SHL: SHL 2015-16 General Discussion

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Tim Kennedy and Kael Mouillierat to Luleå. The Luleå team is set, no more players will arrive.
http://www.nsd.se/nyheter/extra-har-ar-lulea-hockeys-nya-stjarnor-10137015.aspx

Sweatt - Mouillierat - Kennedy
Emanuelsson - Harju - Junttila
Hedman - Falk - Lagacé
Fabricius - Mastomäki - Forsberg

Interesting team built by Osten in that there are 6 or 7 guys who can play both center and wing. Lots of flexibility but might also be a curse as they'll throw the line combinations around so much whenever they're not winning. Also looks like they've made a conscious effort to get harder working skill guys and not carry the Rajalas around, but will their top-end skill be enough to compete with Frölunda, Skellefteå, Linköping? I think they'll be in tough to be a top-5 team.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Interesting team built by Osten in that there are 6 or 7 guys who can play both center and wing. Lots of flexibility but might also be a curse as they'll throw the line combinations around so much whenever they're not winning. Also looks like they've made a conscious effort to get harder working skill guys and not carry the Rajalas around, but will their top-end skill be enough to compete with Frölunda, Skellefteå, Linköping? I think they'll be in tough to be a top-5 team.

Luleå got a lot of "what ifs" this season.

How good will Jaros be? He imporved a lot last season, will he continue to imporve at the same pace?
How will Amnér fit in SHL? Can he be used in PP or is he just another Hjelm/Ejdepalm?
How good will Todd be? Is he good enough to be a top2 defenseman for a SHL-team?
How will Mikkelson and Schira play when they got a whole season in SHL? They were both awful the first half of last season but improved a lot in the second half, both were terrible in the playoffs though.

Are Emanuelsson and Sweatt injury-free? Can they play the whole season+playoffs?
Will Juntilla be good enough to be a productive player in SHL from the get go?
How will Kennedy and Mouillierat fit in SHL? Can they carry a line each?
Will Mastomäki continue to take huge steps in his development?

I don't think there are any other teams in the SHL with so many unanswered important questions in their line-ups. The only thing we "know" is that Luleå will have good goaltending.

If most of these players exceed expectations I think Luleå will be a top4 team, if most of them play below expectations Luleå will have to fight to get to the play-in and if "we" get a mix of both, which seems resonable, I think the team will hoover around the top6-mark.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Erik Ersberg has retired and will become a goaltending coach for the Vienna Capitals.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there's a detailed preview of teams for the upcoming season. Like who has come and gone, what has changed, what can be expected from the team etc... I prefer articles in English yet I think the better ones will surely be in Swedish, so they're OK as well - Google Translate from Swedish to English works fine since they're kinda close grammatically. I'm specifically interested in Lulea.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there's a detailed preview of teams for the upcoming season. Like who has come and gone, what has changed, what can be expected from the team etc... I prefer articles in English yet I think the better ones will surely be in Swedish, so they're OK as well - Google Translate from Swedish to English works fine since they're kinda close grammatically. I'm specifically interested in Lulea.

Hockeysverige.se

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think Kim Rosdahl, born 1996, playing for Malmö, will suprise a lot of people this year. He is a old school powerforward with decent scoring ability. Would not be suprised if he is a NHL-player in some years.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How good do you guys think asplund will do this season.

If he ever decides to come to nhl what do you believe he projects as?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Can we expect more of this from Malmö or has this been a totally unexpected; one-time, surprise run? What are the general expectations from this team for this season?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Can we expect more of this from Malmö or has this been a totally unexpected; one-time, surprise run? What are the general expectations from this team for this season?

I think this mostly has been a fluke. They are much improved but to the levels of being 7-9th or something like that, not to contend.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Why does Malmö have so many straight away games? It's not KHL or NHL, long travels away from home doesn't make sense. Moreover, they don't seem to have a home run soon enough, either. Interesting.

Frostage

May 23, 2014
Hey guys, Canucks fan here just looking at different GMs around the world.

What can you tell me about Lars Johansson? It seems that his team Skellefteå AIK has had a lot of success the last few years.

How instrumental has he been in this?

Thanks in advance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad