Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Toronto - Game 2 - Thursday

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
No, I think they would too. But maybe not quite as badly had that Bunting hit not happened. We'll see, but I think prioritizing goals scored + goals prevented over injuring the other team is our best bet.
It's the playoffs. Rats like Perry would do that just like what he did to JT two years ago.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Empty words at his point.
Same with all the "they care deeply" bs from Dubas
Show it

And he always goes back to JT and Nylander - despite the fact they've never clicked
If nothing gets going, I wouldnt be surprised that line getting the hook mid game.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
You really think playing dirty is going to benefit this team in any way besides playing even more of the game shorthanded?

Also I think you're letting this past season where he's been playing hurt cloud your vision of Matthews, he's very far from a soft player who "hits like a cream puff" lol that's impossible to take seriously.
Yes, doing anything to win and intimidating your opponent / taking their will to win away is what winning teams do in the playoffs. When it comes to physical confrontations it is well known throughout the league that Matthews will not stick up for himself or his teammates. There are way too many examples of him just smiling and having his teammates fighting his battles for him.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Are the Bruins now in state of utter hopelessness having gotten blown out in a home game and leaving town in a 1-1 series?
Depends on how they feel in the room. Do they have the experience and track record to draw off of to make adjustments? They take one of Game #3 or #4 and they regain home ice advantage.

Reactions: ACC1224

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yes, doing anything to win and intimidating your opponent / taking their will to win away is what winning teams do in the playoffs. When it comes to physical confrontations it is well known throughout the league that Matthews will not stick up for himself or his teammates. There are way too many examples of him just smiling and having his teammates fighting his battles for him.

I saw it happen once. There are way too many people who blow that out of proportion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad