Waived: Subban on Waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yes and no. TR was a first round pick and legitimately so. Toronto just sucked so bad for so long they didn't have patience to wait for the development. Instead they went with the RoY in Raycroft, who rumor had it wasn't even in plans for B's after falling off cliff the next year.

Can't count on stupid trade partners to come through every time although we more than did our part to return the Karma with Seguin return. Different circumstances though.
And that "stupid trade partner" was our own JFJr.

What ever happened to Pogge - leaf fans at the time were claiming he was better than Rask anyway.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Meh.
Well, Khudobin better not be a mess.

Let's stat watch, NHL-wise, let's see if Khudobin or Subban has a better season. Subban may not even play in the NHL (if he clears). I predict Khudobin to be sub-mediocre to OK, nothing more, nothing less. But a team could take a risk if they like Subban better than what they have.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
waste of a 1st round pick

Yes imagine how much better off we would be if we had taken
Jordan Schmaltz, Brendan Gaunce, Henrick Samuelsson, Steffan Matteau

And yes Brady Skej looks to have made it, as has Tanner Pearson. But late #1's in a mediocre to poor draft class is a very high risk pick. I have no problem with them gambling on a guy who did have an exceptionally high ceiling

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Yes imagine how much better off we would be if we had taken
Jordan Schmaltz, Brendan Gaunce, Henrick Samuelsson, Steffan Matteau

And yes Brady Skej looks to have made it, as has Tanner Pearson. But late #1's in a mediocre to poor draft class is a very high risk pick. I have no problem with them gambling on a guy who did have an exceptionally high ceiling
I recall at the time some on this board expressing a preference for Matt Finn, who last year played in the ECHL.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I really don't like that they placed him on waivers. Ridiculous. Khudobin should not be backup. Some goalies take longer to develop. It's a tough situation to deal with, but they'll lose him for nothing

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I really don't like that they placed him on waivers. Ridiculous. Khudobin should not be backup. Some goalies take longer to develop. It's a tough situation to deal with, but they'll lose him for nothing

If Khudobin is not the back-up I would prefer McIntyre over Subban in Boston.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'd hold onto Subban for at least two more years to give this kid a chance to develop. They will regret it one day if they lose him for nothing.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Agreed, and yes he was projected to be a middle-late 1st round pick. Goalies are way too much of a crapshoot to draft in the first round, and we were in very good shape with Rask just starting his full-time career here. I remember the draft being pretty lackluster but that's no real excuse. He was a boom/bust from the start, too early to tell if he'll be either but there's a decent chance he gets claimed.

Look at who got drafted after him...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2012e.html

No one really you think "Aw man I wish we had him" except for maybe Tanner Pearson and Brady Skej.

May have been a reach but not horrible as not much there, at the time our goalie depth/prospect was poor. It wasn't the worst pick they could've made that's for sure.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Look at who got drafted after him...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2012e.html

No one really you think "Aw man I wish we had him" except for maybe Tanner Pearson and Brady Skej.

May have been a reach but not horrible as not much there, at the time our goalie depth/prospect was poor. It wasn't the worst pick they could've made that's for sure.

Except for maybe Joonas Korpisalo, Matt Murray and Frederik Andersen. All drafted in the 3rd round in 2012.

Or if defensemen are preferred, how about Shayne Gostisbehere, Jacob Slavin or Colton Parayko?

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Except for maybe Joonas Korpisalo, Matt Murray and Frederik Andersen. All drafted in the 3rd round in 2012.

Or if defensemen are preferred, how about Shayne Gostisbehere, Jacob Slavin or Colton Parayko?

If drafted in 3rd round means every team passed on them?... I just looked at guys drafted after Subban in 1st and 2nd... figured any deeper picks weren't worth mentioning as every other team passed on them at least 1 or 2 times.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I always thought they drafted him to trade him once we developed...too bad neither worked out. He was always a chip.

You can rip up this bet ticket.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
6 NHL teams that could use Malcolm Subban

Bruins goaltender Malcolm Subban’s best pro punch to date was not enough to beat out Anton Khudobin for the backup job this preseason, and as a result, Subban has found himself on the waiver wire, available to be claimed by all 30 other NHL teams.

It’ll be a surely agonizing wait for the 23-year-old Subban, who finished the preseason with two wins and an .889 save percentage in 133 minutes of play, and one that could land him literally anywhere else in the NHL, or back in Providence for his fifth season.

Under contract for the next two years, making just $650,000 at the NHL level, and a restricted free agent at the end of it, there’s no shortage of teams that could use Subban, who has posted a .918 save percentage in his four seasons in the AHL.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Meh.
Well, Khudobin better not be a mess.

Let's stat watch, NHL-wise, let's see if Khudobin or Subban has a better season. Subban may not even play in the NHL (if he clears). I predict Khudobin to be sub-mediocre to OK, nothing more, nothing less. But a team could take a risk if they like Subban better than what they have.

If Khudobin can give them .500 or better, I'll consider it a success. Rask should allow them to get points out of about 75-80% his starts. If the back up can just stay even or a little better it will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad