SHL: SHL 2015-16 General Discussion

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Jimmie Ericsson just Mario Lemieux'd FPW for the game winner...

5paQ1Ot.gif

In OT no less. Just awesome.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Something need to be done about the officiating next year. Absolutely shocking. The rest of the league is three steps above.

Last edited:

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
How is D Emil Johansson doing for HV71? I noticed he has 3 goals, 2 assists in 6 playoff games (after only getting 50-2-8-10 during regular season). Seems pretty good?

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
And Leksand maybe??? Game is on now.

Series now tied 3-3. Modo won game 1 and 2, Leksand then won 2 straight, Modo crushed Leksand in game 5 but Leksand refuses to give up which lead them to winning game 6.

The 7th and final game is played on Friday.

The question is now which team that can handle the nerves the best?
Modo have to be considered favourites since the won their last home game comfortably and I think that Modo in the end will prove to be the stronger/better team.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Series now tied 3-3. Modo won game 1 and 2, Leksand then won 2 straight, Modo crushed Leksand in game 5 but Leksand refuses to give up which lead them to winning game 6.

The 7th and final game is played on Friday.

The question is now which team that can handle the nerves the best?
Modo have to be considered favourites since the won their last home game comfortably and I think that Modo in the end will prove to be the stronger/better team.

i'm prepared for a let down as a LIF-fan
either way, they've pulled off one heck of a season but modo in övik will be a blowout.

still tho, what an unbelievable season for leksand. totally loco.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Modo should have ended it a lot earlier. Feel terrible for them and especially Rantakari.....they have some tough years ahead now.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I still remember Petter Rönnqvist commenting "This is the start of a dynasty" during Modo's championship celebration in 07. Instead it's been a straight slope down to hell, or Allsvenskan. Thanks Markus Näslund and Per Svartvadet, brilliant GM:s.

Last edited:

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
I thought it was offside too but apparently they changed the rule a few seasons ago?

No, not offside. The puck enters the zone when Martin Karlsson is still in the zone/on the ice but when Brock Montpetit touches the puck
Martin Karlsson have already left the ice and cleared the offside situation.

It's the as when a team dumps the puck into the offensive zone when they still have players there. As long as they don't touch the puck
in the zone before everyone have cleared the offside situation, there should not be any game stoppage called.

Domarprofilen Thomas ”Kuben” Andersson är av en annan Ã¥sikt. – Av det jag har sett sÃ¥ ser mÃ¥let schyst ut. Leksandspelaren har ju
hunnit in i båset när Montpetit väl rör pucken
Han påverkade inte spelet?
– Han är ju i bÃ¥set när pucken vidrörs. Det är precis som om du dumpar pucken i zonen. Har du spelare där
så blåser ju inte domaren av direkt. Spelarna får först en chans att ta sig ur zonen.

– Nä, jag tycker inte man ska lyfta fram den här situationen över huvud taget. Det river bara upp sÃ¥r i Modo, säger ”Kuben”.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/article22552166.ab

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
This is bad for swedish hockey and swedish prospects!!

I don't know. From a financial standpoint Leksand would be the better team... for the other teams at least. A home game against Leksand usually mean a much larger crowd than you would have at a game against MoDo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad