Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season Pt. 2

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Just trade Zadina now and bring Elmer over. He is looking superb this year.
No need to trade Zadina...he can just move down to the 3rd line and force Gagner/Rowney to not be brought back. Zadina would make for a really good middle-6 forward, currently.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
No need to trade Zadina...he can just move down to the 3rd line and force Gagner/Rowney to not be brought back. Zadina would make for a really good middle-6 forward, currently.
I think we just need to realize that the quality of that 2018 draft isn't nearly as high as some would like and that most of the forwards, aside from Svechnikov and Tkachuk are more likely middle 6 forwards on good teams. Especially when you look at that talent in that draft and wonder where all the first rounders went off to. I think maybe Sharangovich and Farabee are the only other forwards, drafted below Zadina, that have had any amount of production. So thinking Zadina is less of a top-line sniper and more of a middle-6 forward who has 15+ goal potential and plays a good 2-way game should temper the expectations, because no other team is probably even asking about Zadina except to fleece him from us or as part of a package deal. We're still better off waiting and see what we have with him, especially since his cost to us will be pretty low for the next 2-3 years.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

But that will be Niederbach's spot on 3rd line RW. :sarcasm:
(Also at this point I'm not at all opposed to keeping Erne long term.)

Honestly, with the progression of our kids and available free agents everyone on the current 2nd line (that's healthy) are completely expendable assets. Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond are giving Detroit some insulation and a good model to base their 2nd line on.

Soderblom can carry the puck into the zone but is not your main zone entry guy and you want him to be the piano puller down low. Give him a playmaker and puck transporter like Berggren to get the puck into the zone. Now all they need is a strong 2-way center and you've got yourself a pretty good 2nd line. Maybe that's Veleno, LDN, a trade or the 2022 1st round draftee.

Soderblom is scoring in ways that translate to scoring in the NHL; a few beautiful snipes with a powerful wrist shot, sure, but most importantly he's scoring from within 10 feet of the net or closer. Right place right time. Not shy about going into the dirty areas. Smart about slipping coverage.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
But that will be Niederbach's spot on 3rd line RW. :sarcasm:
(Also at this point I'm not at all opposed to keeping Erne long term.)

Honestly, with the progression of our kids and available free agents everyone on the current 2nd line (that's healthy) are completely expendable assets. Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond are giving Detroit some insulation and a good model to base their 2nd line on.

Soderblom can carry the puck into the zone but is not your main zone entry guy and you want him to be the piano puller down low. Give him a playmaker and puck transporter like Berggren to get the puck into the zone. Now all they need is a strong 2-way center and you've got yourself a pretty good 2nd line. Maybe that's Veleno, LDN, a trade or the 2022 1st round draftee.

Soderblom is scoring in ways that translate to scoring in the NHL; a few beautiful snipes with a powerful wrist shot, sure, but most importantly he's scoring from within 10 feet of the net or closer. Right place right time. Not shy about going into the dirty areas. Smart about slipping coverage.
I totally agree. I think guys like Berggren, Soderblom, and potentially Niederbach will really help anchor our top 9. I think guys like Fabbri/Zadina/Hronek will be trade bait once the new "wave" of players makes their way on the main roster. But I'm not opposed to holding on to them until the kids are here. I'm sure Yzerman has a whole whack of different scenarios, but I also think there's not a lot of teams willing to part with players that we need in order to take on the aforementioned players. We'd have to find a Mantha/Vrana type of situation, I think, for those kinds of deals to work for us.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I totally agree. I think guys like Berggren, Soderblom, and potentially Niederbach will really help anchor our top 9. I think guys like Fabbri/Zadina/Hronek will be trade bait once the new "wave" of players makes their way on the main roster. But I'm not opposed to holding on to them until the kids are here. I'm sure Yzerman has a whole whack of different scenarios, but I also think there's not a lot of teams willing to part with players that we need in order to take on the aforementioned players. We'd have to find a Mantha/Vrana type of situation, I think, for those kinds of deals to work for us.

There's always a GM looking for a bargain. Always a GM looking to make a trade to improve their lower lineup depth. The good news is we have the right GM to make these trades without getting fleeced.

If we are able to package 2 players for 1 better player I'm not mad about it right now because of how much depth we have coming in.

Reactions: golffuul and Henkka

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
There's always a GM looking for a bargain. Always a GM looking to make a trade to improve their lower lineup depth. The good news is we have the right GM to make these trades without getting fleeced.

If we are able to package 2 players for 1 better player I'm not mad about it right now because of how much depth we have coming in.
Agreed.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I'd say 50/50 he plays center in the NHL.

For cases like this or even Zetterberg's for that matter, how do we really determine whether or not we have a future center if we were to only watch their SHL games? Mainly skating ability and overall hockey IQ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad