News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Wanting to play on his natural side might be the flimsiest reason for demanding a trade in the history of hockey. Clearly it's more than that.

Remember when Trouba was heading into his sophomore season and he said he was shutting down his Twitter account and wanted his followers to download some Jacob Trouba app from Bauer or something? That probably went over like a lead balloon in terms of number of downloads. So his brand managers conclude he needs to be in a big US city to capitalize on his fame, not some backwater in the Canadian hinterland. And here we are.

You know I was just having this though about that app and glad someone thought of it. There will be certain players that won't like playing here because it's not the biggest, flashiest market and we will need to deal with that, thankfully it won't always be the case and there will always be a Scheifele to counteract that. Anyway don't hate the guy for it but it still does suck.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
As Trouba has done what he thought he needed to do, we need to be patient and do what's right for us. We can't keep all our RHD (including Trouba) in the expansion draft. Trouba is not a LHD and looked uncomfortable playing there last season. Next years draft is weak. I don't want picks.

It would be great to get one or two promising LHD that aren't exposed to the expansion draft. The main players are with Philly (Ivan Provorov and Travis Sanheim), Carolina (Noah Hanifin), Columbus (Zach Werenski). I also see a multi-player trade.

Should be interesting. I have faith in Chevy!

I would kill for this trade

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm glad, Ive always though he was overrated. He looked lost on the NA team and seems like a whiny punk to he honest lol.
He will fetch a good return and we can move on.

He won't fetch a good return if he is an overrated whiny punk. The market for those is pretty weak.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I also have no problem Trouba wanting out. Now is the time to get value back. No weakness.

100% agree.

- Totally agree Chevy now must play hard ball, let him sit until he gets him signed or right trade.
- Agree team has right to ask player to play in a disadvantaged position to the benefit of the team.
- Completely agree Trouba right to say **** that and demand trade b/c he doesn't want to play in a position he's not comfortable with and will hurt his earning potential in the future.

Let's hope Chevy has seen this coming and has a plan in place to make multi player deal to fix team or were going to suck bad.....again.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
100% agree.

- Totally agree Chevy now must play hard ball, let him sit until he gets him signed or right trade.
- Agree team has right to ask player to play in a disadvantaged position to the benefit of the team.
- Completely agree Trouba right to say **** that and demand trade b/c he doesn't want to play in a position he's not comfortable with and will hurt his earning potential in the future.

Let's hope Chevy has seen this coming and has a plan in place to make multi player deal to fix team or were going to suck bad.....again.

This.

Now it's time to see what Chevy can do.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
He's a hockey player. No better place to build a brand than in Canada. Is he going to build one playing in Las Vegas? Even in a place like New York he'll be completely overshadowed.

In America, he's a defenseman who doesn't get a lot of points. How would he ever get attention?

Well he's maybe getting some bad advice - but that Jacob Trouba app thing was kind of a clue to him (or someone) thinking he should be a household name that needs his own platform.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
That's definitely not true. In his rookie season he played a risk riddled game that burnt him often. He has shifted to higher percentage plays in recent years

Risk riddled plays and bone headed moves are completely different.

Yes he has been playing a much less riskier game. But like i previously stated he has had any more brain farts.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
What's your solution? Trade him ASAP for the best you can get and set the precedent that all an RFA has to do is demand a trade and 'voila', your wish is my command.

I'm not saying to sit him for spite. I'm saying wait for a good deal that is in the best interest of the WINNIPEG JETS. If Trouba sits, so be it. He's played all his cards. Now the ball is in Chevy's court.

I am basing a lot of my thoughts on rumours of this happening since May. Going public and nuclear won't help any return. This dragging on past start of season will not end well IMO.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Well he's maybe getting some bad advice - but that Jacob Trouba app thing was kind of a clue to him (or someone) thinking he should be a household name that needs his own platform.

Now we can just get him Pokemon Go, catch all the biggest contracts!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Jacob Trouba is a 22 year old defenseman who has proven pretty much jack squat. He's coming off his ELC for goodness sake. Trouba has to suck it up, play where he's told to and kick ass at it. This generation seems to want what they want without earning it.

He can kick rocks afaic.

It's really funny how every generation says this about the next one. It's almost like the older generation can't handle being replaced by younger, more talented people and look to this as an excuse to hate on those more qualified, more talented youngsters. But that can't be it? Can it?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
100% agree.

Little bit of a conspiracy theory. Maybe the leak was timed with both sides on board. Maybe Chevy has a few really nice offers that are in the exploratory stage and this is an attempt to heat things up to get a deal done before it can derail the season.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

I still think his best year was his 2nd. I really liked his all around play that year.

Numbers suggest last year (AFTER accounting for usage, which may be what is being missed).

I've seen enough sloppy play and silly mistakes that tell me otherwise.

Results >>>> Style

There are billions of events going on. Seeing silly mistakes and sloppy play doesn't isn't really telling you much if you are missing the things that is allowing him to improve the team.

Also... wasn't just Corsi, but Corsi, scoring chances, goals, possession... Your eyes are missing a lot.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Have to play hardball here.

Lots of teams out there that could use a potential 1RD. But who is going to meet Chevy's steep (and perhaps even spiteful) trade demands, and then pay him what Overhardt thinks he's worth?

Let him sit unless a deal that fits comes along.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Penguin fan just visiting: If nothing can be worked out with Trouba (It sounds to me that if the Jets can just work with Trouba, then all is fine he's not going anywhere) but if not how do Jet fans feel about a deal involving Trouba and Pavelec for MAF and ???.

the ??? is a Pens player/pick(s). Maybe you think the Pens and Jets make a good trade partner? If not then disregard

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Funny how quick he's suddenly a punk, brat etc. Fickle fans we are.

If playing in the US is truly the reason I'm surprised that didn't come up earlier or even in draft interviews. If it's usage then we know who caused that.

PK Subban complained about his teammates, bought him a ticket out of town. Worked for Mike Cammalleri. Carter in Columbus. Seth Jones started last year as a 3rd unit defenseman, gone. Did he ask to be?

I think it is convenient to blame usage. He got 20+ minutes. First PK. Maybe he wants PP, more points=more money?

I think he knows he will never be a leader here, the core of the team is in the family guys, and the young stars. Maybe he just does not fit in to the team.

We have a myriad of options, I would trade him sooner than later. I think Columbus is perfect. I'll add to get the Regina boy, Ryan Murray, whose family will be glad he's here. And hey he took a bridge. Tortorella is USA all the way, he can have Trouba, Johnson, Jones, Werenski. We'll see who gets to the playoffs first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad