Social Media Septic Tank Thread

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
PHLY August 12th, 2024:

(every word is his)

“The goalposts most always he moved, especially when evidence contrary to my original thesis becomes a regular occurrence. One must dig in their heels. This is the way.”

Reactions: BernieParent

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
On March 22nd, 2022 the third spot in the Metro had 85 points (Rangers in 64 games)

On March 22nd, 2023 the third spot in the Metro had 92 points (Rangers in 71 games).

On March 22nd, 2024 the third spot in the Metro has 79 points (Flyers in 70 games).

This “has them in a playoff spot” nonsense needs to stop.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
just when i thought those on twitter were bad..some of these replies on a facebook thread are out there..really wish i could figure out how to link it

Last edited:

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
On March 22nd, 2022 the third spot in the Metro had 85 points (Rangers in 64 games)

On March 22nd, 2023 the third spot in the Metro had 92 points (Rangers in 71 games).

On March 22nd, 2024 the third spot in the Metro has 79 points (Flyers in 70 games).

This “has them in a playoff spot” nonsense needs to stop.
It doesn't matter what has happened in previous seasons. You control what you can control. The flyers are currently in a playoff spot. You can hate Torts all you want, but it's disingenuous to say he hasn't gotten this team playing effective two way hockey, all while having the worst PP in the league.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It doesn't matter what has happened in previous seasons. You control what you can control. The flyers are currently in a playoff spot. You can hate Torts all you want, but it's disingenuous to say he hasn't gotten this team playing effective two way hockey, all while having the worst PP in the league.

But...but...he's also responsible for the worst PP in the league, no?

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Huh a try hard Torts team with a bad PP. I wonder what the outcome will be come playoff time.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But...but...he's also responsible for the worst PP in the league, no?
In a similar line of “Why does Torts get credit for all good things but is never held responsible for any bad things?” questioning:

I keep wondering how the creatures who give him endless praise and credit for the teams current form and standings position would explain why he didn’t do the same thing last year. We’re not supposed to believe that he suddenly learned how to coach over the summer, are we?

If the players aren't responsible for the improvement he should’ve been able to do the same thing last year, right?

Still haven’t seen anyone explain this in a way that doesn’t immediately involve blaming last year’s roster, which automatically proves the roster changes and performances are what made the difference, not him.

Reactions: mja

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
In a similar line of “Why does Torts get credit for all good things but is never held responsible for any bad things?” questioning:

I keep wondering how the creatures who give him endless praise and credit for the teams current form and standings position would explain why he didn’t do the same thing last year. We’re not supposed to believe that he suddenly learned how to coach over the summer, are we?

If the players aren't responsible for the improvement he should’ve been able to do the same thing last year, right?

Still haven’t seen anyone explain this in a way that doesn’t immediately involve blaming last year’s roster, which automatically proves the roster changes and performances are what made the difference, not him.

Yeah, I don't know why we're giving Torts credit for the team being ok despite his horrendous work on the power play. People just looking to be optimistic, I suppose.

Reactions: Magua and Striiker

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Yeah, I don't know why we're giving Torts credit for the team being ok despite his horrendous work on the power play. People just looking to be optimistic, I suppose.
They aren't doing "ok".

This place is terrible for giving credit to people they don't like.

There isn't a single person in the hockey world that had this team in playoff contention. Not one. This team is playing far above its collective ability. You can shit on Torts all you want for his many, many flaws, but like it or not, this team is playing good hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad