Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers April 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
not really a must win we can still get 4 points in Philly.

DoubleWebHomeSlideshow[1]1.jpg

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
General census of Rangers fans I know is that they do NOT want to face Boston. Would much rather face us.

Let's be happy to oblige!

"OgieO":

I think any team would NOT want to play Ottawa the way they have been playing.......................

I would avoid playing Ottawa like avoiding the plague team is just playing so well now.. They are a joy to watch.............................

Replica2112

Feb 20, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
This is a tough game for me, I want the Sens to win so the great story continues but I also want the Rangers to win(I'm a Rangers fan after all). I highly doubt the Rangers will sit anyone especially with the playoffs right around the corner and they may get Klein back also. Good luck to you guys tomorrow night though despite my fandom.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
If we can win this game, I've already arranged it with the Flyers fans that they would get their team to throw their game if it meant eliminating Pittsburgh.

In exchange, we have to let Voracek score 8 points to win the scoring title from Crosby. I think it's a fair deal and the only real losers in this deal will be Pens fans. They'll probably go crazy seeing themselves knocked out AND Crosby losing the Art Ross.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
This is a tough game for me, I want the Sens to win so the great story continues but I also want the Rangers to win(I'm a Rangers fan after all). I highly doubt the Rangers will sit anyone especially with the playoffs right around the corner and they may get Klein back also. Good luck to you guys tomorrow night though despite my fandom.

Class. :heart:

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
If we can win this game, I've already arranged it with the Flyers fans that they would get their team to throw their game if it meant eliminating Pittsburgh.

In exchange, we have to let Voracek score 8 points to win the scoring title from Crosby. I think it's a fair deal and the only real losers in this deal will be Pens fans. They'll probably go crazy seeing themselves knocked out AND Crosby losing the Art Ross.

So ottawa wins 9-8? with Karlsson getting 9 points and +9, and Stone same stat line as well?

Ooh Lazar*

We need to come out of the stable doors like a sledgehammer filled with angry bees!

Worst case Ontario is that we give NYR a lead to play with...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
General census of Rangers fans I know is that they do NOT want to face Boston. Would much rather face us.

Let's be happy to oblige!

Pretty much. From our POV, it's anyone but Boston. I'd love to see the Sens get in too since I've always liked watching them play.

NYR will be resting players cause they won pres trophy, amirite to assume so?

Not sure who will rest. Right now we're only carrying one extra player due to our cap situation. Klein is hurt so we're playing with 6 D and no extras there and we have 13 forwards. Zuccarello sat out last night due to "general body soreness" and Sheppard played so maybe you see another top forward up front do the same tomorrow as Zucc comes back in.

Rangers need 2 points to set the team record for most points in a season and Henrik is one win shy of 30 wins which he's hit every single season minus the lockout shortened one so that's about the only two things the Rangers are playing for at this point. Henrik will be in goal tomorrow and if it was up to me, I'd play the 4th line more than usual and spread out the ice time.

Best of luck tomorrow guys and lets just say I won't be too upset if the Rangers lose tomorrow :)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
But wouldn't the Isles and Pens pre-emptively strike by just letting the puck sit at centre ice tomorrow and go to overtime, each earning a point?

Whats in it for the Pens though? They don't clinch with just one point unless Ottawa loses tomorrow.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Im not really sure rangers will be resting players. Its beat the sens and face a struggling red wings or pens, or lose to sens and see the hottest nhl team basically in round one

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Whats their record vs tampa this season?

Cuz its basically going down to NY VS BOLTS CONF FINALS SHOWDOWN

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Im not really sure rangers will be resting players. Its beat the sens and face a struggling red wings or pens, or lose to sens and see the hottest nhl team basically in round one

The one thing that is going against the Sens is that they would be playing with a rookie goaltender in the playoffs if they make it.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
The good news is..Bruins play back-to-back Wed Thurs. hopefully Caps thump them around TONITE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad