Waived: Subban on Waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I will add to my last statement, injuries do not get enough credit for how well a player does way too much of the time. When a guy struggles it is almost always the fault of the player on here but how an injury affects someone and what the recovery process is like play a huge part in how guys that have to be operating on all 8 cylinders to play well perform. Things like Krejci over the last two years he was playing arguably the best he ever had at the start of the 15 season, his unoperated hip started bothering him and slowed him down, he had surgery and didn't get to train at all in the offseason and struggles for most of the year and it has to be because of his age.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
IF you were GM, would you have made the same move (without knowing ahead of time he'd be taken): Keep Khudobin, and waive Subban?

Also, isn't Vegas top priority for Waivers? If that's the case, you have to wonder if there were more claims.

Also, do you think the Bruins reclaim him if he's waived by Vegas?

1) I don't think the question is what I would have done. I'm not the GM. I think the only other option the Bruins had was to carry 3 goaltenders for a couple of weeks and then let everything play out. They have the cap space to withstand that. The hit for waiting 3 weeks would have only been $77,300. Teams aren't 100% set on their rosters just yet. But hey, the outcome could have been the same. As I said, they are disappointed he got claimed. I don't think they thought he wouldn't, but they were at least hoping he wouldn't get claimed.

2) I don't think we'll ever find out who else had a claim in, but from what I was told, there were 4 claims put in on Subban and VGK won. So even if they passed on him, he would have been claimed by someone else.

3) No. Vegas traded Pickard today. Subban will be the backup for now. Next year may be a different story depending on how Dansk progresses.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
what value does the 22 yo prospect Tobias Lindberg have? Seems like a smart move by Toronto should we have been in the bidding to stash Pickard in the AHL?

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
How is this young man an embarrassment in a Bruins uniform?

Uhh............because he's a Subban.

What exactly have you ever done in your life that gives you the right to call this kid an embarrassment? Your post is embarrassing.

WTF does what I've done in my life have to do with my opinion of a (former) player on a team I root for? Dude is a Subban, therefore I dislike him.........plain and simple. I was dumbfounded when he was drafted. How the hell can you draft the brother of the biggest a-hole (on a team of massive a-holes) on your teams biggest rival and not expect a large portion of the fanbase to flat out reject him?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Uhh............because he's a Subban.

WTF does what I've done in my life have to do with my opinion of a (former) player on a team I root for? Dude is a Subban, therefore I dislike him.........plain and simple. I was dumbfounded when he was drafted. How the hell can you draft the brother of the biggest a-hole (on a team of massive a-holes) on your teams biggest rival and not expect a large portion of the fanbase to flat out reject him?

In my 20 years here I've read lots of reasons for hating a player.....but this one is right down there with the dumbest. A sibling? Really? LOLOLOL!

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Knights are 4-1. Bruins are 2-3.
Knights have Subban for FREE. Bruins have egg on their face.
What's new with Boston? Frittering away talent like it grows on trees. *SMH*

That was a really stupid choice to keep Dobby over a high upside 1st round pick. One of the most athletic goalies to come through the Bruins organization in a long time and as usual we waste our talent and give it away for NOTHING.

Let's not go that far,Lol however I do think a goalie drafted in the first round deserved more than two starts don't care how bad they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad