News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Sorry, but we don't know that to be entirely true. He says it's only about the usage or having to play his offside but he may not be telling the whole truth and leaving certain things out when speaking to the media.

My feeling it's probably some kind of combination that has led him to believe this is not the right fit for him.

For sure. I mean obviously he would prefer to play in his favorite position. Who wouldn't. But if he loved the city, or if Chevy was willing to back up the Brinks truck and dump an extra million or 2 a year on his doorstep, I bet he'd be OK with playing wherever they wanted him to play. EIther way, players don't get to dictate their usage. They just don't. If it was decided that Trouba was the best guy to pair up with Stuart for whatever reason then it's up to him to make the best of that situation.

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
We all know Logan Stanley is the reason why Trouba wants to get traded. He watched the Youngstars game and imagined what a future playing with Stanley on his left would be like.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think 29 teams already knew that Chevy was taking offers. Going public is Overhardt's attempt to control the timetable so his client and he don't lose too many pay cheques. Chevy has more to do than trade Trouba. He needs to make some decisions about his forwards and plan for the expansion draft. I think we won't see a trade until after training camp at the earliest, when Chevy and Maurice know what they want to do with Dano, Armia, Burmi, Lowry, Copp, etc. I won't be surprised by a multiplayer deal, or more than one deal that further reshapes the team for the future.

Agreed

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel like the people saying it has nothing/not a lot to do with his usage are the same ones who think we should have traded for Hamonic :laugh:

Wish some more folks did some research.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Had better be a hell of a return after seeing what Larsson got. If Chevy doesn't ACE this deal he should be a goner. Never proactive... always being forced to react.
The club is mired in perpetual stasis.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think 29 teams already knew that Chevy was taking offers. Going public is Overhardt's attempt to control the timetable so his client and he don't lose too many pay cheques. Chevy has more to do than trade Trouba. He needs to make some decisions about his forwards and plan for the expansion draft. I think we won't see a trade until after training camp at the earliest, when Chevy and Maurice know what they want to do with Dano, Armia, Burmi, Lowry, Copp, etc. I won't be surprised by a multiplayer deal, or more than one deal that further reshapes the team for the future.

Agreed, but once something goes public a bit of a frenzy starts. Now it becomes who gives me the best deal. Before it was public there was no urgency, now maybe a team gives Chevy their best offer. Personally I think something happens over the next couple days.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I feel like the people saying it has nothing/not a lot to do with his usage are the same ones who think we should have traded for Hamonic :laugh:

Maybe some players can play off side, Detroit had 5 lefty ds. Some don't think it's as big a deal, if you're team guy. And not me guy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Trouba sits, we start season with changing our LHD were screwed, we suck so bad without Trouba on LHD.

After Toby (who really a 2nd pairing guy), we have Strait, Stuart and Josh........I want to puke.

Agree, but Chiarot is better than Stu or Strait.

LD is a huge weakness without Trouba. Chevy has to put on his work pants and solve it.

I wouldn't be shocked if he used his forward depth (Armia, Dano, Lowry, Petan, Copp, Burmi) to help solve the LD situation.

Trouba is a very valuable asset aside from the hand-wringing about the trade request. Chevy has a lot to work with and needs to make a good trade without rushing into anything.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Does anyone really find this turn of events shocking?
Players who want to be here have signed without much fuss.
Trouba is doing what's best for himself who can find faults with that ?
I think the biggest issue here is his side thinks he is much better than he really is.
So probably a bridge and trade.
Wish him the best but I now don't want him here as another potential distraction.
Chevy it's your move sir.
Clean this up sooner than later or risk another walking on egg shell season

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Agreed. He thinks he's better than Myers (he is) and is tired of being the one having to move over or play with the anchor. I don't know that he is going about it the right way, but it is what it is. Jets have gotten themselves into this mix. Most teams treasure their young up stud RH D. We've buried and held back ours.

Albeit this might give some insight as to why Trouba was moved over from left side after not much trying last year. Still I think the Jets should have forced Trouba to stay there and give him enough time to get comfortable there on that side while still under contract. He might then have seen that it wasn't holding him back. And wouldn't have had to play with the anchor that is Stuart.

Wow they took their time with him, so that is reason to pout. Same as Burmi. Scheifele never whined once, even though he was showing signs of being better than Little 2 years ago.

Just a little punk. Shows he isn't a team player, just a spoiled little brat. Hit the road Jack...

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow they took their time with him, so that is reason to pout. Same as Burmi. Scheifele never whined once, even though he was showing signs of being better than Little 2 years ago.

Just a little punk. Shows he isn't a team player, just a spoiled little brat. Hit the road Jack...

Scheifele also never played with anchors for 95% of a season.

:shakehead

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Said nothing about stance. I stated mishandled for 3 years being forced to play 3rd pairing with a plug most of the time......then being asked to play second fiddle to Myers by being put in a position that he isn't comfortable in which hurts his future earning potential. Don't blame him for demanding a trade. If this sort of thing happened to us we would likely quit our job and find a new one. Good for him.

I don't blame Trouba, but I like that it is public, now Chevy can push for team's best offers. Not buying he is in a position of weakness. I'm more likely to believe Overhardt and Chevy timed the leak to fast forward some movement.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Makes sense to want to play natural side. Likely missed out on world cup because of playing left or with Stuart.

Don't blame the guy.

Snub by being number 7 in world cup hurt.

Yet we was still selected to the World Cup team and actually ended up playing when there was an injury. Poor Jacob so hard done by.

I find this notion that he hasn't been given an opportunity by the Jets to succeed absurd. He has played 211 career NHL games and is still only 22. He has been relied upon by the Jets and has been given big responsibilities at a young age.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Wait, because people don't agree with your opinion, they haven't done research?

Interesting.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014

I think this is where we are likely at. See who makes the team and deal some extra forward pieces along with Trouba to produce the team we will ice this year. Theres an excess of wingers and rhd, a deal or deals makes good sense to get some better balance. I was hoping however that it would be myers traded.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Yet we was still selected to the World Cup team and actually ended up playing when there was an injury. Poor Jacob so hard done by.

I find this notion that he hasn't been given an opportunity by the Jets to succeed absurd. He has played 211 career NHL games and is still only 22. He has been relied upon by the Jets and has been given big responsibilities at a young age.

You're right.

You sure have to be defensively responsible when you're paired with Mark Stuart! :laugh:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Maybe Nick Schultz for a pick or depth fwd. Solid cheap LD vet and better than Stuart. Help ease along J Mo ?

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Wait, because people don't agree with your opinion, they haven't done research?

Interesting.

The ones that have a 'hunch' (based on nothing) that he doesn't want to be on the Jets or doesn't like Winnipeg.

Yes, they haven't because there's not a shred of evidence to support that vs all of the evidence that completely backs up what his agent said about usage. :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scheifele also never played with anchors for 95% of a season.

:shakehead

Scheifele was sent back to junior twice and played wing and on the third line for most of his draft+3 season.

Scheifele really wanted to stay with the Jets from early on. He developed and the Jets rewarded him.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just irks me that Chevy knew that Trouba was going to be an issue since May and does nothing about it.

If a player comes to you and says they want to be a top 2 D on the right side and you look at your roster and see that that request is not possible.... does sitting at your cottage all summer make you feel that Trouba is gonna change his mind?

There are situations that should be dealt with before the season or even training camp starts .... this was one of them.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011

I agree with this, and think it will be even longer. Let the season start. Other teams' needs will emerge as injury and performance issues arise. Chevy still has nothing to lose by waiting.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Next player to want out? Connor, Laine, maybe Wheeler after he realizes he's wasted his entire prime here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln