Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season Pt. 2

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
“I was sick, really sick,” says Edvinsson, who doesn’t want to go into detail as to what exactly happened to him.

But he says it wasn’t the coronavirus.

“No, it was other stuff. But I’m fine now.”

What a mysterious organization, the Wings. This is like the X-Files. If Yzerman starts chainsmoking in a really ominous way, we need to start watching the skies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I just went through a handful of the prospect voting threads and couldn't find anyone hating on Wallinder. He's a big defenseman drafted in the 2nd round who had a rough D+1. The board ranked him just behind a big defenseman drafted in the 2nd round in his D+2 and a big defenseman drafted in the 2nd round this year.

Everyone acknowledged he had a high ceiling and low floor. This year he's trending a little more towards the high ceiling. Yay. No one was hating on him unnecessarily.

must not have looked very hard

Sebrango

Hot take: Tuomisto and Wallinder will never play a game in Detroit.

I don't understand why Wallinder got so many votes to begin with. I've got Sebrango over Wallinder, Wallinder could very well bust.

At least I can understand why people have Viro over Sebrango.

Wallinder is worse prospect we ever draft under Yzerman, almost first round pick

Wallinder has more upside, but we're getting to the point where we should be seeing *some* improvement...

Honestly, if you look at McIsaac's resume and then Wallinders....

I don't know where do you see first line defenseman. Elmer might going to play 100 NHL games , while Wallinder never going to make it. I watched 2 games last year with Wallinder and wasn't impressed at all

From the albeit limited viewing I've seen of both, I agree with the above. Wallinder screams all tools no toolbox to me whereas Soder continues to produce and show sparks in very limited role. Also with Soder being as huge as he is there have been many examples of players his size being late bloomers. Both are boom/ bust guys, but from what I've read/seen it really didn't seem like Wallinder really developed much last year, where Soder was clearly making improvements. I hope they both make it as if they hit their upper limits both will be fantastic NHLers because they have solid tools, but right now of our D prospects Wallinder and McIssac are the two guys I feel like have the highest likelyhood of fizzling out and going nowhere.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Seems like lilidk hates him.

Other people ranked other 2nd round defenseman (Tuomisto, McIsaac, Buium) or well-performing 3rd round defenseman (Viro, Sebrango) in the same ballpark or slightly ahead of him while he was performing poorly. All seems pretty fair to me

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'll be happy to be wrong on this one, and I bet so will the other guys. He really didn't show anything until this season, if this is his breakout season then that's great for the team.
- Edvinsson
- Al Jo
- Wallinder

It'll be the Swedish invasion on LHD in a couple of seasons, lol. This team really needs to start picking some centers, absolutely loaded with D prospects.

Reactions: David D and lilidk

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I wanted Wallinder right where we picked him. Bob McKenzie had him ranked 14th overall I believe. I’d still take him there

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

I mean I still stand by this statement. He is probably the most boom/bust guy we have on our D. With that said I'm glad he is putting it together so far this year. He and McIssac are still the top round guys, I feel like are least likely to make the NHL. I'm not against the pick though, if it hits you might get a 1st pair dman.

Reactions: jaster

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Once we took a winger at 4, I was fine taking Wallinder where we got him. We needed to invest in a LD and i think he had the highest ceiling left.
That said, his development thus far hasn't been all that impressive and he's slipped a bit for me.

But this year - 3-5-8 in 16 games is solid.

Reactions: David D

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

Detroit Red Wings 2021 first-round pick Simon Edvinsson is already playing to rave reviews at the U-20 Four Nations Tournament. He posted two assists in Sweden’s 5-0 opening win against the Czech Republic.

A source, with ties to the Swedish team, told Detroit Hockey Now that Edvinssson “was a monster” in the game.
“He looks better than Rasmus Dahlin did at the same age,” the source said. “He has the same offensive game and is much stronger.”

Edvinsson is a full-service defenseman. He plays physical, is mindful of his defensive play and carries the puck with authority.
“You have to go back to Victor Hedman to find a comparable Swedish D-man, aged 18,” the source said. “The Red Wings have a gem in Simon.”

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
So does the SHL season end earlier than the NHL season again? Is there a chance we see some of these kids on the roster at the end of the season?

Reactions: David D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad