoR-Nylander worked pretty well, so of course they're broken up. The defense was a mess, so of course they're going with the same. It's not like Tampa was relying on an inexperienced defense group all game and handled the Leafs comfortably

Reactions: BayStBullies

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Holl and Gio together mixed in with the forward group of Oreilly, Tavares was awful trying to get out of the zone and subsequent backchecking. Too slow with Hagel and Point going up against them.

Seemed to be a theme with our other mixes too.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
I really like those practice lines, kind of what I wanted even with Bunting in the lineup. Maybe Lily in for Holl/Schenn. Not sure what the best move in d would be. I didn’t think either Holl or Schenn were good last night.
Hope next game has more 5 on 5 play as I’d like to see more out of Matthews and Marner. Would also REALLY like to see the luck bounce our way for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad