Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Would be a good time to break up the first line to see if it results in more balanced scoring preparing for London, just a thought

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Would be a good time to break up the first line to see if it results in more balanced scoring preparing for London, just a thought
Dreams are nice... With McCallum out i'd like to see them experiment with something like this

Musty - Dvorsky - Walton
Goyette - Delic - Konyen
Taylor - Villneuve - Pharand
Yearwood - Larmand - Coughlan

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Another one bites the dust. For better or for worse, Ken MacKenzie is the guy for this year. They're high in the standings, despite the woeful special teams, they're not going to make a coaching move this year.

The most potential this team has had in a long time, no pressure Ken...

Muskyslayer

Aug 29, 2023
I wouldnt mind seeing who belongs here late season. Put Pharand on the hot seat he either steps or shows he is ready to be moved out?

Musty - Dvorsky - Pharand
Delic - Goyette - Walton
Coughlin - Villenueve - Konyen
Taylor - Larmand - Yearwood

cub

Apr 11, 2012

Another one bites the dust. For better or for worse, Ken MacKenzie is the guy for this year. They're high in the standings, despite the woeful special teams, they're not going to make a coaching move this year.

I thought Kuwabara did a good job with what he had to work with. Niagara is a mess of organization they need to get some stability. I'm sure Kuwabara will get a coaching job somewhere else if he maintains to coach in the OHL.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I thought Kuwabara did a good job with what he had to work with. Niagara is a mess of organization they need to get some stability. I'm sure Kuwabara will get a coaching job somewhere else if he maintains to coach in the OHL.
Coaches definitely cannot be blamed in Niagara, train wreck of an organization who are somehow worse then us in the Burgess days.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Coaches definitely cannot be blamed in Niagara, train wreck of an organization who are somehow worse then us in the Burgess days.
Which is a ridiculous level to drop too!

Can he run a power-play? because if he can, we have room for him!!

Its something I'm sure the Sudbury Brass are having daily dialouge about. Who do they move out as most teams will want a younger piece back.

I can only think that players such as Larmand, McCallum if they are looking to improve the OA spot up front will be included in a package with a younger player along with picks. Or they are dealt in the near future for our GM to add more picks to his bank for a bigger move closer to the dead line.

As for other players that I believe our GM will have available to make deals to get other pieces are;

Pharand
Coughlan
Yearwood
Bruce
Horgan
O'Dell
Konyen
Krawchuk
Gaulton
Taylor
DiGiantomasso
Mauro
Pryce
Hage
I hope we don't move on from Chucky. Vondras is almost 20 so I can't imagine he'll be around for much longer.

Chucky has proven to be a serviceable goalie who will only improve with playing time

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire
Listening to the Erie PBP guys talk about how good the Wolves powerplay is. Are they lost? haha. Enjoy them outside of that, fun enthusiasm you don't hear much in the OHL.
I was just thinking about this myself. These two guys seem to love the sport. Makes the game so much more entertaining to watch.

Can't help but notice a file box opening up every now and then on the broadcast lol

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Listening to the Erie PBP guys talk about how good the Wolves powerplay is. Are they lost? haha. Enjoy them outside of that, fun enthusiasm you don't hear much in the OHL.
My have found our PP solution by default. Delic and Dvorsky is a nice combo. DD on the PP

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Which team is looking for a goalie who never cracked an .891 SV% until this year? Certainly don't Sudbury or North bay.

Really happy to see the chemistry between Delic and Goyette again. They need to keep those two together imo.
Everybody has chemistry when playing with Goyette he’s just been our most productive player the last three years playing with anyone lolll

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Which team is looking for a goalie who never cracked an .891 SV% until this year? Certainly don't Sudbury or North bay.

Really happy to see the chemistry between Delic and Goyette again. They need to keep those two together imo

Another night where Vondras is keeping us in this game. Great game by the netminder.

My bad

YIKES.
With 2 stoppable goals and an overtime shot that he sees all the way. Who is looking for a Goalie who has not had a save percent over 891 till this year? Erie sure was. He won this game against a better team.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
With 2 stoppable goals and an overtime shot that he sees all the way. Who is looking for a Goalie who has not had a save percent over 891 till this year? Erie sure was. He won this game against a better team.
second goal off Dvorsky skate, third goal tipped off Deangelis stick. OT goal he had a good look, maybe should have had it, but clean accurate shot. Vondras did not lose that game for the Wolves, that third period must have been worst by the Wolves this season, totally gassed.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
second goal off Dvorsky skate, third goal tipped off Deangelis stick. OT goal he had a good look, maybe should have had it, but clean accurate shot. Vondras did not lose that game for the Wolves, that third period must have been worst by the Wolves this season, totally gassed.
Didn't help being down 3 not dressed. Mauro unplayable. Taylor not much ice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad