Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Toronto - Game 2 - Thursday

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
you think the Matthews era is over if we lose this series?
Well changes will have to be drastic. I don't know if Matthews stays if we are in rebuild mode. Might have to trade him or lose him to free agency. Or he stays long term and we shuffle the other pieces around.

Reactions: Leterman

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Man Corey Perry has a chance to go 3-0 vs Toronto, after Dubas elected to sign Joe Thornton and Wayne Simmonds and Jimmy Vesey over him after he went to the finals in Dallas. You can't even write this kind of fiction if you tried.
Sure you can. There is an entire Marvel universe of fiction. The are huge libraries of fiction. There is the fiction on Hockey's Future board. it is easy to write fiction like that.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Well changes will have to be drastic. I don't know if Matthews stays if we are in rebuild mode. Might have to trade him or lose him to free agency. Or he stays long term and we shuffle the other pieces around.
I don’t think they will do a rebuild but certainly a retool. Most likely management will be changed out first then new management will move at least 2 of the expensive 4.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
We aren't going to rebuild. If Matthews is traded, you get some big pieces back and keep going for it. It's still a good team without him. Not that I think they'll trade him.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don’t think they will do a rebuild but certainly a retool. Most likely management will be changed out first then new management will move at least 2 of the expensive 4.

matthews, marner, nylander NTCs kick in july 1st; and Tavares has a full NMC/NTC

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The series is 1-0. People are acting like it's over lol.

We won game 1 last year and still lost the series. Shit happens. If we lose tomorrow then yeah I'll be more worried but even then it's not over.
Exactly, we lost Game 1 to Montreal and then won the the next three.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
True but they can trade them around the draft time

if new management is in fast and we are not doing any interim bs with freakin' i don't know nth time with cliff fletcher I'd be fine with it assuming new management can have time to get the best deal possible.

i really hope these jackasses find a way to go deep in the playoffs otherwise all of the scortched earth and what not would had been for nothing

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
If the Leafs lose again in round 1 everyone should be on the table but the two main guys should be Tavares and Reilly.
As has been said 10000 times in the past, they both have a full NMC. Rielly can be traded in 6 years and Tavares will be done in 2 more.

Reactions: ACC1224

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Lot of Yentas on this board.
Give your nuts a tug kids. It's also childish to worry about your love leaving you for better pastures.
Either enjoy the fruits of success of your team or take the hit of disappointment in their failure. Screaming in terror of their potential loss is unseemly. Face the future like a grownup.
Just stop talking about what happens beyond the games ahead. It's weak

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Im honestly not so sure Acciari should be higher in the lineup than Lafferty. Lafferty brings a lot of speed and heaviness to the forecheck and I think he can help any line hes on. Acciari is a heavy player as well but lacks that speed.

I don't get how all of their sandpaper disappeared in Game 1. They may as well have been any Joe 4th Liner over the past 6-7 years.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
My feeling is there will be a big push back in Game 2, followed by a big let down in Game 3. Or hit rock bottom in Game 2, followed by an all-heart triumph in Game 3. But probably not 2 games where they're terrible or two games where they're good. Game 4 and 5 will be strong, win or lose. Game 6 and 7, if it's going the distance will probably revert to Game 1 jitters.

I'm learning lessons, just like the Leafs.
Year 7 of this core and they are still learning how to play in the playoffs.

Reactions: Leterman

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I don't get how all of their sandpaper disappeared in Game 1. They may as well have been any Joe 4th Liner over the past 6-7 years.
Acciari has been a let down ever since his adrenaline filled first 2 weeks. Looks more like the 0 point playoff version that the Panthers had no desire to keep.

I don't remember Acciari being a factor in the Series we lost to the Bruins either. I never sat there thinking oh no, work horse Acciari is going to give us trouble. I don't see that changing for other teams now that he's on the wrong end of his prime. Dubas has turned out to be a fraud with this whole money puck thing.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
True but they can trade them around the draft time. Except Tavares of course.
The sad part is the Tavares contract is what sent us down this path of futility
Futility? Man, this is far from futility. We’ve done futility and this ain’t it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad