Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers April 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Could be good news.....but then again, how often do rookies come in and get their first NHL goals against us? Young blood that wants to impress management is a dangerous thing.....

No matter what roster they use, we can't take them lightly.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Andrew Gross
‏@AGrossRecord
Rangers announce recall of F Ryan Bourque and D Chris Summers from Hartford (AHL).

YOU GUYS IT MIGHT BE HAPPENING.

Cool is this either guys first taste of the NHL? If so and if history serves correct wonder which one will score there first tonight...perhaps both?

We seem to play down to competition but im still hoping the fellas bring it hard tonight.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Cool is this either guys first taste of the NHL? If so and if history serves correct wonder which one will score there first tonight...perhaps both?

We seem to play down to competition but im still hoping the fellas bring it hard tonight.

It will be Bourque's first regular season NHL game.

He's a midget who has had trouble scoring consitently in the NHL, so he'll prolly get a hattie tonight.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nash and Staal are resting, Zucc and Klein are hurt. Chris Summers is trash on fire and Bourque has never played an NHL game.

No reason to lose this game guys ;).

Good luck!

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Given Ryan's recent s**t play, who would you play instead? Neil..for physical impact. Or Prince...for added scoring. Of course, it ain't gonna happen...but I hope Ryan doesn't cost us the playoffs. IMO he needs to rest up for a few.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Given Ryan's recent s**t play, who would you play instead? Neil..for physical impact. Or Prince...for added scoring. Of course, it ain't gonna happen...but I hope Ryan doesn't cost us the playoffs. IMO he needs to rest up for a few.

Ryan's game will turn around. The end of the Pittsburgh game saw him getting back to basics, hitting things, going for the simple plays. Benching him now would be crippling to his confidence going into the playoffs.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If the Senators get eliminated, I expect all of you to be on the Rangers bandwagon. New York is scratching Nash, Zuccarello, Staal and Klein (who could've been ready if the Rangers really tried). Yes, Senators first, but Rangers next.

Plus, it's not like you want the Habs to win anyway.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
If the Senators get eliminated, I expect all of you to be on the Rangers bandwagon. New York is scratching Nash, Zuccarello, Staal and Klein (who could've been ready if the Rangers really tried). Yes, Senators first, but Rangers next.

If the Sens don't make it / get wrecked in the first around against the Rangers, I would totally be fine with seeing them win. Anyone but the Habs / Boston out of the east is fine by me lol

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON

How is Neil even an option...? Neil is never the right choice.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

10922483_10152448498487563_3750379426472541966_n.jpg

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ryan's game will turn around. The end of the Pittsburgh game saw him getting back to basics, hitting things, going for the simple plays. Benching him now would be crippling to his confidence going into the playoffs.

Ryan needs to turn his game around today. There's is two games left which we absolutely need to win and if he doesn't then it won't matter because he'll have all summer to think about his last 25 games.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
How is Neil even an option...? Neil is never the right choice.

Because we're only 25-4-4 in the last 33 games. With Neil we would be 33-0-0 duh? You can't measure grit and toughness and heart. :sarcasm:

If anything, Neil could play for Smith but that would only last until MM9 is back and ready to go. I love Neil but the team is just so much better on the ice with him off. The same goes for Phillips.

Nothing against what they have done for this team the last 10+ years, but its time to move on.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
1B4CMIn.jpg

Aaaaaaand a 48% swing. I know we've been joking around with the "biggest game of the year" posts, but truly...it's the biggest game of the year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Aaaaaaand a 48% swing. I know we've been joking around with the "biggest game of the year" posts, but truly...it's the biggest game of the year.

Just take care of our business and even if Boston and detroit win we still got an above 50% chance when the day is over.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Allegedly we're giving Nash, Zucc, and one of Girardi or Staal the night off. Good luck, guys. ;)

I honestly would rather have them in the line-up on "don't get hurt, save it for the playoffs" mode vs. young and eager guys busting their buts trying to impress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad