SHL: SHL 2015-16 General Discussion

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a legal way to watch SHL from outside of the country, especially in Turkey. A few years ago, there were some channels airing games on their websites - I clearly remember watching Kanal 4 or something like that... Is there any way I can pay and watch online, like KHL's streams for example?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a legal way to watch SHL from outside of the country, especially in Turkey. A few years ago, there were some channels airing games on their websites - I clearly remember watching Kanal 4 or something like that... Is there any way I can pay and watch online, like KHL's streams for example?

All the games are streamed by CMore online, don't know how that works in Turkey, however, since there are no rights holders (I would imagine). Probably easiest if you just shoot them an e-mail.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Antti Tyrväinen Ilves -> Färjestad.

Keep your head up when Tyrväinen is on the ice. Oh yeah, even keeping your head isn't enough sometimes...

Can you imagine this guy had the balls to leave Ilves just becose the team refused to pay some of the money he lost becose of the nine game misconduct he got from the hit (15% so apparently about 15k euros).

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
What do you guys think of Carl dahlstrom? Does he have a future with the NHL blackhawks?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
What do you guys think of Carl dahlstrom? Does he have a future with the NHL blackhawks?

I have a hard time seeing that, it seems that he lacks a bit of everything even for the SHL right now.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Hi guys,

I am really sorry to ask questions over and over again, giving you headaches all the time here and there but I don't know anywhere else I could consult about SHL in English.

So today, to test the waters and see how good stream is, I wanted to buy the game Rögle-Luleaa. However, my credit card was denied and according to what staff told me, it's because mine is a Turkish one. They say I need a "Nordic" credit card to buy.

Well I have never been in Nordic countries and I will not be in a foreseeable future. Is there any other way you could suggest for me to buy? If there is some option like "Buy game for this account", I can pay you the amount beforehand via PayPal. This is the only thing I could think of. Any solutions for that?

Currently, I just want to buy a single game to see how good it works with my crappy connection. If it goes smoothly, then I will buy 2-month subscription for play-offs in March.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Okay so here is an update for the ones who would like to watch SHL from out of Sweden like me. Today, thanks to a friend in Sweden, I was able to buy the game between Luleaa and Örebro. However, if you don't know anyone from the country, it's pretty difficult to get things done because Cmore only accepts payment via cards that are only issued by Nordic banks. So you either have to find someone from Sweden, which I luckily was able to, to buy you the game and then transfer him the money OR take the other path. What is that?

While Cmore only accepts payments from Nordic countries but is available for watching from anywhere in the world, TV4 Play accepts payment from other countries but is only available in Sweden! The beautiful thing is, you can also watch hockey on TV4 Play because it's "connected" (don't know the correct word, sorry) to Cmore.

So, just buy a monthly subscription through TV4 Play and then a VPN service, roughly 5$ a month, to get an IP address located in Sweden. This way, with minimal to none decrease in internet connection, you can enjoy SHL and Allsvenskan.

I shared it here because as far as I see there is nothing illegal in this. These things I mentioned are all services that you have to pay for, so I see no problem. I really beat my brain over this thing so hope it may help anyone interested in SHL but has absolutely no ties with Sweden.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Hv71 seems to be the team that have the least tendency to give give young players ice-time, both historically and today. I can not remember they put much fate in any young player ever. The same is this year, Brännström and Lias Andersson have been outstanding in superelit, but is not getting much ice time in SHL. This while other teams are giving players that have impresse far less in superelit much more ice-time, Skellefteå is one of them, and this repeat itself every year. Why do that come?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Hv71 seems to be the team that have the least tendency to give give young players ice-time, both historically and today. I can not remember they put much fate in any young player ever. The same is this year, Brännström and Lias Andersson have been outstanding in superelit, but is not getting much ice time in SHL. This while other teams are giving players that have impresse far less in superelit much more ice-time, Skellefteå is one of them, and this repeat itself every year. Why do that come?

Well, they gave Kevin Fiala plenty of ice time. Brännström is just too weak in his own zone against men. Lias Andersson would perhaps play more on other teams but he isn't worse off in J20 this season. He's gonna have to improve his skating/explosiveness.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Well, they gave Kevin Fiala plenty of ice time. Brännström is just too weak in his own zone against men. Lias Andersson would perhaps play more on other teams but he isn't worse off in J20 this season. He's gonna have to improve his skating/explosiveness.

Do not know how you can say that when his average ice-time in shl in 3 games is 0:47, if you ask me it is impossible to give out a fair judgment on a player with that little ice-time. Plus they could use him like Rögle do with Liljegren, play him in PP

Fiala is however right.

Either way, it goes beyond a just a few players. Hv71 just seems like a team that usually do not give young players much ice-time.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hey guys,

Who do you think would be a comparable player to Andreas Johnson in the NHL? What would be his NHL upside? Nyquist?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
One of the leading defensive scorers in the league, Niklas Hansson (HV71), doesn't even play a shift - or at least, I did not see him - in the entire 2nd period against Skellefteå...ice time is way down. I know he is not much for defense, but I'm surprised he is not deployed more in an uphill battle versus Skellefteå...is he hurt?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Jimmie Ericsson just Mario Lemieux'd FPW for the game winner...

5paQ1Ot.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad