News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Scheifele was sent back to junior twice and played wing and on the third line for most of his draft+3 season.

Scheifele really wanted to stay with the Jets from early on. He developed and the Jets rewarded him.

Trouba developed too, and he wasn't rewarded.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The ones that have a 'hunch' (based on nothing) that he doesn't want to be on the Jets or doesn't like Winnipeg.

Yes, they haven't because there's not a shred of evidence to support that vs all of the evidence that completely backs up what his agent said about usage. :laugh:

I feel like the people who think it has nothing to do with him not being crazy about being here are the same ones who believed that about Kane until it was revealed that he didn't want to be here. :D Some people have good "hunches."

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just irks me that Chevy knew that Trouba was going to be an issue since May and does nothing about it.

If a player comes to you and says they want to be a top 2 D on the right side and you look at your roster and see that that request is not possible.... does sitting at your cottage all summer make you feel that Trouba is gonna change his mind?

There are situations that should be dealt with before the season or even training camp starts .... this was one of them.

This is biggest issue I see, especially when one could speculate there have been chances to get something done.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
right now We need that one user who always makes super optimistic posts even when Jetsland is falling apart lol

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba developed too, and he wasn't rewarded.

I meant rewarded with a contract. Scheifele got first line minutes when Little was injured and tore up the league.

I really don't think you can compare Scheifele and Trouba when it comes to attitude and approach to his role with the Jets.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Wow they took their time with him, so that is reason to pout. Same as Burmi. Scheifele never whined once, even though he was showing signs of being better than Little 2 years ago.

Just a little punk. Shows he isn't a team player, just a spoiled little brat. Hit the road Jack...

There's this pervasive attitude that teams OWN these players. No they have rights within the CBA. Trouba is taking his to make the best out of his limited career. I can't blame him for that. When a player is traded or cut "it's a business". When a player tries to find himself a better spot he's a punk, not a team player, etc. What a double standard.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel like the people who think it has nothing to do with him not being crazy about being here are the same ones who believed that about Kane until it was revealed that he didn't want to be here. :D Some people have good "hunches."

Nobody thought Kane wanted to be in Winnipeg, that was very much so abundantly clear.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
There's this pervasive attitude that teams OWN these players. No they have rights within the CBA. Trouba is taking his to make the best out of his limited career. I can't blame him for that. When a player is traded or cut "it's a business". When a player tries to find himself a better spot he's a punk, not a team player, etc. What a double standard.

This.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Scheifele also never played with anchors for 95% of a season.

:shakehead

Boo hoo. Poor kid. Played with a vet. Ruined his career. Now he gets a chance to play with Byfuglien, our most talented defenseman, but he needs to think about his career. He's a self-centred punk, maybe he wants to play under the bright lights in the snow, without scrutiny. Let's build a team without him.

We can start with Enstrom-Buff, Morrissey-Myers, and find scraps out of 5-7, add a vet (Seidenberg?) and make him go play in Siberia. Good riddance, disgrace to Randy Carlyle's number.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

yeah. I don't have an issue really with Trouba trying to get moved or improve his situation if that's what he wants to do. I'm just not prepared to dump a bunch of blame for the situation on Chevy/the org mis-handling him...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Nobody thought Kane wanted to be in Winnipeg, that was very much so abundantly clear.

uh, where you been man? There were tons of folks around who refused to accept the hunches some of us had for a couple seasons prior to his trade that he hated it here and wanted to be traded...

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
It is what it is at this point, we all have our own opinions.

If we can get a good or neutral return like Garret mentioned, in the end it probably won't matter.

It does suck though it had to come to this

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Sucks to lose Trouba, but I have no worries that Chevy won't get a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad