Social Media Septic Tank Thread

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The Beetee guy that gets posted in this thread used to post here too when I first joined (around 2013). It’s possible he could have been banned if he didn’t just walk away. He was pretty repetitive with discussions around Couturier.

Ah, yes. That smooth brain. Hes a hockey gatekeeper too. Massive tool. I’d have to try really, really, really hard to have worse hockey takes than what originates from that dudes brain.

Couturier not producing with slop linemates I imagine was his biggest gripe and not being able to reconcile those two things lol

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
They are insufferable. Being happy the team won and is in a playoff spot is fine, good even. But praising Torts as some master tactician? Give me a break.
For real. It wasn't even like they dominated the entire game, they got up early and were fighting the rest of the way. Don't get me wrong I love seeing them win but the aforementioned stuff is just ridiculous.

Reactions: freakydallas13

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Will never stop calling his ass out
1000003997.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
If I recall from the conversation, they used two. They start with four, so should have two remaining.
The gummy kicked in hard, but I thought Ginning and whoever else they called made up the four. That's why I was saying it was dumb because other than an emergency recall, they couldn't bring anyone else up.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The gummy kicked in hard, but I thought Ginning and whoever else they called made up the four. That's why I was saying it was dumb because other than an emergency recall, they couldn't bring anyone else up.
I could be wrong. Was Sandstrom post deadline?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't they use them the other day? @GKJ isn't this what we were discussing the other night?

If I recall from the conversation, they used two. They start with four, so should have two remaining.
They used 2 to recall Attard and Brink after the deadline and recalled Ginning and Lycksell on March 18, so anyone else has to be under emergency conditions

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Stupid ass franchise in every facette of managing a franchise! Its wonderfull to see. They will now get into the argument that it was totally important to send Ginning down anf trade for Johnson just to recall Ginning a few days later and loose an important callup space!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wonder if Charlie is working on his mea culpa article about Frost yet.

PHLY August 12th, 2024:

Maybe Frost is also now a high-end play-driving forward! His playing style doesn't fit my view of what that player tends to look like, and he's never graded out well by on-ice advanced stats before this season, but maybe he's cracked a new code. I'm not quite there yet with Frost, but I don't begrudge people who are.

He's the kind of guy who has to score a lot in order to stick because he doesn't bring much else. He has the talent, but can he develop the consistency? Unclear yet. The red flags — or at least yellow flags — in his NHL track record are very real. One such red flag has been his work thus far on the power play. And finally, there’s the big one — production against quality opponents.

But strong finish aside, his NHL resume is that of a pure point producer who isn’t going to move the needle much in terms of helping his club to control play.

The risk of Frost being pushed down the lineup due to the Flyers acquiring more talented and efficient scorers seems much higher than Cates losing his role to far superior defensively oriented play-drivers. Elite defensive ability — which by both the numbers and the eye test Cates appears to have — is simply a far rarer ability. And if the Flyers believe that Cates has untapped offensive upside as well, pursuing the long-term deal possibility only makes more sense.

(every word is his)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad