Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
McCallum can't graduate soon enough or trade him to Siberia.

Goyette to start shooting more. Forget the tick tack toe stuff
Goyette needs to shoot and pass more, he's too often skating the puck directly at a defender and trying to beat plays 1 on 2-3, rather then trying to find open space.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Guess Larmand will play another few games while McCallum serves his newest suspension. Both brothers got 5 and a game tonight. No lack of cement between the ears in that family.
Brayden McCallum did not deserve his 5 minute major. He barely touched him. It was a bad call by the referee.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Walton continues to impress me especially how creative he has become in the offensive zone. I think he needs to be given some PP time with the big line. The kid is on his way. Picked up two points in limited ice time as the Wolves were short handed often.

WJ

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Regardless, the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Took them too lightly imo. They'll be better tomorrow night
Once it got to 3-1, everyone thought it was goal night. No high forward in OZ lead to too many odd man rushes. The game I watched in the second half wasn’t the Defensive System they Play so well when good team struggle to get over 20 shots in 60mins. Be disciplined now and stick to the system you know and capitalize on other team’s mistakes. Better get commit now to Defensive side of the puck now before the games get tougher! Nice win but don’t feel good about it. Zero doubts on Vondras and Chucky!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Walton continues to impress me especially how creative he has become in the offensive zone. I think he needs to be given some PP time with the big line. The kid is on his way. Picked up two points in limited ice time as the Wolves were short handed often.

WJ

He's going to be an important piece for this team come the playoffs. Only getting better and better with his size and skill set. Of the players that could be in play on other teams being sellers for trades, there's no one good enough to even consider trading a guy like Walton for (even Beck). IMO Wolves will have to give a long hard look at making a strong upgrade on one of McCallum or Konyen for the 2nd line (if not both).

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
He's going to be an important piece for this team come the playoffs. Only getting better and better with his size and skill set. Of the players that could be in play on other teams being sellers for trades, there's no one good enough to even consider trading a guy like Walton for (even Beck). IMO Wolves will have to give a long hard look at making a strong upgrade on one of McCallum or Konyen for the 2nd line (if not both).
Its something I'm sure the Sudbury Brass are having daily dialouge about. Who do they move out as most teams will want a younger piece back.

I can only think that players such as Larmand, McCallum if they are looking to improve the OA spot up front will be included in a package with a younger player along with picks. Or they are dealt in the near future for our GM to add more picks to his bank for a bigger move closer to the dead line.

As for other players that I believe our GM will have available to make deals to get other pieces are;

Pharand
Coughlan
Yearwood
Bruce
Horgan
O'Dell
Konyen
Krawchuk
Gaulton
Taylor
DiGiantomasso
Mauro
Pryce
Hage

Off the table will include;

Walton
Villeneuve
Protz
Goyette
Musty
Delic
Dvorsky
Vondras
Toure
Anania
Mania
Collins
DeAngelis

Then of course picks. I think he would use at least 3 2nds and , 4 3 rds, among some 4ths and later picks to combine in the one or two deals he is looking to make.

WJ

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Its something I'm sure the Sudbury Brass are having daily dialouge about. Who do they move out as most teams will want a younger piece back.

I can only think that players such as Larmand, McCallum if they are looking to improve the OA spot up front will be included in a package with a younger player along with picks. Or they are dealt in the near future for our GM to add more picks to his bank for a bigger move closer to the dead line.

As for other players that I believe our GM will have available to make deals to get other pieces are;

Pharand
Coughlan
Yearwood
Bruce
Horgan
O'Dell
Konyen
Krawchuk
Gaulton
Taylor
DiGiantomasso
Mauro
Pryce
Hage

Off the table will include;

Walton
Villeneuve
Protz
Goyette
Musty
Delic
Dvorsky
Vondras
Toure
Anania
Mania
Collins
DeAngelis

Then of course picks. I think he would use at least 3 2nds and , 4 3 rds, among some 4ths and later picks to combine in the one or two deals he is looking to make.

WJ
Who are your targets Wolfman?

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
I'm done with McCallum, absolute clown.
We need to unload McCallum. If we hang onto him past the OA/trade deadlines he will cost this team dearly.
We were up 5-1 in a game that was all but over, and he pulls a dumb move. Wait until the playoffs and he will be goaded into another suspension
Its only a matter of time before he crosses the line again and will be gone from the league.
He's proven time and again that he either cannot control himself or does not listen to the warnings that I'm sure he's told from the coaching/management staff

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
We need to unload McCallum. If we hang onto him past the OA/trade deadlines he will cost this team dearly.
We were up 5-1 in a game that was all but over, and he pulls a dumb move. Wait until the playoffs and he will be goaded into another suspension
Its only a matter of time before he crosses the line again and will be gone from the league.
He's proven time and again that he either cannot control himself or does not listen to the warnings that I'm sure he's told from the coaching/management staff

If DMac sending him to the showers during a pivotal playoff game on the road last season doesn't get the message thru or sink in for McCallum, I'm not sure anything ever will. Bonehead and stupidity all relate to Landon. He doesn't learn and never will it seems. Upgrade him and his OA spot

Reactions: djscooter

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
My target is a hiring a coach who can run an ohl power play with nhl drafted players on it.
I will bet the farm that would be the absolute best way to bring a championship to Sudbury.

Could be wrong, but last time I remember the Wolves having the best PP in the league was with Trent Cull in 2011. The year we upset and swept No.2 seed Ottawa in the 1st round.

Reactions: cub

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
A couple decent point streaks are underway on the team

Points in 8 straight for Musty, in 7 straight for Dvorsky.

Tonight is a good chance to figure out the PP, Erie has the league worst PK.

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES

Muskyslayer

Aug 29, 2023

Would hope to see a game where we only give up a single PP and we get 4 to get this rolling! I would also hope to see the big line play more frequent and shorter shifts. The lines behind them get limited time to gel together as Musty and Goyette eat up the full line swap. Until we need that late 3rd period goal to win or tie, I dont see why we are allowing 2+ minute shifts and lazy back checks.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023

Knowing us we’ll go 0/5 on the powerplay and lose the game 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad