Waived: Subban on Waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No idea how McIntyre can be considered more of a prospect these days than Subban.

I’m guessing that it has something to do with the fact that Z-Mac put up these stats in PRO last year:

21-6-1, 2.03 GAA, .930 save %

While Subban’s numbers were:

11-14-1, 2.41 GAA, .917 save %

That would say to me that Z-Mac is a better prospect at this time?

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I’m guessing that it has something to do with the fact that Z-Mac put up these stats in PRO last year:

He just doesn't have the same athletic ceiling IMO. Subban never recovered last year after that freak injury.

Subban will win the #1 job in Providence this season. I'll bet VCash on it ;)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He just doesn't have the same athletic ceiling IMO. Subban never recovered last year after that freak injury.

Subban will win the #1 job in Providence this season. I'll bet VCash on it ;)

Athletic ability only gets you so far. Drive, technique, intelligence, work ethic all mean as much/more.

How much would you like to wager?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Z-Mac has looked great in Providence, no doubt, but he's also two years older than Subban. It'd be like claiming Swarz a better prospect right now than Kuraly because of his production in Providence.

Athletic ability only gets you so far. Drive, technique, intelligence, work ethic all mean as much/more.

How much would you like to wager?

Has anyone really questioned Subban's drive, technique, intelligence or his work ethic?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Z-Mac has looked great in Providence, no doubt, but he's also two years older than Subban. It'd be like claiming Swarz a better prospect right now than Kuraly because of his production in Providence.

Has anyone really questioned Subban's drive, technique, intelligence or his work ethic?

1) Talk about cherry picking. Regardless of the age, this will be Z-Mac’s 3rd year of Pro Hockey, while it will be Subban’s 5th. In your example Subban would be Swarz not Kuraly, lol.

2) I’m not questioning any of those things from Subban. I’m saying that McIntyre is known for his drive and work ethic and I believe his is greater than Subban’s. Just my opinion.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Strange move by LV. They will either have to carry three goalies, or release Calvin Pickard, who is 25 and played well in his NHL experience. Maybe their intent to is to promptly put him back on waivers for the purpose of assignment to the AHL. Are the Bruins prohibited from reclaiming him?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wonder what this means for Pickard in LV?

They already have a roster crunch to solve with 9 D-men.

Can't see them carrying 3 goaltenders.

Pickard IMO is an upgrade on Khudobin. He played quite well at last year's World's for Canada.

But the fact they chose to claim Subban may not say much for Pickard's camp/pre-season.

But Khudobin is clearly "their guy" and I'll be surprised if they stray away from him right now.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Strange move by LV. They will either have to carry three goalies, or release Calvin Pickard, who is 25 and played well in his NHL experience. Maybe their intent to is to promptly put him back on waivers for the purpose of assignment to the AHL. Are the Bruins prohibited from reclaiming him?
I believe that if Vegas were to waive him, the Bruins would have the first opportunity to claim.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
At least he didn’t have to beg them to take Miller by packaging picks with 0 returns via a trade like some teams did.

It’s a win win for both sides as Subban was passed on the depth chart by McIntyre. Now he has a better shot of actually playing meaningful minutes in the AHL and getting in a few nhl games.

My only question is who’s the backup in Providence now.

Vladar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad