Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season Pt. 2

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I understand that realistically a cup is harder to win than ever and with 32 NHL teams, we already all have likely seen more cups than we should have this lifetime, I genuinely would be surprised if we didn't win one in the next decade. Yzerman is creating something very, VERY, impressive.

not without a Center he isn't

building a Nashville team at best right now, we'll see if that changes

Reactions: taliababa

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
not without a Center he isn't

building a Nashville team at best right now, we'll see if that changes

O'Reilly
Bozak
B.Schenn

You can win without super-centers.

Also Hawks had many teams not that strong from the middle. More of Kane or Teräväinen providing skill from the Wing.

Toews
Handzus
Anisimov/B.Richards
etc.

This Center thing is just too overhyped problem. Many winner are build around Centers, yeah. But 100% of them aren't.

If you are strong at wings and defence, you'll win that way. Salary cap makes restrictions, you can't build a perfect team. Team with best Centers like Edmonton, is weak on other areas. Salaries and underpayments and cap circumvention mostly determines the winner.

Currently Yzerman in building superior Cap situation for Red Wings - something special we have never seen in NHL - and our Cup window could be as near at last years of Raymond and Seider ELCs. that's 2024.

His Yzerplan is something we have never seen. Short-term contracts way.

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
O'Reilly
Bozak
B.Schenn

Also Hawks had many teams not that strong from the middle. More of Kane or Teräväinen providing skill from the Wing.

Toews
Handzus
Anisimov/B.Richards
etc.

This Center thing is just too overhyped problem. Many winner are build around Centers, yeah. But 100% of them aren't.

If you are strong at wings and defence, you'll win that way. Salary cap makes restrictions, you can't build a perfect team. Team with best Centers like Edmonton, is weak on other areas. Salaries and underpayments and cap circumvention mostly determines the winner.

Currently Yzerman in building superior Cap situation for Red Wings - something special we have never seen in NHL - and our Cup window could be as near at last years of Raymond and Seider ELCs. that's 2024.

IIRC, the 2013 Hawks had Toews followed by a one-legged Handzus and Dave Bolland as their top 3 centers.. So Basically you need Larkin to be more dominant both ways and a whole lot of nothing after that, with the Dmen and wings making up for that (Seider,Raymond,Edvinsson could be those pieces)

Reactions: golffuul

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
IIRC, the 2013 Hawks had Toews followed by a one-legged Handzus and Dave Bolland as their top 3 centers.. So Basically you need Larkin to be more dominant both ways and a whole lot of nothing after that, with the Dmen and wings making up for that (Seider,Raymond,Edvinsson could be those pieces)
Toews was a top 3-10 C during that time so Larkin would definitely need to step his game up

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
O'Reilly
Bozak
B.Schenn

Toews
Handzus
Anisimov/B.Richards
etc.

St. Louis is the outlier, being strong down the middle is incredibly important to winning the cup. Binnington played above his head that playoff run, and O’Reilly is insane defensively, neck and neck with Bergeron as best in the league.

I love Larkin, but unless you have someone else just as good behind him it is tough to see a cup winning roster, would need everything else to go perfect. Not likely to happen.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
St. Louis is the outlier, being strong down the middle is incredibly important to winning the cup. Binnington played above his head that playoff run, and O’Reilly is insane defensively, neck and neck with Bergeron as best in the league.

It's a WINNER, not any kind of lie.

Lies are all the non-winners with those perfect Center-duos.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
It's a WINNER, not any kind of lie.

Lies are all the non-winners with those perfect Center-duos.

I said outlier, not a lie. Assuming English is your second language outlier basically means they are the exception to the rule, which the Blues as a cup winner most certainly are.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I'll be happy to be wrong on this one, and I bet so will the other guys. He really didn't show anything until this season, if this is his breakout season then that's great for the team.
- Edvinsson
- Al Jo
- Wallinder

It'll be the Swedish invasion on LHD in a couple of seasons, lol. This team really needs to start picking some centers, absolutely loaded with D prospects.

I'm happy to be wrong about any prospect I rate low, no doubt. And while I'm glad Wallinder is having a good start to the season, it doesn't change my outlook for him in a significant way... yet. It's a small sample size.

Meanwhile, I still really like Sebrango's game, especially as a 5/6 guy (as opposed to Wallinder in that role), I'm still high on AlJo, and then of course there is Edvinsson. Difficult for me to pencil in Wallinder on the future D corps. Best case for him is if he truly clicks and AlJo slips, and it's Wallinder who slides into that 2nd-pair LHD spot.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm happy to be wrong about any prospect I rate low, no doubt. And while I'm glad Wallinder is having a good start to the season, it doesn't change my outlook for him in a significant way... yet. It's a small sample size.

Meanwhile, I still really like Sebrango's game, especially as a 5/6 guy (as opposed to Wallinder in that role), I'm still high on AlJo, and then of course there is Edvinsson. Difficult for me to pencil in Wallinder on the future D corps. Best case for him is if he truly clicks and AlJo slips, and it's Wallinder who slides into that 2nd-pair LHD spot.
Agree on all points, but Sebrango is gonna have to bulk up to play his game in the NHL. He needs to work out with Joey while Joey is still in the AHL.

It'll all sort itself out in a couple of years, I'm just wondering what Stevie is gonna do in the meantime. Edvinsson might be ready next season, but it's asking a lot for a 19 YO to play in the NHL, he doesn't have that year in the AHL like Seider had coming in.

Reactions: jaster

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
I think the world and his wife know we need a higher ceiling center to be a real challenger, but it makes sense to focus on C after D unless the C falls into your lap, given usual development timescales. The next two drafts are deeper at forward, so even without wining the lottery, there is some quality to be had

Oct 18, 2006
The thought of us getting a Hedman clone at 6 is crazy to me. On top of Seider and Raymond. Next we just need that center, and we have a real core to build around.
We have so much cap space, we are in a position to throw money at a young top-end centre.

Reactions: BSHH

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Tomorrow u20 Sweden vs Russia. Russians usually putting their games on YouTube live stream. Wallinder and Edvinsson are playing, also some next year drafty . Should pay attention on Yurov #25, possible our first round pick

Reactions: deca guard

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
Tomorrow u20 Sweden vs Russia. Russians usually putting their games on YouTube live stream. Wallinder and Edvinsson are playing, also some next year drafty . Should pay attention on Yurov #25, possible our first round pick
What time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad