Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season Pt. 2

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Maybe you shouldn’t be trying to label 19 year olds as busts.
It’s not like anyone was being mean or harsh about it, some of you guys need to get off your high horses. I’ve been following Wings prospects for over 10 years. For a guy that was nearly a first rounder, 6 points in 43 games in SHL-2 is pretty underwhelming for an offensive defenseman. But I was really disappointed when he didn’t make Rogle out of camp and was sent to U20 just a few months ago. I’m glad he is turning things around

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Any one seeing the similarities with Tage Thompson (by whom I'm getting more and more impressed with)?
I’m a huge Tage fan, the guy is a monster, I would be very happy with that. It’s really tough to find any NHL comparable, he is pretty unique

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
i never watch buffy so saw tage first time last nite . it was like frankenstein bulldozing through poor tiny human beings .
i instantly gave him a very high ranking

It helps when playing against Hronek.

That said, TT has really improved. The guy he reminds me of is former NHLer Taylor Pyatt. I think he rounds out into a solid 2nd/3rd line tweener. I think that Soderblom’s hands and shot are already better though.

Reactions: Preposterone

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
It helps when playing against Hronek.

That said, TT has really improved. The guy he reminds me of is former NHLer Taylor Pyatt. I think he rounds out into a solid 2nd/3rd line tweener. I think that Soderblom’s hands and shot are already better though.
It should be noted that Thompson has a missile of a one timer. He/Buffalo haven’t quite figured out how to make it work on the PP at this level yet, but it’s there

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
I’m a huge Tage fan, the guy is a monster, I would be very happy with that. It’s really tough to find any NHL comparable, he is pretty unique
I think Soderblom is a comparable, but not yet a NHL:er of course. It looks like he has grown out of his giraffishness this year. Takes a long time to grow into a frame like that. This is what Soderblom needs to work on as well, but I think given time he will get there. Made great stride this year, too.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It should be noted that Thompson has a missile of a one timer. He/Buffalo haven’t quite figured out how to make it work on the PP at this level yet, but it’s there

That has quite bad accuracy. He should be used net-front for easier goals. One-timers whiffs off all the time.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
It’s not like anyone was being mean or harsh about it, some of you guys need to get off your high horses. I’ve been following Wings prospects for over 10 years. For a guy that was nearly a first rounder, 6 points in 43 games in SHL-2 is pretty underwhelming for an offensive defenseman. But I was really disappointed when he didn’t make Rogle out of camp and was sent to U20 just a few months ago. I’m glad he is turning things around

High horse? Because I suggested that you don't label a 19 year old second rounder a bust?

giphy.gif

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
High horse? Because I suggested that you don't label a 19 year old second rounder a bust?

giphy.gif

Lol seriously.... people are on their high horses because they said a 2nd rounder who has played one season post draft isnt a bust? One weird covid year and hes labelled a horrible pick but people who said be patient are on a high horse? Laughable

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I just went through a handful of the prospect voting threads and couldn't find anyone hating on Wallinder. He's a big defenseman drafted in the 2nd round who had a rough D+1. The board ranked him just behind a big defenseman drafted in the 2nd round in his D+2 and a big defenseman drafted in the 2nd round this year.

Everyone acknowledged he had a high ceiling and low floor. This year he's trending a little more towards the high ceiling. Yay. No one was hating on him unnecessarily.

Reactions: r0bert8841

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I know Wallinder is mobile and has offensive chops, but for those who have seem him recently, how is his defensive game? I assume raw like the rest of his game, but is it likely a weakness going forward or has he been decent defensively this year also?

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I know Wallinder is mobile and has offensive chops, but for those who have seem him recently, how is his defensive game? I assume raw like the rest of his game, but is it likely a weakness going forward or has he been decent defensively this year also?
Not sure red wings fans watching him just look at his stats. Will be interesting to watch him for another reason, Marco Kasper, we might draft him ,who knows. Kasper is a center , but playing wing with Rogle, has near identical numbers as Raymond had

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Edvinsson will be our "raymond" of Defence, -1 year after the draft -as 19-year old - straight to NHL defence.
Johansson will be our "berggren" of Defence, -3 years after the draft -as 21 year old - goes to AHL.

Wallinder could be something like Johansson, comes one year behind.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not sure red wings fans watching him just look at his stats. Will be interesting to watch him for another reason, Marco Kasper, we might draft him ,who knows. Kasper is a center , but playing wing with Rogle, has near identical numbers as Raymond had

I've been watching Rogle whenever I can and I am really, really liking that Marco Kasper kid. The numbers only tell a part of the story.

Marco is really responsible defensively for such a young player. His skating isn't elite level but he's quick enough and the guy hustles like LFGD to get the puck out of the corners. He's also strong in front of the net and has scored off a few deflections. AND Marco's got a bullet of a shot.

I think the guy I'd compare him to as a prospect right now is Anton Lundell or Joel Eriksson-Ek; Nothing individually wows you about their games (aside from the +shot) but the pieces all put together look like a player that is greater than the sum of their parts. I'm hoping that Detroit finds a way to get that kid.

Reactions: RRhoads and lilidk

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
There are still dicey moments but I think he's much improved. What I saw from him last season and at the WJSS he had a big issue trying to be too aggressive and ending up getting out of position. That doesn't seem to happen much, if at all, lately.
Seems like Rögle has done a good job making him simplify his game defensively while allowing him freedom offensively and it's paying off.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3