Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
Didn’t you say in the past that Delic was our best player I’m lost here loll
If the only reason for wanting Pharand to play on the top lines is cause he’s a local it’s not good enough. He’s shown the last 2 games he can’t keep up with Dvorsky and Goyette.

Reactions: Habs0101

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Uninspired hockey on display. Did they even get one good shot on net. Nobody playing with pace. Hamilton played last night as well. There is really no excuse. Disappointing to see this kind of effort regardless there is some illness around the team. Someone should step up in others absence but it seems everyone checked out already.

I really don't like the bench management today as well. First PP unit on for almost the entire two minutes. 3rd game in 3 and the message should be short shift from the drop of the puck. Wolves had no control of the play. No forecheck and no support for the puck carrier going into the offensive zone. One guy isn't going to cut it. Its too easy to defend.

WJ

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Uninspired hockey on display. Did they even get one good shot on net. Nobody playing with pace. Hamilton played last night as well. There is really no excuse. Disappointing to see this kind of effort regardless there is some illness around the team. Someone should step up in others absence but it seems everyone checked out already.

I really don't like the bench management today as well. First PP unit on for almost the entire two minutes. 3rd game in 3 and the message should be short shift from the drop of the puck. Wolves had no control of the play. No forecheck and no support for the puck carrier going into the offensive zone. One guy isn't going to cut it. Its too easy to defend.

WJ
Couldn't agree more. Their not the 1st to play 3 in 3. I've seen other teams show up in game 3. No excuses. Hope Papineau had pen and paper making notes

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021

WJ
3 games in 48 hours on the road and one game in the States you don’t find this normal ? Lol What a stupid tweet Seriously…

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
3 games in 48 hours on the road and one game in the States you don’t find this normal ? Lol What a stupid tweet Seriously…
Really all three games I have been unimpressed with the effort. They can’t handle the puck they can’t make passes on the tape and they have been giving up way too many odd man rushes. PP sucks. And they have had really no control of all three games except one period in Niagara and Erie.

Watch the games!!! The Soo will blow us out Wednesday they continue to play that way.

Hamilton could have hung a sock in the net today. To be no honest I think this team is out of shape. They have no endurance.

WJ

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Something about Goyette game I'm not liking this season. Can't seem to handle the puck well at times. Loses it easily, and goes into traffic unnecessarily. He will be back next year , perhaps along with musty imo

Really all three games I have been unimpressed with the effort. They can’t handle the puck they can’t make passes on the tape and they have been giving up way too many odd man rushes.

Watch the games!!!

WJ
The defensive end has not been good eithr. Not moving pucks up ice etc. The dmen need to be better.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Lardis is having a solid audition for Team Canada, at least for the diving team. For an elite skater, I've never seen someone with such an inability to stay upright.

Sadly, this is probably the worst performance the Wolves have had all year. MacKenzie has 0 control over the bench as well; players have 0 respect for him at this point.

Krawchuk has given up as well, did not even attempt to make a save.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I'm shocked that Sean Reid is losing control of yet another OHL game. One of the many guys who needs to be removed from the league.

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Lardis is having a solid audition for Team Canada, at least for the diving team. For an elite skater, I've never seen someone with such an inability to stay upright.

Sadly, this is probably the worst performance the Wolves have had all year. MacKenzie has 0 control over the bench as well; players have 0 respect for him at this point.

Krawchuk has given up as well, did not even attempt to make a save.
We have no coaching!
Sleepy Joe getting by with talent of first line. As soon as an adjustment in lines are needed, hes lost. Said it before, we are wasting this year without a quality coach. Hope Zullich and Paps wake up but i doubt it

Reactions: Pucks Deep

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
When has a GM fired an assist GM. Soon as they put a couple wins together everyone will be back on the Paps, Kmac bandwagon.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

cub

Apr 11, 2012
My take on the game, they were gassed playing 3 games in 2 days in half. They were gassed also yesterday game in the third. Not sure if a flu bug is affecting the team on this road trip. Missing starters doesn't help.

To me Mauro is not a good fit to play 4th line minutes, I would like to see Di Giantommaso and see what he has to offer. I'm not clear on the reason they sign Horgan, or he is now an affiliate. I didn't see much of him in these three games but what I did see he is very green. Ryan Pryce what is the status on him?

In today's game 4 shots in the second and 7 shots in the third, made it an easy afternoon for Brantford.

PP still a big disappointment with weapons we have, I think one of the issues not having a D that is smart in quarterbacking the PP, Anania tries but he doesn't have that factor on keeping the opposition PK on their toes or sucking them in and dishing it off. I think this is where we miss Mania the most. I shared the Tampa PP on here hoping someone from Wolves staff see's it . :)

I thought Krawchuk looked good most of the game, especially the early part of the game. I think the guys in front of him, let him down. I would have like him to use a poke check on the PS.

Need other guys to contribute in scoring when top line is getting shut down. Be nice to have our full line up at some point this season.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
When has a GM fired an assist GM. Soon as they put a couple wins together everyone will be back on the Paps, Kmac bandwagon.
Who’s ever been in the Kmac bandwagon? They could win the next 5 and I’d still think he should go.

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Very uninspired game. Hate the 3 in 3 excuse. Every team has to do it. Sleepy Ken needs to have his team inspired and ready for games. They def missed the players that were out today. Like them or not. Lines were def in a blender and didn’t work at all. Hope to get a full lineup soon. What do us armchair GM’s say the lineup looks like if fully healthy.

Also didn’t think that game was Chuckys fault at all.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
For god sakes Dario, fire the coach…
One must remember that Duncanason is still on the payroll. KMac won't go anywhere. Maybe see if there is a assistant out there that might have more experience that could possibly slide in to the head coaching job next year. I often wonder if the two assistants we have currently are helping enough. Too bad the Wolves went this way after Derek left. They had the chance to bring in someone else who the players might relate to better. No offence to KMac but he is just to far removed from that role. At this point I think the some players are running the show and I won't mention any names but I tend to think this isn't the best leadership group. Just a thought on reading body language, length of shifts, lack of energy and hustle. My hope a few changes are made to change the culture around this team.We need a few guy with some post season experience because none of our guys currently in the line up don't know what it takes to get to a deep playoff run.

I personally think they need to bring a solid OA up front. Look for new homes for Larmand and possibly McCallum. Bring another experienced Dman and solid 19 year old winger.

WJ

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
KM can possibly reurn upstairs when a new coach is hired, if that's what they want to do. . The leadership was picked very quickly however probably the players they go with anyway. They need a coach that has more pedigree at this point. You have musty and Goyette (the two big names) but you also need to let they know this is a team game and I'm the boss. Basically a coach they can all buy into and respect

Time to move on from konyen, McCallum, Larmand and maybe more.
Konyen hasnt really progressed imo from year 1. Seems like a nice kid tho. My guy Delic maybe isn't as safe as I'd like, someone might ask him to be part of a deal.

The D can use another add. Goaltending, is probably what you see,is what you will get. Unless they move Chuck to get someone to challenge the Euro goaltender in the crease.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
At the end of the day, if the Wolves can't have playoff success with this years roster. Fold the team, they'll never be a winner. Talent on the ice is not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca