SHL: SHL 2015-16 General Discussion

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Read something about San Jose trying to sign Tim Heed. Any thoughts on him being NHL-caliber or not?

Very skilled and intelligent D. Same thing as with Hultström and with Bengtsson, if the teams are patient and use them right and not bench them for every little mistake just because they're offensive righty D's, they'll be great additions.

Heed has really cleaned up his game, fewer mistakes, not gonna be a PKer or a physical D, but he's certainly NHL level skill/hockey IQ wise.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Ambri of the Swiss NLA seems to be interested in Lasch. What can you tell about him?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Ambri of the Swiss NLA seems to be interested in Lasch. What can you tell about him?

Smaller forward who's a very talented scorer and playmaker, one of the best set-up-men in the league, good on the power play as well. I don't know if he's got any particular quality that's standing out more than the other offensively, just a very good offensive player and will produce.

Really need to let him play his own game, Frölunda was perfect for him.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
It is happening again

nkAMuRV.jpg

I'm fine with the others but why did they have to take Sur-Martin :cry:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I have nothing against Luleå, but how can they be considered to be the gold favorites the upcoming season right now?

Lines with current players:

Lassinantti
Gustavsson

Mikkelson - Schira
Melart - Jaros
Amnér - Nässén/Själin

Sweatt - Lagacé - Emanuelsson
Harju - Falk - Junttila
Hedman - Mastomäki - Forsberg
Fabricius - Lundeström/Toolanen - Rydahl

This is a team that will miss playoffs.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I have nothing against Luleå, but how can they be considered to be the gold favorites the upcoming season right now?

Lines with current players:

Lassinantti
Gustavsson

Mikkelson - Schira
Melart - Jaros
Amnér - Nässén/Själin

Sweatt - Lagacé - Emanuelsson
Harju - Falk - Junttila
Hedman - Mastomäki - Forsberg
Fabricius - Lundeström/Toolanen - Rydahl

This is a team that will miss playoffs.

I guess it's with the assumption that they will add one top D and two very good forwards, but I agree with you, they're nowhere near what I consider a top-4 with SKE/VF/LHC/VL.

Still two weeks or so to lose Lassinantti and this could look awful given expectations and financial status.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
I hope this is OK to ask in this thread as everyone here follows Swedish hockey.

Sundqvist was drafted by Avangard in the KHL draft. He's not currently in Pittsburgh's lineup but was a 3rd round pick. Anyone follow him closely?

Is he valued highly by the Pens? If he left for Europe would he come to the KHL?

Silktoid

May 6, 2015
I hope this is OK to ask in this thread as everyone here follows Swedish hockey.

Sundqvist was drafted by Avangard in the KHL draft. He's not currently in Pittsburgh's lineup but was a 3rd round pick. Anyone follow him closely?

Is he valued highly by the Pens? If he left for Europe would he come to the KHL?

I haven't followed him closely. However as far as I know he have been playing with the penguins on and off due to injuries since February.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Malmö.

Thuresson - Filppula - Rakhshani
Alvarez - Forsell - Hardt
Storm - Komarek - Brunnström
Forsberg - Häggström - Tjärnqvist

Welch - N.Andersson
Meech - Olsson
E.Andersson - Warg

Nilstorp
Alsenfeldt

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Malmö.

Thuresson - Filppula - Rakhshani
Alvarez - Forsell - Hardt
Storm - Komarek - Brunnström
Forsberg - Häggström - Tjärnqvist

Welch - N.Andersson
Meech - Olsson
E.Andersson - Warg

Nilstorp
Alsenfeldt

Good top-end talent but still not a deep enough team probably to be in a position to make the playoffs.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Does the SHL keep track of goalie wins anywhere for a season? Was looking at running a hockey pool from this league just for fun but it looks like Wins are not one of the stats that are tracked for goaltenders. Seems extremely odd and I assume they must be available somewhere. Anyone know?

Timrakollen

Nov 25, 2015
Does the SHL keep track of goalie wins anywhere for a season? Was looking at running a hockey pool from this league just for fun but it looks like Wins are not one of the stats that are tracked for goaltenders. Seems extremely odd and I assume they must be available somewhere. Anyone know?

http://www.shl.se/statistik/malvakt/summary?season=2015&gameType=regular

There u go! Goaliestats all the way back to 2006/2007
The menues are in swedish doh.
Here are what some of the words means:

MÃ¥lvakter: Goalies
Säsong: Season
Matchtyp: Gametype. SHL: Regular season. Play In: Qualifying to the SHL. Slutspel: Playoffs
Sammanfattning: Summary

Hope it helps! Cheers mate.

Last edited:

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
I guess it's with the assumption that they will add one top D and two very good forwards, but I agree with you, they're nowhere near what I consider a top-4 with SKE/VF/LHC/VL.
Skellefteå isn't a top-4 team, it looks nice on the surface with Lindström, Möller and Jimmie but Jimmie isn't a top player anymore and Lindström and Möller could be slowing down too. Remove those (+Burström who's very likely leaving) and it looks like a team for Allsvenskan.

Timrakollen

Nov 25, 2015
Skellefteå isn't a top-4 team, it looks nice on the surface with Lindström, Möller and Jimmie but Jimmie isn't a top player anymore and Lindström and Möller could be slowing down too. Remove those (+Burström who's very likely leaving) and it looks like a team for Allsvenskan.

They also have Calof and especialy Emil Pettersson who in my opinion will be better nex season with some better training!

Don't think Möller and Lindström will slow down at all. They will come back with a hunger to take back the Le Mat from Frölunda. Jimmie showed in WC that he still is a very good player.

But i agree, if Burström leaves the D roster seems a little bit week.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011

Still don't think any other team has got the depth up front that Skellefteå have. One line with Lindström and Möller, whatever line Jimmie is on will be solid and there's still a Calof, Holmström(?), a very underrated addition in Olofsson as well as E.Pettersson, nice complimentary players in A.Pettersson.

If Aho leaves after the draft that would be a much bigger blow than Burström IMO, but they have so much firepower. If they're not top-4 I will eat Mats Sundin's draft hat.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
http://www.shl.se/statistik/malvakt/summary?season=2015&gameType=regular

There u go! Goaliestats all the way back to 2006/2007
The menues are in swedish doh.
Here are what some of the words means:

MÃ¥lvakter: Goalies
Säsong: Season
Matchtyp: Gametype. SHL: Regular season. Play In: Qualifying to the SHL. Slutspel: Playoffs
Sammanfattning: Summary

Hope it helps! Cheers mate.

Wasn't really online much the past few days, but wanted to say thanks. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Really appreciate it!

EclecticPancake

Jun 14, 2016

I think that it has always been clear that the reason for Skellefteå's success has been that never ending team spirit which makes everyone excel over their limits prior to joining the team. That, and what is undoubtedly the best training program in Sweden makes it hard to belive that players would stop develop their skills, and in the cases of Joakim Lindström and Oscar Möller stop producing even after solid seasons in the KHL. As has been said, one must also remember that the team has signed a pair of top scorers in Jesper Olofsson and Emil Pettersson who come from great seasons in their respective teams, also Emil Djuse and Henrik Hetta will act as much needed replacements for Heed and Forsell.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
What can you guys tell me about Rajala? Signed with my hometown-team yesterday.
Could his style of play work in Switzerland?

Extremely skilled, lethal shot and a great playmaker. All offensive abilities, will flourish with lots of freedom, not much of a two-way winger, but one of the most skilled offensive guys in the SHL over the past years but has never been a guy that teams seem to want to lean on for championship runs.

I think he will fit perfectly in the NLA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad