Sharks roster discussion

What should the Sharks do at the trade deadline this season?

• Nothing. They're fine as they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade whatever is necessary to add a blue-chip talent for a deep playoff run.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Make minor trades for depth, but don't give up a 1st or any top prospects.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Sell sell sell! This team is going nowhere and it's time to rebuild.

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
To go along with it, Ladd has a full NMC this year and most players aren't inclined to waive that when they're on a playoff team during the season. And Nelson scoring is probably going to be a good enough reason to hang on to him while they're in the playoff mix so I don't see anything there with regards to a trade. I'd bet on the Sharks trading for the Sedins before trading for anyone on the Islanders.

We have assets with crap contracts we could send over and there is such a think as salary retained, NMC get waived from time to time. I'm just looking at teams the have excess scoring / possible players available.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Yeah you are tottaly right burmistrov did not throw his shoulder into coutures head.

Only us shark fans can't see how burmistrov throwing a hit on a player that wasn't even 20 feet from the puck isn't even worth a minor penalty.

I'm also a Sharks fan, but will not hold anything back where it is due. Couture is a soft player. Burmistrov didn't even know Couture was there until the last second. No no minor warranted. Keep your head up Loggie, this is hockey.....

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I'm also a Sharks fan, but will not hold anything back where it is due. Couture is a soft player. Burmistrov didn't even know Couture was there until the last second. No no minor warranted. Keep your head up Loggie, this is hockey.....

How does getting concussed make you a soft player? What is happening here haha

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

What a load of BS...and the sad thing is a lot of people in the hockey community have this outdated, short-sighted, and dangerous mindset. This BS argument is what leads to concussions, CTE, and ruined post-hockey lives for these players (and it affects their families big-time as well).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Burmistrov of course knew Couture was there. He was purposely trying to bump him to keep him from getting in on the puck. I doubt he intended on popping Couture in the jaw but he absolutely intended on bumping Couture there. You don't even know how hockey works if you believe what you just typed here.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How does getting concussed make you a soft player? What is happening here haha

You’ll find that many posters can be counted on to say the same things time and time again. There are particularly a small group of posters who insist that all Sharks are soft, and that’s why they lose, and that playing rough and physical is more important than scoring goals. And also apparently that gettin concussed makes a player soft. :dunno: It’s a new statement, but it’s not surprising given the source.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California

I truly hope that you are just the garden variety internet troll and not truly that ignorant.

Reactions: Phu and BigDmitriy

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Burmistrov of course knew Couture was there. He was purposely trying to bump him to keep him from getting in on the puck. I doubt he intended on popping Couture in the jaw but he absolutely intended on bumping Couture there. You don't even know how hockey works if you believe what you just typed here.

No, I don't know how hockey works; I've just been playing hockey for 40 years and against some NHL players.

I'll give it the interference call, but again, Couture should have been ready.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No, I don't know how hockey works; I've just been playing hockey for 40 years and against some NHL players.

I'll give it the interference call, but again, Couture should have been ready.

Correct, you don't know how hockey works if you're even being hesitant on giving that an interference call. I don't care what your playing experience is. It's never been the case that a player should be ready to be hit in the jaw when they don't have the puck and aren't anywhere near the damn thing. You possibly having played the game doesn't give you free reign to say any ridiculous thing you want about the game and make it true.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Correct, you don't know how hockey works if you're even being hesitant on giving that an interference call. I don't care what your playing experience is. It's never been the case that a player should be ready to be hit in the jaw when they don't have the puck and aren't anywhere near the damn thing. You possibly having played the game doesn't give you free reign to say any ridiculous thing you want about the game and make it true.

You missed the point. Firts, I wasn't hesitatnt to call it interference; my point was that Couture is a low skating player, wasn't watching out for himself, and got decked by Burmistrov of all players. Second, I didn't use the fact that I have played hockey for 4 decades in my explanation. I was simply answering what you had said about not knowing the game.
Couture should have been aware what was going on around him. If he plays like that, he will be out of the game very soon....

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Oh geeze, now the I play in a rec league so my opinion is superior argument. Bill Belicheck, probably the best coach in the history of the NFL, never played a down of professional football, yet still seems to have a superior knowledge of the game than 99.9% of people that played in the league, weird.

Give it up, you have an ignorant and outdated point of view on the game.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You missed the point. Firts, I wasn't hesitatnt to call it interference; my point was that Couture is a low skating player, wasn't watching out for himself, and got decked by Burmistrov of all players. Second, I didn't use the fact that I have played hockey for 4 decades in my explanation. I was simply answering what you had said about not knowing the game.
Couture should have been aware what was going on around him. If he plays like that, he will be out of the game very soon....

You absolutely were hesitant to call it interference when you initially said no interference so that's bull from the get-go. Secondly, being a low-skating player has no bearing on whether you should be ready to be illegally hit by anyone and yes Burmistrov knew he was bumping Couture and doing so illegally at the time. And it is absolutely possible for someone to have played the game for any length of time and not know a damn thing about the game. If your playing experience is true, you're the living embodiment of that being true just based on this one instance because you're flat out wrong on the whole thing. Being aware of potentially being hit without the puck wasn't even a thing when you supposedly started playing the game in the late 70's much less now. Get with the times, bro.

Reactions: Sleestack

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Oh geeze, now the I play in a rec league so my opinion is superior argument. Bill Belicheck, probably the best coach in the history of the NFL, never played a down of professional football, yet still seems to have a superior knowledge of the game than 99.9% of people that played in the league, weird.

Give it up, you have an ignorant and outdated point of view on the game.
Internet made you a hockey expert of somekind ?
I know that's a common misconception but, widely held view.
How else can you seem equal

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nope. I don't even pretend to be
Unlike many

That's good. It doesn't mean those that don't or haven't played can't become one. It all depends on whether you have the eye for it and know how to process the information available appropriately.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So what's it like to take a puck to the chops ?
Score the winning goal ?

Hurts like a mofo to take a puck to the chops. I've had it happen a couple times myself. Scoring the winning goal wouldn't be something I've experienced because I was a goalie when I played. It doesn't mean I don't know what they're looking at and what tends to succeed for them. One doesn't need to actually experience those things to understand them and analyze it. And I've experienced at least a certain side of the game. I've never said that experience doesn't help but it's not a requirement.

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Soo your saying you need have scored a winning goal in order to be able to analyze hockey? Really, that's the argument your going to go with...because that's somehow relevant in any way to us debating the mindset that if you get a concussion your soft...

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Soo your saying you need have scored a winning goal in order to be able to analyze hockey? Really, that's the argument your going to go with...because that's somehow relevant in any way to us debating the mindset that if you get a concussion your soft...

I’ve scored a winning goal! Do I get an opinion??

Reactions: LA Shark
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad