News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
uh, where you been man? There were tons of folks around who refused to accept the hunches some of us had for a couple seasons prior to his trade that he hated it here and wanted to be traded...

Find me a post where someone actually said Kane wanted to be in Winnipeg and it had nothing to do with the city.

I assure you, nobody thought this. Everyone knew Kane wanted a trade :laugh:

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
There's this pervasive attitude that teams OWN these players. No they have rights within the CBA. Trouba is taking his to make the best out of his limited career. I can't blame him for that. When a player is traded or cut "it's a business". When a player tries to find himself a better spot he's a punk, not a team player, etc. What a double standard.

Well one side is paying millions to a kid to play a game. The other side is a kid is refusing millions for a pathetic reason. Show that you deserve to be anything but Stu's parter. Pissing and moaning ain't going to do it.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Trouba is a good player but I don't think he's great. What I get from his quotes is he's all about Jacob Trouba and not about the team. I think that's a toxic attitude. You can't have players who think they are above the team. I also get the sense he wants out of Winnipeg and there is nothing... not even trading Myers, that can solve it. Bottom line in my opinion. .. he wants out. If not he'd be offer sheeted but he knows the Jets would match. It's not about usage... it's not about being an rhd or LHD or whatever. ... it's about not wanting to be in Winnipeg.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
This makes my day, and I'm not being sarcastic. I'm glad this has finally come out and we can move on. My worst fear is he would sign a bridge deal and the uncertainty would linger for some time. It's not like he's throwing a wrench into the cup plans of a contender, which may be the case in a couple of years. The Jets are still building a strong defensive corp, they will continue to build that, just not with Trouba.

I've felt from the moment he was drafted that this wasn't his preferred landing spot. You can watch the video of the draft. I mean, nothing conclusive but the reactions of the family can be interpreted as being not thrilled. Meemaw especially looked like her precious Jacob had just been sentenced to a gulag.

I hope Chevy makes him rot while he works out a deal that will benefit the Jets. I hope this selfish, entitled little **** is in the process of shooting his career in the foot with his antics. Some people you want to see succeed because they are hard-working, selfless, good character individuals. People like Mark Scheifele. And then there are the Troubas of the world, who I can only wish complete and utter failure on.

And for all of you that thought Strait was signed for the Moose? I think he was signed because they knew Trouba wouldn't be back, and weren't sure Morrissey was ready to make the jump. Read 'em and weep, as they say.

#****trouba

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Well one side is paying millions to a kid to play a game. The other side is a kid is refusing millions for a pathetic reason. Show that you deserve to be anything but Stu's parter. Pissing and moaning ain't going to do it.

Isn't his argument that if there was a bridge deal playing with Stu greatly hinders his chance to hit big $$$.

I also am kind of surprised people here think Myers value is anywhere close to Troubas.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I had hoped this scenario would not play out this way, but it is certainly no surprise:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=121393873&postcount=793

Overhardt is playing hardball, believing he wins either by:
a)extracting a big money deal from the Jets, or
b)facilitating a trade to a preferred team/location

What he may not fully understand is that Chevy is a very, very patient man, with a very patient boss and an arena that sells out every game.
Chevy will get every penny of Trouba's worth in trade, sign him to a fair deal, or he will simply let him languish for the year.

Nothing has changed, folks, except that Overhardt has shown his cards publicly. Trouba's value is exactly the same as it was yesterday, because Chevy does not need to move him for a long, long time. It's sort of like the Kane situation, except Kane was able to earn $5M/yr playing in the NHL while waiting for his trade. Trouba will get to spend a lot of high quality time at home with his family instead.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Trouba is a good player but I don't think he's great. What I get from his quotes is he's all about Jacob Trouba and not about the team. I think that's a toxic attitude. You can't have players who think they are above the team. I also get the sense he wants out of Winnipeg and there is nothing... not even trading Myers, that can solve it. Bottom line in my opinion. .. he wants out. If not he'd be offer sheeted but he knows the Jets would match. It's not about usage... it's not about being an rhd or LHD or whatever. ... it's about not wanting to be in Winnipeg.

Well said. It's this. And I still think Chevy will get a great return. Jets figure to be a year away from real contention, I think they are willing to be patient.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

One side is paying a man millions to play hockey. The other side is making millions of dollars of having that player play hockey. Who cares.

And in his and many many peoples opinion he has MORE than proven he deserves alot better than on 3rd pairing with Stuart.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Find me a post where someone actually said Kane wanted to be in Winnipeg and it had nothing to do with the city.

I assure you, nobody thought this. Everyone knew Kane wanted a trade :laugh:

I'm not searching through the database just to prove you wrong. I'm telling you I had lots of debates with people around here who were big Kane supporters and refused to believe he didn't want to be here. When he was traded and the confirmation that he'd been asking for a trade every year was revealed it was a nice little "see I told ya so" moment for me. A fella doesn't forget those moments! :laugh:

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
Does anyone really find this turn of events shocking?
Players who want to be here have signed without much fuss.
Trouba is doing what's best for himself who can find faults with that ?
I think the biggest issue here is his side thinks he is much better than he really is.
So probably a bridge and trade.
Wish him the best but I now don't want him here as another potential distraction.
Chevy it's your move sir.
Clean this up sooner than later or risk another walking on egg shell season

Agree. I dont like how this went down but i dont blame trouba. He's entitled to do what he wants. hopefully chevy gets something done quick so this doesnt result in another year of distractions. Part of me wants to see him sit, but its probably best for the team this year to get him gone if he doesnt want to be here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I had hoped this scenario would not play out this way, but it is certainly no surprise:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=121393873&postcount=793

Overhardt is playing hardball, believing he wins either by:
a)extracting a big money deal from the Jets, or
b)facilitating a trade to a preferred team/location

What he may not fully understand is that Chevy is a very, very patient man, with a very patient boss and an arena that sells out every game.
Chevy will get every penny of Trouba's worth in trade, sign him to a fair deal, or he will simply let him languish for the year.

Nothing has changed, folks, except that Overhardt has shown his cards publicly. Trouba's value is exactly the same as it was yesterday, because Chevy does not need to move him for a long, long time. It's sort of like the Kane situation, except Kane was able to earn $5M/yr playing in the NHL while waiting for his trade. Trouba will get to spend a lot of high quality time at home with his family instead.

Pretty much agree.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
One side is paying a man millions to play hockey. The other side is making millions of dollars of having that player play hockey. Who cares.

And in his and many many peoples opinion he has MORE than proven he deserves alot better than on 3rd pairing with Stuart.

You can't argue with these people, man.

It's Winnipeg, remember. Nobody likes Winnipeg.

:shakehead

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I'm trying man but it is an up hill fight ;)

You're not the user I was thinking of but have seen your posts on this and they are optimistic. I hope you're right re: bidding war.

Ideally this could have been resolved before hand though.

Has a situation like this in the past ever really worked out well? Some people say Kane, etc but those are very different situations.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not searching through the database just to prove you wrong. I'm telling you I had lots of debates with people around here who were big Kane supporters and refused to believe he didn't want to be here. When he was traded and the confirmation that he'd been asking for a trade every year was revealed it was a nice little "see I told ya so" moment for me. A fella doesn't forget those moments! :laugh:

Why? Then this discussion would be over and I would admit I was wrong.

Veinless

Aug 23, 2005
Out of curiosity was TJ Trouba let go in May? Per his LinkedIn he's no longer with the Jets as of then.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Ask Paul Postma if Trouba has gotten a chance to shine. He's played worse and worse since is rookie year. Forget this guy, he's a punk and we do not need trouba to succeed as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad