Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright all so recently we've seen an influx of random tweets from random people all over the board to show examples of Authentic Fans and the like. These people for the most part aren't insiders but instead just random people like you or I. While they haven't clogged up the boards entirely they have become more prevalent.

The board has had the stance for years that we are to debate the post not the poster. We've also had a rule against taking posts from across boards and talking about them (or at least I think we did). These people on twitter and other social media apps don't exactly fall under the protection of these rules BUT there is a chance that their could be some crossfire during those times.

I would personally prefer to avoid threads being cluttered with a bunch of randoms making statements as we all stand around and point and laugh at them but that may be hard to stop entirely.

So to quote a wise man: "A Twitter Takes, thread, as a septic tank? We can drain the poop into a sanitary central location instead of letting the kids poop in the hallways."

That's the goal but at the same time we still do not need to turn this into a "Hall of Shame" thread that you just post every single dumb thing you see on twitter. I honestly don't even know what the purpose is I just really really want to reduce the influx of the random tweets from random people that we've seen lately. Hopefully just this thread existing at all will kind of slowly lower the amount of random twitter posts.

TL;DR: Let's try and play nice and make the board a better place

I guess i'll start...

One of the twitter people that get posted on here often is Anthony Di Marco who likes to claim that he is an insider with sources with the team. At 1:58PM David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) tweeted this:
Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 2.48.39 PM.png

Just four minutes after Anthony tweeted this (and it has since been deleted)

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 2.48.18 PM.png

Now that we've gotten that out of the way we don't have to post his stuff in other threads and have this debate in there instead!

THIS IS NOT A FREE REIGN THREAD WHERE PEOPLE CAN JUST SHIT ON PEOPLE ON TWITTER. PLEASE DON'T TURN IT INTO THAT. I'M JUST TRYING SOMETHING HERE TO MAKE THE BOARD A MORE ENJOYABLE PLACE.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Its so funny how these people defend Yandle and his streak all year..but as soon as the team says its okay to scratch him...all of a sudden his streak is no longer bigger than the team.

Where was this attitude months ago...when the Yandle/Seeler pair was costing them games left n right...but they couldnt dare scratch Yandle for York..?

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
That the Flyers “want to see how Seeler fares away from Yandle” is f***ing depressing. They can’t tell he’s horrible individually? What the f***?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah, he’s a little more aggressive than I’d be but I can usually appreciate the general sentiment of the tweet.

It's interesting in the divide between NHL players. Some of the dumber ones Roenick/Weekes are all bull hurt about it and on the opposite side you've got Mike Rupp / Timonen all going yep he needs to go. The NHL is a business and these guys get paid a bunch of money to play a child's game. Stop whining about some dumb record.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00