Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
At the end of the day, if the Wolves can't have playoff success with this years roster. Fold the team, they'll never be a winner. Talent on the ice is not a problem.
Definitely have the pieces but some very bad habits are not being addressed and we need some change of personnel. Energy just isn’t there. Can’t just win on talent. Other aspects need to be there too. Some dead weight need to go.

WJ

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Keep blaming the top guys you’re all sad people… you either blame the bad coaching or the players not both. Everybody was blaming the players in Kitchener and this year with almost the same roster suddenly everybody is praising those players because the’re well coached. PP was shit last year and now its rolling. You guys make a bad fanbase really. Its all about having a system that appkys to your team. That team is coached poorly. 1980’s are over.

Reactions: TheRailBird2

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Keep blaming the top guys you’re all sad people… you either blame the bad coaching or the players not both. Everybody was blaming the players in Kitchener and this year with almost the same roster suddenly everybody is praising those players because the’re well coached. PP was shit last year and now its rolling. You guys make a bad fanbase really. Its all about having a system that appkys to your team. That team is coached poorly. 1980’s are over.
You honestly believe that this group will win with a new coach. You're blind and sadly mistaken. The word is out some arrogance exists on this team. Some players are not team first players. You will not WIN a round like Windsor last season. Take my word for it and stop personally attacking people who like yourself are simply writing their opinion. What makes you so right???

WJ

Duke of Wellington

Apr 16, 2019
It's a collective effort. All the way from ownership, gm, coaches and all players to establish a team first mentality. I am definitely not in the room to know what transpires amongst the leadership group in this organization or how accountability is enforced. As an armchair quarterback I can only speculate. When a leadership group continues to extend shifts on a nightly basis and then have nothing in the tank during the final game of a 3 and 3, continue to take undisciplined penalties that impacts the team or a continuous underwhelming pp then these are definitely red flags . Is this a coaching issue or an issue of too much control for players, agents and parents. Either way it's definitely not a recipe for success. One thing for certain this is definitely a talented group of players with a tonne of potential. Hopefully if needed the right moves will be made to foster a team first mentality and the right structure for a deep run in the playoffs. Proud to be part of such a passionate fan base. Go Wolves Go.

Last edited:

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
You honestly believe that this group will win with a new coach. You're blind and sadly mistaken. The word is out some arrogance exists on this team. Some players are not team first players. You will not WIN a round like Windsor last season. Take my word for it and stop personally attacking people who like yourself are simply writing their opinion. What makes you so right???

WJ
I don’t attack teen players. Well coached we don’t need that many changes. As far as selfishness I see guys not passing the puck or staying too long but that’s all coaching.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I want Kmack to succeed as much as the next fan but I’d like to hear examples from anyone who thinks the team is well coached right now.
Not sure who is responsible for the defensive side of things but I’ll give the staff the nod there.
Now for some criticism. The team hasn’t started several games on time, oddly enough mostly at home.
As far as offense I don’t always see a structured game, especially as it relates to the top line. I often see individual players that try to go through the entire team resulting in sloppy plays and turnovers, not to mention being predictable. The worst example of this is the powerplay. Who if not the coaches are responsible for this? I watch any other teams PP on the pack and they all appear better than the Wolves, often way better. How is this possible given the talent on the ice? Pharand on the top line doesn’t make sense to me. Dvorsky on the point on the pp doesn’t make sense to me and it goes on. As mentioned I wonder about the leadership group and who is really running the show.
It takes a very good coach to manage a team with so much talent in terms of keeping egos in check and encouraging team play over stats. Not convinced we have that. I watch s team like Kitchener and there’s no way in hell we’re at that level. At least at this point anyway.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Your right about Kitchener ONLY this year with a new coach. Last year it was the same exact thing as the Wolves now. Same players…

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Your right about Kitchener ONLY this year with a new coach. Last year it was the same exact thing as the Wolves now. Same players…
Not quite they are without Pinelli, Arcuri, Valalde, Moore, Constanti so may show you that they had some issues with egos as well. There was some speculation about that. Your comparison does not hold much water.

WJ

• Haha
Reactions: WeThe North

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Not quite they are without Pinelli, Arcuri, Valalde, Moore, Constanti so may show you that they had some issues with egos as well. There was some speculation about that. Your comparison does not hold much water.

WJ
You repeat the same thing over and over all of you without any proof od what happens in the room. So much that you start beliving your own crap as if it became a fact. They hired a top coach everybody bought in plain simple. I watched them play

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
You repeat the same thing over and over all of you without any proof od what happens in the room. So much that you start beliving your own crap as if it became a fact. They hired a top coach everybody bought in plain simple. I watched them play
The Pete’s board last year were calling to dump Wilson as the team was struggling. Wolves were going to beat them first round blah blah blah and lo and behold the Pete’s lead by Wilson who everyone wanted to turf him on his head got them to the Mem Cup! Not too shabby. KMac gets Paps to get the right adds to his line up then maybe just maybe they will get there. As of today not a chance in hell with some of these selfish individuals.

WJ

Last edited:

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
I wish ! There’s deliusional people here. Its not even funny lol read all your comments you keep trash talking players its just sad

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Can you please post the absolute dog shit backcheck because it wasn’t on tv. We didn’t see what happened when Sova and Goyette we’re tangled up. We’re you in Erie maybe you could explain better ? Or was it once again the usual shitting on Goyette without having seen anything ?
As far as Vondras I like his game but playing in Erie after a solid game Thursday on the road on a 3 games in 3 nights doesn’t seem like a smart coaching decision. Unless Chuck is sick too of course.
The game was literally streamed online. Just because you don't understand games are streamed on the internet does not mean they are impossible to watch.

Goyette and Sova got tangled in the corner. Both got back up, Sova skated like hell to get back into the play, Goyette did not. It's pretty simple. Even on the highlights, you can see Sova getting back into the play full stride, and Goyette floating back into the zone.

You have to be related to Goyette at this point. Half your posts in this thread are about how Goyette is the best player on the team, when the reality is he's likely the worst player on his line when playing with Musty and Dvorsky.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
The game was literally streamed online. Just because you don't understand games are stream on the internet does not mean they impossible to watch.

Goyette and Sova got tangled in the corner. Both got back up, Sova skated like hell to get back into the play, Goyette did not. It's pretty simple.

You have to be related to Goyette at this point. Half your posts in this thread are about how Goyette is the best player on the team, when the reality is he's likely the worst player on his line when playing with Musty and Dvorsky.
Fact is Seattle can’t be impressed. Wright and Goyette same draft yikes!!!

WJ

Reactions: I Loveallsports

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
I like him he’s skilled and you guys all shit on him its terrible. All I read about since I mentioned I like his hockey skills from all of you is how bad he is. You have zero respect for the kid. I like to mention you guys look like idiots its too much. Almost seems unreal. Haters will hate I guess

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Nice.

WJ was not wrong about coach Wilson. He is not thought of as highly as Hunter, Cameron, Richmond, Jussi, …. but he did eventually get a total buy-in to defense all the time by the most skilled top six in the league, and won a championship.
He is the most underrated coach currently in the OHL. Players want to come to Peterborough to play for him. Connor Lockhart and Brennan Othmann being to two. I think he is as good of a coach as the coaches you listed. He proved it last year when he out coached both Dave Cameron and Dale Hunter in the playoffs last season.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I like him he’s skilled and you guys all shit on him its terrible. All I read about since I mentioned I like his hockey skills from all of you is how bad he is. You have zero respect for the kid. I like to mention you guys look like idiots its too much. Almost seems unreal. Haters will hate I guess
Ah yes, on your high horse, as someone who does not have a dozen+ posts calling Delic bad, or bashing Konyen.

• Haha
Reactions: howlman

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Ah yes, on your high horse, as someone who does not have a dozen+ posts calling Delic bad, or bashing Konyen.
Get me one quote. I said multiple times Delic is a key piece on this team. On a Memorial cup team I’d love him to be either second line winger or third line center !!! See ? You believe your own stories

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Get me one quote. I said multiple times Delic is a key piece on this team. On a Memorial cup team I’d love him to be either second line winger or third line center !!! See ? You believe your own stories

Delic is a turnover machine but you love his energy. He needs to keep things simple that’s why top players want to play with top players. To be able to bring it every game.

I like our new D he showed he likes to play with his head high… Promising

You have to be kidding me loll Musty made at least 10 turnovers tonight pkaying selfish he couldn’t keep up with his other two linemates.Delic and Konyen are a mess too

Do you know why all the top smaller player play center in the NHL ? Because its a game of speed agility and stop and starts. Delic is brutal this year at center because nobody told him what stop and starts are. He wheels all the time and it makes his line vulnerable… Have you played hockey ? It helps understand where to slot players. I wrote last year that on a winning team Delic is either 2nd line winger or third line center. It’s looking that way more and more and its fine. That’s where he belongs.

But yeah, calling Delic brutal is different then calling him bad to be fair. Second in team scoring despite being a third-line center talent and playing with another "mess" in Konyen. Real shame.

So it's fair to criticize Musty, Delic, Konyen based on these posts. But it's not alright to call out lackluster play of the guy with the C on his jersey.

There's a reason Goyette looked his best with Delic and Konyen on his line. They allowed him to play to his strength, they let him use his playmaking, and his shot to create chances. They got the puck to him consistently and made it so he did not have to worry about his own play without the puck.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Goyette is way better than what he is playing like this year. No denying the kid has skill. But for some reason he is playing like crap and that’s why people have mentioned his name on here because we know what he is capable of especially since he had proven it before he was drafted. Kid needs a reality check maybe a sit down with the folks from Seattle or be held more accountable by the coaching staff for his lacklustre play. I’m don’t care if he gets three points a game he needs to learn other parts of the game to help the team and those around him better. Heck he is on the top unit with all the ice time he wants but at some point he has to understand he needs to play with a lot more urgency, pace and more effort defensively. That line should be causing fits all game in the offensive zone every game. He has been way too easy to defend imo.

WJ

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
We don’t see the same things I didn’t trash talk the players you guys can like who you want but it started last year with the hate. Matter of fact since I said I like him. I find he’s an elite passer always looking for any player that plays with him. Goyette Walton Delic aren’t selfish with the puck to me. Some guys look like they play for the name in the back more than the logo and never ever pass the puck on 2 on 1’s or make everybody brake at the blue line . That’s what I see… But this is all on coaching. As far as defence goes its kind of hard to take your comments seriously when he’s the best forward with a good margin in plus and minuses.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
We don’t see the same things I didn’t trash talk the players you guys can like who you want but it started last year with the hate. Matter of fact since I said I like him. I find he’s an elite passer always looking for any player that plays with him. Goyette Walton Delic aren’t selfish with the puck to me. Some guys look like they play for the name in the back more than the logo and never ever pass the puck on 2 on 1’s or make everybody brake at the blue line . That’s what I see… But this is all on coaching. As far as defence goes its kind of hard to take your comments seriously when he’s the best forward with a good margin in plus and minuses.
I think +/- is a pretty worthless stat, but regardless, on a per-game basis, Musty and Dvorsky both have a better +/- than Goyette. I can definitely agree with you though, that more problems then not are because of the dinosaur coaching the team. Sadly I don't forsee them fixing that problem. It's on the players to out play the coaching they're being given, which is unfair to them.

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I think +/- is a pretty worthless stat, but regardless, on a per-game basis, Musty and Dvorsky both have a better +/- than Goyette. I can definitely agree with you though, that more problems then not are because of the dinosaur coaching the team.
Possibly could be a big issue for Paps when he pulls the trigger on another deal and puts all his faith in KMac to get the job done.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
no other coach is coming, unless the team goes into a serious slump. On the coaching side, Mackenzie hasn't been bad that he is a detriment to the team. Wolves have beaten most of the top teams this season Petes, Missy, North Bay. He remains positive and seems to respect his players. PP definitely like I said before on here needs a major overall and that's on him and his coaching staff.

I would like when you critique players have something to back it up like stats.,skating, positional play, checking, puck controll etc. Too many on here loosely criticize without anything intelligent to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln