Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
If Rempe sits I think it’s more likely to be for Brodzinski. I don’t see a need to change the top 9 for now, and Chytil hasn’t played a game since November. Why throw him in there

I get the "he may be rusty" angle but there's just as much of a chance that he's FRESH, and it's a spark.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Kakko came back from injury after not playing in awhile and had a lot of jump. Looked fresh early. I don't know why Chytil can't do the same. Plus, if it doesn't work out, you put Wennberg back on line 3, Chytil goes to 4 and you don't play him in the 4th so it wouldn't change anything.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
He’s fighting it. Tough look that Laf scored a goal on the ice with Wennberg and Cuylle. Hope he finds it because we’re gonna need him
Really? I think he's been fine. Also pretty established at this point that Laf is the better player between the two of them, so not surprising.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Really? I think he's been fine. Also pretty established at this point that Laf is the better player between the two of them, so not surprising.

I like Kakko he’s just not noticeable at all. Cuylle has struggled too but he’s noticeable on the forecheck at least

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I like Kakko he’s just not noticeable at all. Cuylle has struggled too but he’s noticeable on the forecheck at least
Bottom line is we will need guys in the bottom 6 but especially the 3rd line to start helping out occasionally. This isnt bashing anyone. Just being realistic about the road to a cup. Some people get upset when I say we need the 3rd line to help produce occasionally. Getting upset at that is weird imo. Did anyone get upset when Pouliet-Brass-Zooks were our 3rd line producing? If they produce they will get more minutes as well which will help our top 6 stay fresher. If the 3rd line produces it will help their own confidence as well. 😊

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
We need the 3rd line to score. We also need the 3rd line to not let the other team score. They did that even though they were often against Guentzel and Aho. They got the Ovi line a lot in round 1 too. If they can stop the opposing team top 6, we really DON'T need them to score for them to be helping the team enormously.

Would be great if they scored though.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I thought Game 2 was his worst game in a while. Got better in the OTs, but he had some funky mishandles and giveaways that were uncharacteristic of him. Wasnt as sharp as usual

Its hard to get momentum with all of the kills and PPs. He only got 11 minutes of ice time in a double OT game and was off for long stretches. He averages around 11 for a regulation game. He'll be fine.

Reactions: Kords and JCProdigy

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
He's playing too light on his feet right now. He needs to dig in to the ice and be a pain in the ass along the boards.

It's clear that what he wants his game to be and what his game can actually be at the NHL level are 2 different things. He wants to play a fast rush game but he's simply not fast enough and can't handle the puck well enough at speed for that. He needs to slow the game down, get below the goal line and grind down the other teams bottom pair

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Should go watch his goals. Many came from going to the middle and the net. Will went to the net some last night. Keep pushing play towards the middle and the net. A puck will find its way in eventually.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
He and Fil started to look great together halfway through the 2nd and into the 3rd.

Big goal from that line tonight, LFG !

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
If he improved his skating, would he have a better chance on the Zib-Kreider line?

Seems like the bromance needs more of an energy/plug type. ros looks good but he shouldn’t be on the team next year unless dirt cheap.

Honestly wheels started to look good but grandpa shouldn’t be here next year.

Also oooo shit maybe Otter gets a try? Imagine if he soars in that role? Talk about major potential upgrade if it works.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Seems like the bromance needs more of an energy/plug type. ros looks good but he shouldn’t be on the team next year unless dirt cheap.

Honestly wheels started to look good but grandpa shouldn’t be here next year.

Also oooo shit maybe Otter gets a try? Imagine if he soars in that role? Talk about major potential upgrade if it works.
Brett Berard is the perfect linemate for them moving forward.

Reactions: Rongomania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad