Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Did not say he lost the game, he sure didn’t win it, Gaudreau did.

you must be a Leaf fan you said he should had 2nd and 3rd goal? judge a game properly. Gaudreau did play well but Wolves were up 3-1 going into the third, Guadreau had 5 shots in the third, didn't have to do much, Wolves let the game slip, but we got a point out of it.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
you must be a Leaf fan you said he should had 2nd and 3rd goal? judge a game properly. Gaudreau did play well but Wolves were up 3-1 going into the third, Guadreau had 5 shots in the third, didn't have to do much, Wolves let the game slip, but we got a point out of it.
Ha first Il mention the one like this post has so far, made me chuckle. Cub listen. I’ve seen you defend goalies left right and centre but if you can’t acknowledge Gauvreau was the more clutch goalie tonight you’ve got your goalie goggles on. I’m not saying Vondras lost us the game but he should have had the last two. He was brilliant last night and good tonight only allowing two clean goals but it wasn’t good enough. We went out and got him to help us close games like this . He’s human no big deal but spade is a spade. He certainly isn’t the Wolves main concern and I actually think he‘s getting better and adjusting to the league. I like what I see a lot more than what I don’t like though I wish he would not insist on playing the puck as much as he does until he learns how to do it a little better…

I didn’t like the way the wolves looked right from the drop of the puck. Even last nights game . They’re trying to get by on their talent right now. There were a lot of sloppy giveaways that could’ve resulted in goals and that’s where Vondras came up big when he needed to. The way this team playEd tonight there’s no way they look like a team that is ready for a big run. I’m not saying it can’t happen or that the talent is not there, but they were not committed enough and I’ve seen more teams and I can remember. Am I being critical? You bet I am if this team wants to achieve what we all hope it can achieve. Power play was still very underwhelming for me. These are the kind of games that this team better learn to close out if they want to be contenders rather than pretenders. As an afterthought I remember McKenzie’s teams were always great at home and brutal on the road. Let’s hope time has changed that. Three out of four points doesn’t seem bad, but again I want to see a lot more out of this team if they want to truly realize their potential.
P.S. Cub. I am most certainly not a leaf fan

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Absolute dogsiht backcheck by Goyette to finish the game.
Can you please post the absolute dog shit backcheck because it wasn’t on tv. We didn’t see what happened when Sova and Goyette we’re tangled up. We’re you in Erie maybe you could explain better ? Or was it once again the usual shitting on Goyette without having seen anything ?
As far as Vondras I like his game but playing in Erie after a solid game Thursday on the road on a 3 games in 3 nights doesn’t seem like a smart coaching decision. Unless Chuck is sick too of course.

Reactions: Wolves fan

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Didn't help being down 3 not dressed. Mauro unplayable. Taylor not much ice.
The extra players would have helped. Definitely fluky goals. But two differences IMO, Otters thru everything at the net and were rewarded and we forced two much east/west passes in OZ that resulted in turnovers. With a 3-1 lead we should never be giving up odd man rushes. Must have better commitment to team defence.
Every disappointment must be a learning experience. A nice rebound win today will be nice. Wi-Fi scored 2 last night for Bulldogs, is he a trade target??

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
The extra players would have helped. Definitely fluky goals. But two differences IMO, Otters thru everything at the net and were rewarded and we forced two much east/west passes in OZ that resulted in turnovers. With a 3-1 lead we should never be giving up odd man rushes. Must have better commitment to team defence.
Every disappointment must be a learning experience. A nice rebound win today will be nice. Wi-Fi scored 2 last night for Bulldogs, is he a trade target??
Hope not.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Ha first Il mention the one like this post has so far, made me chuckle. Cub listen. I’ve seen you defend goalies left right and centre but if you can’t acknowledge Gauvreau was the more clutch goalie tonight you’ve got your goalie goggles on. I’m not saying Vondras lost us the game but he should have had the last two. He was brilliant last night and good tonight only allowing two clean goals but it wasn’t good enough. We went out and got him to help us close games like this . He’s human no big deal but spade is a spade. He certainly isn’t the Wolves main concern and I actually think he‘s getting better and adjusting to the league. I like what I see a lot more than what I don’t like though I wish he would not insist on playing the puck as much as he does until he learns how to do it a little better…

I didn’t like the way the wolves looked right from the drop of the puck. Even last nights game . They’re trying to get by on their talent right now. There were a lot of sloppy giveaways that could’ve resulted in goals and that’s where Vondras came up big when he needed to. The way this team playEd tonight there’s no way they look like a team that is ready for a big run. I’m not saying it can’t happen or that the talent is not there, but they were not committed enough and I’ve seen more teams and I can remember. Am I being critical? You bet I am if this team wants to achieve what we all hope it can achieve. Power play was still very underwhelming for me. These are the kind of games that this team better learn to close out if they want to be contenders rather than pretenders. As an afterthought I remember McKenzie’s teams were always great at home and brutal on the road. Let’s hope time has changed that. Three out of four points doesn’t seem bad, but again I want to see a lot more out of this team if they want to truly realize their potential.
P.S. Cub. I am most certainly not a leaf fan
look at the two goals again you think Vondras should have had. Mackenzie even mentions in post game interview we scored 5 goals tonight, unfortunately 2 on our own net. I like that you mentioned you see Vondras is getting better, some guys on here soon to criticize way too quickly. is he a UPL definitely not, but he's a decent goalie and should get better has season goes on.

I agree on the synopsis of the team play on road last few games, it hasn't been pretty getting by with talent, getting away from their structure.

The one guy used to criticize Byfield regularly and now he's playing first line in the NHL for LA Kings. This guy reminds me of a Leaf fan most annoying fan base, so rapid with their criticism and delusional. :)

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Some updated heights/weights on the OHL site for the Wolves. Not much change but most noticeable I'd say is Krawchuk 6'2" 170 lbs.

Kieron Walton at 6'6" 210 lbs has to be one of the biggest draft eligibles.
Walton will be biggest riser on the central scouting list. I love his offensive skillset. To me he’s the only 2006 player I would put on the no trade list. He will tear it up at 18 and 19. if you trade him the return will have to be incedible.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
If we don’t upgrade our forwards I think the team could put two solid lines with what they have. An upgrade is still the best option but for now I would try this top 9. Its make or brake for Pharand with these lines.

Musty Dvoraky Pharand
Delic McCallum Goyette
Walton Villeneuve Konyen

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If we don’t upgrade our forwards I think the team could put two solid lines with what they have. An upgrade is still the best option but for now I would try this top 9. Its make or brake for Pharand with these lines.

Musty Dvoraky Pharand
Delic McCallum Goyette
Walton Villeneuve Konyen
I really don’t understand why Goyette-Delic-Konyen should not be the 2nd scoring line.
It can be make or break for Pharrand on the 3rd line.

Reactions: cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I really don’t understand why Goyette-Delic-Konyen should not be the 2nd scoring line.
It can be make or break for Pharrand on the 3rd line.

I have a feeling the top 3 players have a first line deal. If thats such a thing.

Reactions: dirty12

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
More versatility at least, that is why I suggest Pharrand on 3rd line and Konyen on 2nd line for now.
Because Pharand has more to offer than Konyen. I want to see Pharand 10 games on the first or second line to see what he can do playing with top players in an offensive role before the trade deadline.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Because Pharand has more to offer than Konyen. All Konyen does is dump the puck 90% of the time I don’t really like what he brings to his linemates. I want to see Pharand 10 games on the first or second line to see what he can do playing with top players in an offesive role before the trade deadline.
Pharrand is not a 1st line player on a contender, it’s questionable if he is a 3rd line player at this time

Reactions: CTrain10

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
If Mccalum is one of the OAs on this team post deadline Papineau didn’t do his job. Absolutely no way that guy can still be here. Way too many stupid penalties.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Pharrand is not a 1st line player on a contender, it’s questionable if he is a 3rd line player at this time
Might be true but I’d like to see him get a real shot on the first two lines before the deadline. I like hometown players… My two cent

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Might be true but I’d like to see him get a real shot on the first two lines before the deadline. I like hometown players… My two cent
Pharrand is being given opportunity. He has not shown he warrants TOI with the team’s two best players, or Delic & Goyette for that matter. He has almost three full seasons if that is what it takes for him to earn a higher spot in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00