News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jacob-troubas-agent-says-client-requested-trade/

[Tweet]779823525536432128[/MEDIA]

Jets statement:

“We are aware of the statement issued by Kurt Overhardt regarding Jacob Trouba.

Over the last three seasons, Jacob Trouba has played a key role for the Winnipeg Jets and in our view still represents an important part of the long-term future of our club. As such, any decisions made regarding Jacob Trouba will be made in the best interest of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club.

As an unsigned player, we cannot compel Jacob to report to training camp at this time. However, we will continue to work diligently to resolve this matter. We will have no further comment on this matter until such time as it is resolved.”

Until further notice, this thread will also include discussion regarding Trouba's contract situation.

Play nice.

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I feel like this quote gets pulled out every month or three.

Track Suit Shower-Gate. this is chevy's real test.
Drafting Laine or Pulljarvi. this is chevy's real test.
Ladd & Buff contracts. this is chevy's real test.
Trouba negotiations. No THIS is chevy's real test.

That's what happens with running gags. :D

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
I'm glad, Ive always though he was overrated. He looked lost on the NA team and seems like a whiny punk to he honest lol.
He will fetch a good return and we can move on.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't blame him to be honest, Myers is incredibly overrated here and Trouba is much better than him in my opinion.

Would be really upset if we lose Trouba but keep Myers.

Plus the guy had to deal with Mark Daniel Stu for the longest time.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I imagine landing Laine at the draft complicated trading Trouba. IMO there was a deal to be had with Edmonton before then but landing Laine meant we didn't need anymore scoring wingers which seemed to be all they were offering for defenseman. They are likely looking good for an equivalent LD now (not prospect LD) and imo nobody is selling atm.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't blame him to be honest, Myers is incredibly overrated here and Trouba is much better than him in my opinion.

I'll take a Myers that wants to be here over a Trouba that doesn't any day. They aren't that far apart...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Mishandled for a long time (familiar), but it bites management. Now damage control.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I've never been a Trouba fan. He's overrated. I'll be glad when he's gone.

Any other teams have a young LHD who would be a good trade partner?

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I'm glad, Ive always though he was overrated. He looked lost on the NA team and seems like a whiny punk to he honest lol.
He will fetch a good return and we can move on.

The fact is her doesn't want to play here. However he wants to spin it, if he loved it here he'd Make it work. Let's move on and get someone of value. Hockey is a team sport, sorry to burst his bubble.

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
I agree with what Brian (AIH) told me on Twitter, Chevy's statement gives us a little bit of hope.

On a side note I'm really really sad about this. Trouba is my first favorite Jets player, and holds significance because he's also on my very first Jets jersey so this is hard.

I just hope it works out for the best and REALLY hope that Chevy makes the right decision: if he will stand pat on his draft and develop strategy by keeping Trouba or trading him away for a possibly lesser return and a possibly older defenseman.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Go have some supper and all hell breaks loose. But I'm taking the stand that this going public isn't a bad thing. We are now in 29 teams give us your best offer and Chevy can play them off each other. Chevy still has the trump card that Trouba has no real options other than Europe.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Agreed

On the bright side, this increases the chance Strait will get some NHL ice time this season.

Sadly you're right. Must of Chevy's insight that he traded for Strait. :laugh:

I'll take a Myers that wants to be here over a Trouba that doesn't any day. They aren't that far apart...

Of course Myers wants to play in his natural position. No shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->