News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA
I don't blame him to be honest, Myers is incredibly overrated here and Trouba is much better than him in my opinion.

Would be really upset if we lose Trouba but keep Myers.

Plus the guy had to deal with Mark Daniel Stu for the longest time.

Everything here is a fact.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
It's obviously the city guys, it has nothing to do with the fact he's been playing with an anchor 95% of the time or been on his offside.

:shakehead

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Makes sense to want to play natural side. Likely missed out on world cup because of playing left or with Stuart.

Don't blame the guy.

Snub by being number 7 in world cup hurt.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Mishandled for a long time (familiar), but it bites management. Now damage control.

Don't see it that way. This scenario has played out many times with many teams. Staying strong is the key. i'm glad Chevy has continued to do so. I'm not sure why you'd prefer him not to take that stance?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stuart.
Strait.

I'm feeling nauseated.

Hoping that Morrissey can step up, but the Jets have a big hole to fill on LD.

If Trouba sits, we start season with changing our LHD were screwed, we suck so bad without Trouba on LHD.

After Toby (who really a 2nd pairing guy), we have Strait, Stuart and Josh........I want to puke.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
"I've worked hard to get this far. I don't want to look back in 20 years and wish I hadn't just gone with the flow."

In 20 years that quote could easily turn into "I wish I had worked harder instead of blaming everyone else around me for my shortcomings"

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Best case scenarios:

Morrissey proves himself a NHL regular with upside and Trouba either a) comes back to us or b) garners a net positive or neutral return.

It will be tough though, as most of Trouba's value is in shot differentials, which isn't great in returning on the market. He's young and RHD though which gives plus value.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Go have some supper and all hell breaks loose. But I'm taking the stand that this going public isn't a bad thing. We are now in 29 teams give us your best offer and Chevy can play them off each other. Chevy still has the trump card that Trouba has no real options other than Europe.

Agreed, its out in the open now, he wants a trade and other teams can give us what Chevy wants if he's as good as everyone thinks he is. This could be a good think overall for the Jets this year.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If Trouba sits, we start season with changing our LHD were screwed, we suck so bad without Trouba on LHD.

After Toby (who really a 2nd pairing guy), we have Strait, Stuart and Josh........I want to puke.

Maybe Josh plays well enough to pair up with Myers.

Likely it's Stuart there, regardless.

Oh well, Timothy Liljegren here we come

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Trouba does want to be here. It has nothing to do with the city or not wanting to be with the Jets.

Sorry, but we don't know that to be entirely true. He says it's only about the usage or having to play his offside but he may not be telling the whole truth and leaving certain things out when speaking to the media.

My feeling it's probably some kind of combination that has led him to believe this is not the right fit for him.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Kane wanted out and it worked in our favour. Trouba wants out, let's move on without him.

Trouba for Ryan Murray. Or Hayden Fleury. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Don't see it that way. This scenario has played out many times with many teams. Staying strong is the key. i'm glad Chevy has continued to do so. I'm not sure why you'd prefer him not to take that stance?

Said nothing about stance. I stated mishandled for 3 years being forced to play 3rd pairing with a plug most of the time......then being asked to play second fiddle to Myers by being put in a position that he isn't comfortable in which hurts his future earning potential. Don't blame him for demanding a trade. If this sort of thing happened to us we would likely quit our job and find a new one. Good for him.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Sorry, but we don't know that to be entirely true. He says it's only about the usage or having to play his offside but he may not be telling the whole truth and leaving certain things out when speaking to the media.

My feeling it's probably some kind of combination that has led him to believe this is not the right fit for him.

Point me to be one shred of evidence where it says Trouba doesn't want to be with the Jets/or doesn't like Winnipeg.

Don't waste your time; you can't.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It's obviously the city guys, it has nothing to do with the fact he's been playing with an anchor 95% of the time or been on his offside.

:shakehead

Agreed. He thinks he's better than Myers (he is) and is tired of being the one having to move over or play with the anchor. I don't know that he is going about it the right way, but it is what it is. Jets have gotten themselves into this mix. Most teams treasure their young up stud RH D. We've buried and held back ours.

Albeit this might give some insight as to why Trouba was moved over from left side after not much trying last year. Still I think the Jets should have forced Trouba to stay there and give him enough time to get comfortable there on that side while still under contract. He might then have seen that it wasn't holding him back. And wouldn't have had to play with the anchor that is Stuart.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Go have some supper and all hell breaks loose. But I'm taking the stand that this going public isn't a bad thing. We are now in 29 teams give us your best offer and Chevy can play them off each other. Chevy still has the trump card that Trouba has no real options other than Europe.

I think 29 teams already knew that Chevy was taking offers. Going public is Overhardt's attempt to control the timetable so his client and he don't lose too many pay cheques. Chevy has more to do than trade Trouba. He needs to make some decisions about his forwards and plan for the expansion draft. I think we won't see a trade until after training camp at the earliest, when Chevy and Maurice know what they want to do with Dano, Armia, Burmi, Lowry, Copp, etc. I won't be surprised by a multiplayer deal, or more than one deal that further reshapes the team for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad